Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineready2go
Eternal

Loc: Up the street and around ...
psyclobin extraction A+
    #5051284 - 12/12/05 06:28 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Man oh man. loved it. last week i made a alcohol extraction of 14g dry mushies. I used a hot water bath, with stirer for 6 hrs. the result was a redish purple crystal like residue. it waied @ 3g. broke them into 7 pills. took one pill on sat am... mad fast visuals and the best thing is that it ony lasted 3.5 hrs with no drawn out dragged down feeling when it was all said and done.
Definatly the way to go .. it may have taken some time but i enjoyed the experiment and plan on doing it again real soon.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMystic_Rain_Man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: psyclobin extraction A+ [Re: ready2go]
    #5051301 - 12/12/05 06:46 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Don't really see the need for an extraction with mushrooms... But whatever makes you happy...

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: psyclobin extraction A+ [Re: Mystic_Rain_Man]
    #5051318 - 12/12/05 07:03 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You can't just eat the mofos? They taste fine to me.

--------------------

Offlineready2go
Eternal

Re: psyclobin extraction A+ [Re: matchbook]
    #5052735 - 12/12/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Not so much that I cant but id rather not. And for the most part when i eat them i usually get bad cramps for a hr or two during the trip. But like tea, this method left me with no cramps at all.
Mainly I really like the fact that it came on extremely fast to the peak and then when it was gone, only a few hrs, it was gone.
I've been doing psychedelics for many many yrs, and often times i just wont because I'm not ready for a all nighter. 6-12 hrs depending on the substance. Its very nice to have the time limited to 3-hrs.

--------------------

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
    #5052925 - 12/12/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Can I see your tek in detail? I would definetly be interested.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineWronguy
    #5053092 - 12/12/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ready2go said:
Not so much that I cant but id rather not.  And for the most part when i eat them i usually get bad cramps for a hr or two during the trip.  But like tea, this method left me with no cramps at all.
Mainly I really like the fact that it came on extremely fast to the peak and then when it was gone, only a few hrs, it was gone. 
I've been doing psychedelics for many many yrs, and often times i just wont because I'm not ready for a all nighter.  6-12 hrs depending on the substance.  Its very nice to have the time limited to 3-hrs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, so it sounds like you were able to completely eliminate the up and down periods and go straight into the peak. Is that right? It does sound very interesting. I definitely like the limit, which will certainly vary from person to person, being only a few hours.

The next experiment you have to do for us is taking a second pill into the trip of the first one. Does this extend the trip, intensify it, or both. And for how long?

Please provide some more details on the tek.  :smile:

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
Re: psyclobin extraction A+ [Re: Wronguy]
    #5053589 - 12/12/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Can I see your tek in detail? I would definetly be interested.

Yes, please

Offlineready2go
Eternal

Re: psyclobin extraction A+ [Re: Gratos]
    #5057484 - 12/13/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

In response to those that wanted a TEC to my extraction I?ll do the best I can:

R2G Psilocybin/ Psilocin Alcohol Extraction

Supplies:
Cracker Dry Psilocybin source (i.e. Cakes, Shrooms, LC Myc)
190 Proof Alcohol (Pure Grain)
2- 500 ml Pyrex beakers
Coffee Filters
Hot Water Bath *
Electric Stirrer **

* Pot with water in it and a few rags on the bottom to keep your container
from coming in direct contact with the pot.
**Something to make the mixture constantly in motion. I rigged up a old CPU fan motor and a coat hanger to make mine.
*** Ideally you would use a hotplate with magnetic stirrer in place of the HW bath and the electric stirrer.

14 grams of cracker dry Shrooms (in this case P.Cubensis) were pulverized into a powder using a coffee grinder. This powder is added to one of the 500ml beakers along with 200 ml of alcohol.

Using the electric stirrer and the HW bath, the mixture was heated to about 175 deg and allowed to mix for 3hrs. It?s important to keep an eye on the temp. for a number of reasons. (1) Alcohol boils at a much lower temp than water. Boil over can occur very rapidly. (2) Evaporation rate must be watched, you don?t want the mixture to dry out. (3)As a precaution. As I understand it, it may be possible to have a chemical breakdown of salts at temps above 200 deg. I could be wrong, but better safe than sorry. I had to add about 50 ml to the solution at 2hrs into my first extraction.

This solution is then filtered through two coffee filters while liquid is hot. Keep the Fluid in the remaining 500ml beaker. Put the sludge back into your first beaker and add another 200ml of alcohol and repeat the HW bath process for only 2 hrs this round. Again strain the mixture keeping the liquid with the first extract. One last time return the sludge to your first beaker and do a third HW bath for only 1 hr with only 100ml of alcohol. Straining and saving the liquid you can now throw out the sludge.

When the HW bath extraction is complete I was left with about 350ml of Highly active alcohol extract. Take your extract and place it back into a HW bath to help evaporate the alcohol. In @ 2.5 hrs I was left with just under 50 ml of a thick reddish liquid sludge. At this time you can?t really use the HAW bath to do a final evaporation due to the large amounts of steam produced.

To complete the evaporation, I warmed the oven to 200deg and placed my beaker in the oven on a baking stone for another 2 hrs. This left me with a hard red substance that easily flaked up and scraped off the inside of the beaker. Final dry weight was 3 grams, I evenly divided it into 7 capsules just over 400mg each.

This is how I did my extraction but there are many variations that could have been applied to help purify the extract.
1- A pre-wash of a petroleum base (ie chloroform, acetone)could be used to remove some impurities
2- Use of an ice bath after 3rd extraction would/ should have produced a crystal precept that could be cold filtered and preserved.
But I never went that far into it, just far enough to get excited and I?m sure that I will use more steps to create a purer extraction.

To recap my experience.

I took 1 capsule at @ 11:30am, dumping the dust on my tongue and chasing it with a soda. I did NOT ingest the gel-cap. The taste was that of mushrooms but it didn?t linger. 2 sec after the soda you taste nothing. By noon I was feeling pretty nice, great visuals and no cramps. I usually cramp up a lot and get a lot of gas but in this case I had no cramps and the gas was minimal. The trip stayed with me but only for like 3 ? hrs or so. By the time I had to go somewhere at 4:30- 5PM I had no after effects and felt very energized. No dragged out feeling at all. Defiantly a good way to trip. Takes time to make but it takes a while to grow so??.
Hope that?s what you guys wanted
ready

--------------------

Offlinedonvliet
beyond reality

#5058162 - 12/13/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Were there differences between this trip and a "normal" shroom trip? I mean apart from the shorter duration obviously.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #5058424 - 12/13/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm going to give this a try and report back...I know several people who would shroom if not for the severe nausea they get each time.

Unfortunately I won't be able to give it a go for another month or so. I'll bump this thread if it disapears when I do.

OfflineOneWhoHasSeen
Temporal Anomaly
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: psyclobin extraction A+ [Re: donvliet]
    #5058431 - 12/13/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

This is great. My step-mother always gets horribly sick a few hours after the shroom trip is over. We think it is the mushroom itself, and not the chemical.

One question, did you get just as much nausea on this trip that you would on a normal shroom trip?

--------------------
A Temporal Anomaly

Offlineready2go
Eternal

Re: psyclobin extraction A+ [Re: OneWhoHasSeen]
    #5058624 - 12/13/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

The trip was just a nice shroom trip and yes the nausea is virtualy non existant.....
I don't get "nausea" when i eat them but i do get bad cramps... HAD NO cramps.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #5058663 - 12/13/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yah, my mother-in-law (OneWhoHasSeen's stepmother) has TERRIBLE gas and cramp pains after tripping! As soon as she starts coming down, it starts, lots of vomiting/loose shits too. I feel so bad for her because she LOVES tripping but can't deal with the physical symptoms.

I'm hoping a psilocybin extraction will give her a chance to trip again without having to worry about gas pains/cramps/stomach issues.

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: psyclobin extraction A+ [Re: MOTH]
    #5059032 - 12/13/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I am with you EllemyshShade. My girlfriend and I used to trip together all the time. The last few times, her come-down, she got sick and vomited violently. It has been consistent with her last few trips. I feel really bad that this happens to her because she loves the mush, but cant touch them anymore.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

Offlinethe_alchemist
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: psilocybin extraction A+ [Re: ready2go]
    #10485285 - 06/10/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

definitely a must try 4 the pas 2 years been very interested in psilocybin extraction in erowid came upon studies apparently showing aquas and acid -could be citric or lemon juice- extraction works Even better than alcohol but... harder to evaporate plus i bet u can Even snort that extraction powder and have an onset and plateau more quick more intense...feel free to criticise or improve anything i may have posted incorrectly

--------------------
experiment_and free your mind

Offlinethe_alchemist
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#10485292 - 06/10/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

p.s. u should think turning this in to a tek to be archived in teks section

--------------------
experiment_and free your mind

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale