Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Sterilizing manure - - have you tried it? [Re: Holydiver]
    #5068749 - 12/15/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

What kind of manure are you collecting. The horse poo i get is always full of firefang. Next time you get a aged turd, open it up, them lil white dots are firefang.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTippinthru
contented

Loc: "The Garden"...
Re: Sterilizing manure - - have you tried it? [Re: agar]
    #5069458 - 12/15/05 11:16 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well put AGAR! :handth:
Thanks for the gang bang (theory)! :smile:

Edited by Tippinthru (12/15/05 11:31 PM)

Offlinestrollinripper
Stranger
    #5153417 - 01/08/06 08:17 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I taking a panty hose and a hot plate; sit it outside, fill the panty hose whith horse manure and boil it with the lid on for at least 45mins.

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Sterilizing manure - - have you tried it? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #5156730 - 01/08/06 11:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

it is collected from the neighbooring horse owner and shreded in a machine after its dried into a 2 story pile. I've never found firefang in it, VERY rhizomorphic

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sterilizing manure - - have you tried it? [Re: lardnar]
    #5157496 - 01/09/06 06:40 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

lardnar said:
Honestly, I do not understand the issue. Turn up the heater on your house so you can have 170+ degree water come out, or use a good water cooler with heat (mine did over 170). I then pour this water into a stockpot full of poo and try to insulate it. After a half hour its only lost 10-15 degrees if you insulate it well. From there I take it outside and pour in a strainer (in windy open air) and squeeze it out with my clean but ungloved hands until i like the moisture content. Then I take it inside and spawn right then

I've done this 6 times now and have never had contaminants post-spawn.  Poo is, the shit

I usually do the same thing in an ice chest. I heat water up on the stove to about 175-180F, then pour it over my sack of shit in the ice chest with a weight on top to hold it down. Close up the ice chest and wait an hour or two. The temp barely drops and I don't have to keep checking on the water temp.

Quote:

agar said:
Ponder this.

Manure is 3 tier gang bang.

Bovine eats it, in bovines gut other microbes/bacteria have a go at it, once expelled everything out there as a go at it.

Only the strong survive.

So the turd pile is pretty well occupied with whatever is still munching down on it.

It is also depleted on most nutrients other things - besides those microbes in it - even look for. Hey, it's a shit pile.

On top of that, the microbes that do occupy that turd pile, defend their space fairly well.

So, any outside microbe tries to get a foothold, the homey's either eject them, kill or eat them.

All in all, the turd pile is some well defended turf.

Now, sterilize that turd pile.

Suddenly, it is no longer - well defended turf.

So, any blue/green mold gang that happens to wander by, can enter & set up housekeeping. :eek:

so, if you sterilize manure. Treat it like you would an LC.

In other words, be very very careful not to allow anything to come in contact with it.

Except, what you want to introduce into it. :grin:

With that being said, why not just bypass the pasturization altogether and go straight to spawning? I've also done this with success and none of the gnats I heard would invade and take over my grow area.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sterilizing manure - - have you tried it? [Re: FooMan]
    #5157552 - 01/09/06 07:55 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

>>>>>>>>>why not just bypass the pasturization altogether and go straight to spawning? I've also done this with success and none of the gnats I heard would invade and take over my grow area. <<<<<<<

Without pasteurizing h/poo. IMHO, you are leaving yourself wide open for any number, or combination of crap, pests and/or contaminates to set in.

You were very fortunate not to have some unwanted nasty things crop up, crawl or fly out of any unpasteurized h/poo substrate. I wish I was that lucky.

--------------------

OfflineJuan_del_Pueblo
Mr.Papashroom
 User Gallery

Re: Sterilizing manure - - have you tried it? [Re: agar]
    #5157748 - 01/09/06 09:39 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I use mikey all the time for my poo. I hardly have any problems. I use only the driest nuggs(discard nuggs that have white stuff in them). I brake them up real good and soak the for an hr or more in warm water/bleach/lime.
10 cups broken up poo
12 cups water
1/4 bleach
1/8 lime
Mix by hand braking up big pieces.
after soaking, nuke on high for 10min. Drain and use when lukewarm.
I've only had probs when I didn't use just nuggs.

--------------------
Don't I look like I'm serious...

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sterilizing manure - - have you tried it? [Re: Juan_del_Pueblo]
    #5157842 - 01/09/06 10:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Discard the nugs that have white stuff in them? Bleach?

Why and why?

OfflineMisterMyco
Myco-fanatic
Male

#5158232 - 01/09/06 12:30 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

The only reason that I don't sterilize my manure-based substrates is that I feel that the high temperatures can damage the sugars and other nutrients in the substrate. I usually bring water to a boil, fill a cooler with boiling water, toss in a pillowcase of manure and straw, close it up and leave it for about two hours. I'm sure that nothing really survives it, I've just never offically pressure cooked a batch to ensure it was totally "Really" sterile.

--------------------
"I have never, in all my life, not for one moment, been tempted toward religion of any kind. The fact is that I feel no spiritual void. I have my philosophy of life, which does not include any aspect of the supernatural."
Isaac Asimov

OfflineJuan_del_Pueblo
Mr.Papashroom
 User Gallery

Re: Sterilizing manure - - have you tried it? [Re: MisterMyco]
    #5160132 - 01/09/06 09:01 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I just use the Mikey for speed. As for the nuggs with the white stuff, at least the stuff I use, it's usually from other fungus. The bleach is for reg contaminates.

--------------------
Don't I look like I'm serious...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag