Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Two persistent problems
    #5064785 - 12/14/05 10:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, at first i thought it was my personal lappie which is just fucked. But now that im seeing the same problems on a laptop thats never been to the shroomery, and is well maintained, i thought i should post this up.

I run Firefox BTW

Problem one.) When i try to log in it keeps the default color (blue) and fwd's me to my homepage. When i try to naviagte the site after that it tells me that i need to log in even though im "logged in" according to the website. The only fix i found for it is to restart the computer.

Problem two) I noticed that people are seeing the OTD fourm greyed out with no new posts. For me its Mush cult, pub, news, sponsors, almost every forum that i regulary visit. Here comes the weird part, if i click on a forum that has new posts but doesnt indicate, then click on the link to the forum from within the forum, it will reload the page with all new post links showing. However, if i post, or click a link to refresh the page, it goes back to showing no new posts. Then the only way to see the new posts is to go to the index, click on the forum again, and reload the forum from within the forum.

It's getting to be a royal PITA, and i havent posted anything about it because i thought it was my computer, but now i know its not my own personal PC that's the cause of the problem.

Any ideas?

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: Two persistent problems [Re: coda]
    #5064971 - 12/14/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

My idea is that it is a SERIOUSL pain in the ass.
Dunno how many people suffer from it, but it sucks. :sad:

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Two persistent problems [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #5065000 - 12/14/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

as for the fire fox thing, i have that happen to it has to do with the cookies. im assuming it wont let you log in???

you have to close ALL of the open browser windows then re-open one and come back to log in. this happen sin IE too.

actually i woudnt be supprosed if the forum new posts thing was caused by the same cookie....

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: Two persistent problems [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5065287 - 12/15/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm investigating this problem, with all the reports it's obviously legitimate but the fact that I can't reproduce it hinders my efforts. I've received a lot of good information so far, but any furthers details you guys can provide might help me track it down. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and appreciate everyone's patience!

Peace,

-Y

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Two persistent problems [Re: Ythan]
    #5065307 - 12/15/05 12:28 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yeah its so weird and random, that it dosent effect all of the forums, very odd.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

#5065316 - 12/15/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

My working theory is that it might have something to do with the new affiliate banners. I usually keep banners disabled, so if one of the iframe based ones was messing up sessions or something it wouldn't have affected me. I have them enabled now, although everything's still working okay so far. Can you guys with issues click the little "X" to disable affiliate ads for a day, and see if the problem occurs during that time? Or alternately supporters can just disable ads in their preferences. Using an adblocker might not be enough though, since it could possibly leave the bad code intact.

Thanks!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5065924 - 12/15/05 05:58 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

> Problem two) I noticed that people are seeing the OTD fourm greyed out with no new posts.

I have never had problem one, but I have problem two from time to time. Not just OTD, but ALL of the forums will show no new posts, even the forums that I seldom enter. I am running firefox (yeah) on windows xp (bleck), but do not block any banners (at least on the Shroomery... I like to keep an eye on what is happening).

I have seen the same problem in the past using IE, so I am fairly certain it is not a browser issue. I suspect it may be a cookie or timing issue. The problem is intermittent and doesn't last long, making it extremly difficult to debug. I suspect it is an issue with cookies (perhaps too much data?) or with clocks getting off between the server and client or something of that nature. It only seems to hit when I have been doing a lot of posting and reading, but this may be a biased observation.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5066374 - 12/15/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Also, in PAL, when I read a thread and then go back to the forum later, it is not marked as read. I use Firefox and have tried clearing cookies and whatnot.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Two persistent problems [Re: Redstorm]
    #5066538 - 12/15/05 10:31 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I saw the same thing, Redstorm, today for the first time with Science and Tech. I had read all the posts in there, but it kept telling me that there were new posts. Strange.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Two persistent problems [Re: Seuss]
    #5066661 - 12/15/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i dont think this is a cookie issue, unless its caused with the creation of the cookie.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6

thats my firefox version, im using xp pro on this laptop and xp home on my personal, i havent cleared cookies but i will try once i get permission to do so. I havent looked at it in IE, but i will, and for me this is something that happens constantly. It just recently started happening too, and it happens EVERY time i log in, i cant get away from it.

I dont mind going back and forth sometimes but it makes it a PITA to mod when i keep losing track of whats new and whats not. Sometimes i cant get the forums to show new posts so then im really lost on where the new posts end.

Ythan if there's anything i can do to help track this problem let me know. I have my degree in this shit so im sure i could be of some help recording info that you need to know or running scripts or something.

Anyone else having the no new posts thing? For those that are when did it start happening for you? I think this has been going on for approx a week and 1/2 for me.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5067490 - 12/15/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I am having both problems: new posts are not highlighted, and I cannot jump to the most recent post when I click on the thread, plus threads which I have already looked at stay highlighted no matter how many times I open them.

This has been going on (on and off) for about 2 weeks.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Two persistent problems [Re: Veritas]
    #5067936 - 12/15/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yah i tried it in IE, same problem.

--------------------

-JG

Offlinewaixingren
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW Florida
    #5068319 - 12/15/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

ive had problem 2. every time i visit for the past week or so. in ie and firefox. pretty annoying. i hope we can get it fixed.

--waixingren

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #5068352 - 12/15/05 06:10 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I get a similar problem, but instead of it not showing any new posts in certain forums, it will not mark a post as read even after I have already read it.
Sometimes it won't show any new posts in a specific forum while others might work ok (like the others mentioned).
Today I noticed that if i view a forum with new posts, it wont show any as new unless I go into the forum for a second time... weird.. if I do that I am able to see which posts are new, but none will be marked as read once I view them.
I have to pretty much memorize which posts I've read and what the last reply to them was, because it's impossible to tell anymore.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: Two persistent problems [Re: eris]
    #5070482 - 12/16/05 08:34 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Alright guys cross your fingers, I think this may be fixed now. Please let me know if it seems any better.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #5070745 - 12/16/05 10:01 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm... I had already read this post, but the main index is telling me that there are new replies to this thread... there are not... well, there will be after I submit this one.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #5070765 - 12/16/05 10:06 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

The system has precognitive abilities...

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5070773 - 12/16/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, I am still seeing threads highlighted after I have looked at all the new posts.  Even if I go back again, and then return to the main page, they are still highlighted.  Not ALL the threads I have read, though.  :confused:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Two persistent problems [Re: Veritas]
    #5070778 - 12/16/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

thenews service didnt re-highlight itself despite having new posts for me. running firefox on windows

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #5070809 - 12/16/05 10:16 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Still fucked up

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order