Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemadmshroom
Stranger
cakes not pinning..... help!
    #505669 - 12/31/01 03:50 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hi all...... first time on this site. actually just registered about 5 minutes ago. anywho.......
i am currently working with some pr cubes. i'm using the cake method and am not having any problems with contams during the colonization at all. but when i birth the cakes nothing happens. out of the 10 cakes i birthed only 1 is showing any pinning (3 pins) and it hasn't changed in a couple of weeks now.

the temp is around 72* in my terr. and i'm using an u.s. humidifier. the cakes are a 3/4 dark rye-1/4 brown rice. maybe air exchange, & humidity is an issue. i've just started with air exchange and i am having problems with humidity. i've used 4 bottles on the hum. and it is still reading 100% humidity, but condensation is not forming everywhere so i don't know whats up!

give me some help everyone!!!!!!!!!
also, what strain(s) of p.cubes gives the best visuals, i'm hearing bad things about my pr's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: cakes not pinning..... help! [Re: madmshroom]
    #505707 - 12/31/01 07:50 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

the fact that you're growing puertos is prolly why you aren't seeing pins yet. i've heard from several growers at mycotopia's forum that puertos are very difficult to get pinning.
at this point, i'd suggest dunking the cakes to rehydrate them, that might shock them into action.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: cakes not pinning..... help! [Re: Hippie3]
    #505798 - 12/31/01 11:26 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I always dunk. The one cake I havent dunked took 2x as long to pin, and gave me only like 20% of the pins the other cakes did

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Anonymous

Re: cakes not pinning..... help! [Re: razer]
    #505817 - 12/31/01 11:56 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Try casing with some damp verm. If that don't work, try another strain.

And on another note, hey Hippie, you baldheaded old fart! How the hell are you? It's good to see you posting some helpful info here again...I hope you had a good christmas!

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: cakes not pinning..... help! [Re: razer]
    #505833 - 12/31/01 12:13 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I am about to dunk a couple cakes for the first time. With the info i have gotten from many of you experienced growers, im ready to try dunking. but why doesnt any TEK stres sdunking? It sounds like it wouldnt be a good idea, the fact that your cakes soak for around 24 hours. that wouldnt make the cake soggy or brittle? Also Im having trouble knowing when exactly my flush is finished, my cakes produce more pins daily, they have just slowed dramaticly. should Ii clean them of aborts and pins and just dunk them?

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: cakes not pinning..... help! [Re: pleezr]
    #505861 - 12/31/01 12:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't grown from cakes in years, but when i did, I would inject cakes with H2O DURING flushes and dunk BETWEEN. The mycelium network binds the cake together nicely, and your cake won't get soggy from dunking, until later in its life(when the mycelium isn't as strong).

The flush concept can be confusing to understand(it was in the beginning for me). If you have new pins forming every day, you are never going to have a true flush. With a true flush you will first initiate pinning. Then you will tell these pins to continue growing to maturity(without the formation of more pins). This process is your flush. Then you do the same thing for your next flush...

Oq

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Re: cakes not pinning..... help! [Re: ]
    #506072 - 12/31/01 05:11 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hi max.
my xmas rocked,
how about yours ?
have a happy new year!

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinemadmshroom
Stranger
Re: cakes not pinning..... help! [Re: Hippie3]
    #507097 - 01/01/02 09:28 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

how long should i dunk the cakes?

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Re: cakes not pinning..... help! [Re: madmshroom]
    #507462 - 01/02/02 07:39 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

from 12-24 hours is optimum.
the reason you won't find dunking mentioned in any teks [yet] is because it's pretty new, only being widely used now for about 10 months. the teks were written before then.
but we have tons of info, testimonials, and pics of dunking success stored in the archives at mycotopia,
come browse around.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder