Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
The Last Shrooms of the Year
    #506015 - 12/31/01 03:58 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well December 29th I mentione dmy pickings from December 28th.

Here is an image or two of the largerr specimens. Most were not more than two inches high but this clump had seven shrooms and a broken one so I give you the front and the back as seen from my scanner.

A view of the bottom of the clump:

And now a view of the top of the clump:

These were airdried and then placed in the oven to crisp them. These are potent shrooms.

Have a shroommy New Year and a great year of picking form me to you all.

Mjshroomer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: The Last Shrooms of the Year [Re: mjshroomer]
    #506464 - 01/01/02 10:04 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think they are surely made up for the new years party.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #507621 - 01/02/02 11:43 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Those are sum sick looking puppies right there mj.

The Last shrooms of the year for us was those Me@n little copelandias of New years eve Day with ann and now i have once again closed my gates into the land of those thingys .
hehehe - they were some Meanies alright!
- The gills on the larger caps were something id never seen on copees before ` with uh White and Blue gills on sum big caps `sorta albinO.

Its been a great shroomin year for all of us at the message boards

Happy NewYear!`~

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: The Last Shrooms of the Year [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #508418 - 01/02/02 10:48 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

what species is that?

OfflineAzurepower
addict
Loc: Portland Oregon>
Re: The Last Shrooms of the Year [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #508617 - 01/03/02 01:56 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Psilocybe Cyanascens! Everywhere in PNW, conifer mulch, very potent, alot like P. Azurescens!

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: The Last Shrooms of the Year [Re: Azurepower]
    #508898 - 01/03/02 12:25 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Conifer mulch?
Is that the primary wood debris that Ps. cyanescens will be found in, or is it just a possible candidate for environment?
Could I possibly find Ps. cyanescens in Alder and Maple wood-mulch as well as conifer mulch? How about grass? Do Ps. cyanescens mushrooms grow in green grass, too?
Would it more common to find this species of Psilocybe in Conifer Mulch rather than the places I questioned about above? Thanks!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: The Last Shrooms of the Year [Re: Levi7]
    #508944 - 01/03/02 01:23 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

AS Levi7 says,
the primary wood habitat of Psilocybe cyanescens is actuall alder, then alder and willow and other similar woods.

Yes P. cyanescens does grow in grassy areas alongf side mulched areas and they extend into the grasses from the mulch.

But this is not that common, although many shrooms I picked this fall came form grassy areas as seen in some of the posts aI made.

my primary shroom patches were raided the last two years and depleted.

Have a shroomy picking this year to all,

mj

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #509059 - 01/03/02 03:05 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, it was a big bummer to hear about your patches being raided, MJ, but luck(and expertise) compensated dearly for it.
Yep, 2002 is a brand new year and, come to think of it, I guess the spring mushrooms are actually the first of the year, rather than the notorious "fall explosion"! Hehe, just spilling my mind here.
Well, come February, Panaeolus subbalteatus is the one to look for, huh? I'm sure you'll keep us posted occurances of this springer.
Also, the spring Ps. Stuntzii and frequent Ps. baeocystis that you almost always come across are only a few months away. We'll be steadily awaiting your tales and pictures of your travels on the sidewalks of Seattle, U.S.A. !
Considering your announcement of the last Ps. cyanescens of the year, and I'm thinking the late fall-winter season 2001-02, I just want to add that this is definitely not something to pout about, as MJShroomer will be starting a new quest for the Spring 2002 season in only a matter of days or weeks, depending on the amount of sleep he decides to make up for! Hehe! This mushroom thing is never-ending and at any time in any season, John Allen may awake and, upon his third step, run into yet another army of Psilocybians and/or Amanitans that are just fed up with crossing paths with this Giant and Mystical Man! To Mushroom John, the keeper of the secret patches!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale