Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinehappytobe
Stranger
strange experience.. has this happened to you?
    #505632 - 12/31/01 02:09 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hello,

I've never posted here before, so.. nice to meet all of you. :)I've had a strange experience on Mushrooms recently, and I wanted to get some opinions. I'm not a newbie to any of this.. been tripping for many years. A few months ago, I was with some friends, and we decided to eat some shrooms. We had this huge sloppy mess of freshly picked blue ringers, and I had some dried cubensis with me. We spent probably an hour cleaning off the blue ringers.. they were covered in little bits of dirt and such. We boiled everything.. I am not sure of the exact amounts but it was about a cup full of blue ringers each and a few grams of cubensis each. The night was going very well and I was having a blast.. until suddenly.. I started having a little trouble breathing. I felt as if the space around me that contained air was getting smaller and at the same time my mind felt as if a great weight was pressing upon it. I decided to get up, go outside, and get some fresh air. I got up from my chair, walked no more than three steps, when I just completely collapsed and blacked out.. as if someone had just cut my strings. I can remember being vaguely aware of myself during that time.. but for all intents and purposes, I was out cold. My friends said I was out for twenty minutes, and that at one point, I started convulsing.. maybe six or seven times. When I finally came to, I was very very weak, and after drinking two huge glasses of water, I went straight to bed. My friends were really freaked.. they thought I was going to die. We had just started to really peak when it happened so you can well imagine what was going through their shroom-addled minds.
Anyway, nothing like that has ever happened to me before.. my suspicion is that perhaps I ingested a poisoness mushroom. Anyone have any similar experiences?

happytobe

ps. sorry for the long post

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: strange experience.. has this happened to you? [Re: happytobe]
    #505685 - 12/31/01 04:53 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

"my suspicion is that perhaps I ingested a poisoness mushroom"

How did you felt the next morning when you woke up ?
Anyway, this can happen for many reasons.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinehappytobe
Stranger
Re: strange experience.. has this happened to you? [Re: MAIA]
    #505978 - 12/31/01 03:16 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I felt somewhat weak although not really in body.. but more in constitution. I was pretty out of it the whole day. I guess the word that would describe how I felt would be "drained". My mother, who is a nurse, ran down some things that might have caused the experience.. like a legion in my brain! Somehow, though.. I don't think that's it. What do you think?

happytobe

OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

Loc: Canada
    #505985 - 12/31/01 03:24 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Chances are you ate a poisonous lookalike mushroom (not saying that they were all lookalikes, just that perhaps one or two of them were).

And I think you mean lesion..

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #506235 - 12/31/01 09:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Perhaps you experienced an intense level 5 in which you began shaking during the trip. Not necessarily convulsing i.e. seizure, just intense restless movement. I know I've passed out when I was standing up, when on large doses of mushrooms. I don't know if I convulsed because I was tripping alone.

There is a possibility that you took too much which caused you to go into convulsions. Though I doubt it.

Does epilepsy run in your family? Perhaps you had a seizure.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#507648 - 01/02/02 12:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well if your ok now then at least you know you didnt make any critical mistakes with any bad lookalikes...ie liver problems and such..........

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

OfflineDayMoon
Loc: Tennessee
Re: strange experience.. has this happened to you? [Re: DazedSol]
    #508130 - 01/02/02 06:56 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ideally, it would probably be good to have a medical examination. I would perhaps even consider telling the doc what happened and what you were doing. You are protected by confidentiality, supposedly. Ruling out any medical cause would be first, I think. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were just part of the shroom experience. Recently, I ended up in the hospital. After doing about 5gms and about 2hr into the trip, I suddenly became paralyzed over my entire body. I couldn't move, much less walk. It completely freaked me out. I thought I was having a stroke. My body, including my face, contorted and twitched . As the effects of the shroom wore off I slowly recovered. Afterwards I felt kinda foolish for not understanding it was the shrooms...although I did entertain that possiblity during the experience, but I just wasn't certain about it at all at the time. After your experience, I'm sure you can appreciate the experience of entertaining these possibilities while tripping your brains out. To be on the safe side I ended up going to the ER. Later I learned that what happened to me is a phenomena known as "mushroom paralysis". I'll know better 'next time'. These mushrooms cause strange things sometimes...even for experienced users, I think. It would be nice to have a shaman convenient during those times...really! I say that because when that happened to me, I had the strange sensation of there being a "block" in my body on my right side. Oh well...just strange stuff these shrooms.

--------------------
Veteran Cosmic Rocker :cool:

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: strange experience.. has this happened to you? [Re: DayMoon]
    #508272 - 01/02/02 08:54 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I think the cause of that "mushroom paralysis" might somehow be more, oh how you say....., supernatural?

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract