Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5041178 - 12/09/05 08:08 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Alright well I think I'm gonna take 90mLs. That's three times the suggested daily intake of vitamin C.

I'll probably take it in an hour and 20 minutes I'm thinking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5041360 - 12/09/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Alright guys I just took 90mLs of the BC concentrate.

I'm gonna eat the mushrooms in about 55 minutes.

Offlineshroomed
Stranger
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5041849 - 12/09/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Just curious, but does anyone think this would work with lsd?

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: shroomed]
    #5042440 - 12/10/05 12:44 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm pretty sure MAOIs and LSD cancel each other out.

But yeah, it didn't work too well.

The hallucinations weren't as clear as when I did an eighth of these mushrooms. I'm feeling pretty cold right now... but maybe I'll post more tomorrow.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: infinitedot]
    #5043245 - 12/10/05 08:43 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for that impressive report shneck.

"This time it was like never before. I was swept, trampled, smashed and humiliated. I am terrified with a thought that I could take 2 cups at once. That was a real near and beyond death experience, both spiritually and physically."

You are the second person to speak like that about a trip with BC juice...out of 2 who have tested it by now.

It's a pity that using Aurorix. It's good that you had tested Aurorix with lemon juice before too, so that you can compare. It's good that you used real black currants juice from fresh BCs too. You say you ate 200-250gr. of black currants + 1 cup of Ribena, which is pretty close to the 275ml. suggested in the patent.

Good work. :thumbup::thumbup:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: infinitedot]
    #5043683 - 12/10/05 11:09 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well I don't know.

Maybe I should have taken more BC juice. I was hesitant because I don't know if you can have an adverse reaction to taking too much vitamin C or what.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5044550 - 12/10/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

No worries, at least you tried Heavytoilet. :thumbup:

The old pharmacological saying applies here: Everything is toxic. At the right dose.

I also think maybe you should have drank more juice, but now we have got another interesting data too: 90ml. of Ribena Original might not be enough to induce the desired effects.

Pauling, winner of 2 Nobel prizes, chemistry and peace, himself reportedly took at least 12,000 mg daily and raised the amount to 40,000 mg if symptoms of a cold appear. That's 80-200 times the recommended dayly amount of Vitamin C.

Everybody criticized because of his hypervitaminosis proposal as an aid to fight cancer. Recently it has been proved that Vitamin C stops cancer development.

Anyway, more tests are needed to deduce any valid conclusions.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#5044563 - 12/10/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Alright, well next time I'll maybe just drink the last 410mLs.

Although, if it takes a bottle and a half of this stuff to double the effects, it wouldn't be cost worthy for me to do so. Since a bottle and a half would cost about 10 or 11 bucks (not to mention the cost of mushrooms), and I can get an eighth for $10.

And one of the reasons that I didn't do more, was someone in the Shroomery irc chat said I'd get terrible diarrhea if I took 4 times the daily amount of vitamin C. I guess they had no idea what they were talking about.

Edited by HeavyToilet (12/10/05 02:32 PM)

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
    #5044832 - 12/10/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

"Vitamin C is water soluble and is regularly excreted by the body. Therefore, toxicity is very rare. Amounts greater than 2,000 mg/day, however, are not recommended because such high doses can lead to stomach upset and diarrhea."
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002404.htm

In 275 ml. of the recommended pure BC juice to drink there are 550 mg. of Vitamin C, so it's safe.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
    #5044867 - 12/10/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

About the potentiation, though it's hard to say, Shneck estimates a total potency of 6X-10X, which agrees with the previous incubaby's estimate. Way more than just a 2X. Anyway, in my opinion, though it looks promising, no serious conclusions can be drawn yet.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #5045640 - 12/10/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

hmmmm... im begining to wonder if BC ALONE isnt powerful enough to make a huge difference but that becomes exponential when you mix two potentiators

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #5051971 - 12/12/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Underhillmaster said:
BC juice will be acidic enough to start the psylocybin conversion process.  I experimented with cranberry juice for a year before discovering lemon juice.  Cranberry's ph is a bit over 3, so not as acidic as BC.  Since BC juice may be hard to come by in some places in the states, we need to find an online source :smile:

i could probably arrange for some 100% bc juice (just pressed juce from the berries with the gink still in it.. its manifactured here in my country, same as pure apple juice, i think its ecological and free from preservatives.

its sold in one litre pacs, but i would have to check prices and such (i seem to remember thta they are quite pricey (like around threeor four dollars). it also depends on how much people will be wanting. if many peopel want it... i suppose i could buy directly from the suplier, and get a better price.

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

Edited by Mindzpore (12/12/05 11:48 AM)

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: Mindzpore]
    #5052899 - 12/12/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well thats about what i payed here...
and it was 37%, id be willing to go in on it, maybe we could organize a group buy, where exacly is your country?
the only thing im worried about is shipping

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: incubaby_421]
    #5055911 - 12/13/05 03:03 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i live in scandinavia, but yesterday i checked the store where i used to buy the stuff (two - three years ago) and i coulndt find it.

i will check a few other shops, or even contact the manifacturer (if there is enough interest).

it might even be possible to get hold of a concentrated version (pure juice that has been concentrated - ie. more than 100%) allthough im not sure how the concentration process would affect the compounds we are interested in.

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: Mindzpore]
    #5056200 - 12/13/05 07:22 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i dont know, and i wouldnt, dot... would you care to enlightne us juicemaster?

word has come down that i will be once agian voyaging to the outer limits of azwethinkweiz this weekend...

i will try out just BC juice this time, we'll see how that goes

though it might not be till next weekend becuase ive been itching to drop this acid... well see how it works out

--------------------

OfflineDenverMax
Revolutionary
 User Gallery

#5057234 - 12/13/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

InfiniteDot - BITCHING AVATAR!

Alex Grey kicks much ass....

visit alexgrey.com

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: DenverMax]
    #5065732 - 12/15/05 03:17 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i will test frozen bc berries as ayahuasca analoug to find out its maoi potensial. how much berries is suggested for full mao inhabitation? i will use mhrb as dmt analoug. while mushroom (with or without lemon) will have effect, mhrb will not if not a maoi is present, agreed?

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: shamantra]
    #5067482 - 12/15/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

mindzpore and incubaby - pure juice from fresh berries is going to preserve the nutrients, concentration is an industrial process, though the original content should be there, only in a different concentration, obviously.

shamantra: I don't know how mhrb precisely works, sorry.

The abstract of the patent reads:
http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?IDX=EP0531155

"The use of an effective monoamine oxidase-inhibitory amount or portion of black currant juice (Ribes nigrum L.) or concentrate or dry extract thereof to activate the brain and central nervous system, in a living animal, especially a human being, in need thereof, and thereby to increase the general cerebral performance, especially in healthy and elderly people, and for the prevention, treatment, and alleviation of neurodegenerative diseases associated with reduced cerebral performance, such as Parkinson's disease, dementia, and mood disorders."

"it was demonstrated that black currant juice and concentrates and dry extracts thereof are characterized by MAO-inhibiting and cerebro-activating effects. According to these properties, black currant juice has the characteristic of enhancing cerebral performance in healthy and elderly people, and in patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases, especially since it is believed that MAO-B inhibitors can halt the progression of such diseases, e.g., Parkinson's disease, for example, by preventing further degeneration of dopaminergic neurons.For details, inter alia, see SCRIP, May 1989, "Recent Trends in Research and the Treatment of Parkinson's Disease" by Professor William Armstrong (PJB Publications Ltd), cover sheet plus pages 58-61 and 63-67, in support of this relationship and the nexus between MAO-B inhibitory activity of a compound and its utility in the alleviation of neurodegenerative diseases associated with reduced cerebral performance."

"The diluent or carrier may be adapted for the particular type of composition, which may, for example, be a tablet, a coated tablet, a syrup, a tonic, or a drink mix.The amount of black currant juice, concentrate, or dry extract present or employed is conveniently between 10 mg and 10 g per unit dosage form, preferably between 100 mg and 5 g per unit dosage form, and the black currant juice, concentrate, or dry extract is conveniently administered in an amount between 100 mg and 50 g per day, preferably in an amount between 100 mg and 50 g per day, preferably between 1 and 20 grams per day. The black currant juice is advantageously present in the form of an at least 2-fold concentrate thereof, preferably a 4-fold to 8-fold concentrate thereof, and most especially an approximately 5.5-fold concentrate thereof, or in the form of a dry extract thereof."

Result in humans:

MAO type B activity is inhibited in all three subjects with dependency upon dosage and time.

Maximum inhibition is obtained 60 minutes after application, and is between 70 and 90% at optimum dosage of 20 grams. This result was confirmed by 92% inhibition in the controlled test as specified under Test 5, using 50 g juice concentrate.

"The juice of black currant according to the invention can be used as such but is preferably employed in the form of an aqueous concentrate thereof. Any concentration is advantageous, and a concentration of at least twofold, preferably between about fourfold and eightfold, is preferred, with a concentration of about 5.5 fold being especially convenient and preferred. Also preferred is an extract, i.e., a dry extract thereof, such as is readily obtained by lyophilization, spray drying, or forcing the juice under pressure through a cannula, syringe, or venturi. By addition of suitable diluents to the juice, concentrate, or to the dry extract, readily-flowable fluids are obtained."

Quantities in the patent that confirmed the MAOI effect range from 20-50 gr of 5.5 concentrate = 110-275 gr. of pure juice. That's the amount to drink.

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: infinitedot]
    #5067701 - 12/15/05 03:31 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i will make juice from 500g berries to be sure. mhrb (mimosa hostilis rootbark) contains dmt and is only orally active together with a maoi.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: shamantra]
    #5068089 - 12/15/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i dont beleive i can get fresh berries, i lookes and looked and im hoping tops still has some or got more becuase there was only one bottle left after i bought mine,
i plan on juice, the same as before, it is looking like next weekend though becuase my gf wants to eat the l this weekend, and ive been itching to anyways, i am going to look at a health food store in a nearby town this weekend to see if they have any other sorts of juice that are a higher percentage, as always, i will be sure to keep you posted

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag