Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Art Gallery vs. Museum
    #5051945 - 12/12/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Christmas holidays are upon me now, and aside from an exam I have on Thursday, I dont have any class to dealw with untill Janurary 9th.

After christmas, I'm planning on doing a solo-day trip on LSD, and just tossing around the idea of either going to the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), or the Royal Museum of Ontario (ROM) for a large portion of the trip - having my mp3 player on hand of course.

Just debating the pros and cons of both, and just wondering if anyone else has spent an afternoon tripping in such an enviroment.

The AGO - I have never been before, so it's all 100% new to me. Being an art gallery, it'll generally be on the more pure 'visual' nature of it, and not much need to read - can just sit down infront of paintings/art and enjoy.

However, I'm not sure how 'big' the AGO is, and how much of my day I could actually spend there.

On the other hand, the ROM - I havent been there in years, so I'm sure it'll be quite different then my last time being there about, 8 years ago. The place is MASSIVE, so I could easily spend an entire day there and not see all of it. It'd make it easy to spend most, if not all of my trip wandering around there.

On the downside, there tends to be more 'reading' involved when looking at the galeries/exhibits, still a strong visual nature to it all around, but to get the most out of it - you really need to read the descriptions of the exhibits.

Also, a few portions of the ROM are closed that I'd like to see - but, still think all around, it may be the more enjoyable day.

*ponder*

Mostly leaning towards the ROM, also due to the size - there is less density of people around.

I think the ROM would also provide a nice enviroment just for some sitting and thinking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChikitta
Re: Art Gallery vs. Museum [Re: kaniz]
    #5051954 - 12/12/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Get over to the museum man.

Bit more work on your part (reading stuff) but it'll be more enjoyable than a crowded gallery. No need to read half of the exhibit descriptions anyway - just see what your mind makes of it all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order