Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten
    #4980581 - 11/25/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Oakland liquor stores under siege
Police say Black Muslims may have warned business owners not to sell alcohol to African Americans
By Cecily Burt, STAFF WRITER

OAKLAND — Abdul Saleh has just one question for the men — suspected by authorities to be Black Muslims — who trashed his corner store late Wednesday, terrorizing his 17-year-old son and another clerk and causing thousands of dollars in damage.
Why?

"I don't know why they tried to destroy my life," said Saleh, who has owned San Pablo Market and Liquor in West Oakland since 1986. "We came here for a better living, not to make war with anybody."

About a dozen African-American men wearing suits, white-collared shirts and bow ties — a trademark of the Nation of Islam — entered the store on San Pablo Avenue and West Street about 11:30 p.m.

One went behind the counter and swept dozens of shelved liquor bottles to the floor. Others smashed glass refrigerator doors with long, slim metal pipes, breaking beer and wine bottles inside the cases. The whole incident from start to finish was caught on surveillance tape.

The men warned the store clerks to stop selling alcohol to African Americans, but they also knocked over display racks containing bread and other food items. Then, almost as quickly as they arrived, they all filed out and headed to another West Oakland liquor store, New York Market at Market and 35th streets, where they did the same thing.

Although the men did not identify themselves as Black Muslims or members of the Nation of Islam, police suspect that's who was behind the attacks, based on the attackers' attire.

"There was no warning. They never came in before," Saleh said Thursday morning.

He had cleaned up the broken glass, but a pool of liquid still dripped from inside the taped-up refrigerator cases, and the entire floor inside the bright corner store was sticky.

The storage area was filled with bins of broken beer, wine and liquor bottles. Milk crates filled with champagne and small bottles of Remy Martin and Hennessey cognac were on the floor waiting for someone to rinse them off and make sure they weren't broken.

The expense was large, but that was not on Saleh's mind.

"My son was here," Saleh said. "He was scared. When he called me, he could not even speak.

"It makes me nervous. It's scary. They say, 'We will be back.' If the city of Oakland can't protect us, or a security guard, what can they do with 12 or 13 people? I'm worried for my employees. I'm worried for my son's safety and my own safety. I am supporting two families from this place, 30 people."

At New York Market, a busy corner store that offers fortified beer and wine but no hard liquor, the owner, Tony, who just took control of the store three months ago and did not want to use his last name, said the group was targeting alcohol when it should be after drugs.

"Before they talk about alcohol, they should talk about all the drugs and heroin on the street," he said.
His cousin was minding the store when the men came in at 11:40 p.m. At one point, his cousin reached for a shotgun behind the counter, but the men took it away from him, Tony said.

"I'm not worried. Let them come back," he said. "I'm not chokin' nobody, telling them to buy alcohol."

He might not be worried, but other market owners are.

One owner, who did not want to be identified for fear of reprisal, said he was scared, and he compared what happened to a terrorist attack.

"It's worse than al-Qaida," he said. "They run into people's stores like that, anything can happen. Somebody is going to get hurt. When that happens, you don't know what your reaction is going to be. It's like somebody running into your house.

"We have to protect ourselves by any means necessary. If the police don't protect us, who will help us? They could do that to every store."

Representatives from Oakland's Black Muslim community did not return a phone call about the incident.

Oakland's Deputy Chief Howard Jordan said police are very concerned and have ordered extra patrols in the area to try to protect the stores.

Jordan said they are investigating the incidents as hate crimes because most of the stores are owned and operated by Arabs or Arab Americans, and the suspects are telling them not to sell liquor to African Americans.

"It's vandalism and terrorism," he said. "We're characterizing it as a hate crime and actively pursuing all leads."

Jordan said the department is concerned about how widespread the attacks could become, especially with the large number of liquor stores in East and West Oakland, most located within African-American communities. The suspects did not attempt to hide their identities.

"We don't know if more are planned or this was an isolated incident," Jordan said. "We are looking at all the possibilities. If there are any trends, our intelligence units will track it nationwide."

He said he also is worried about people getting hurt or killed in an attempt to protect themselves and their property.

"We're not going to tell (the store owners) to arm themselves, but if it happens, it's a big concern," Jordan said. "We could have victims all over Oakland."

Anyone with information about the attacks is asked to call police at (510) 238-3426 or (510) 238-6946. A reward of up to $2,000 is being offered in each case.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/localnews/ci_3250665

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: Los_Pepes]
    #4980702 - 11/25/05 05:11 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Too bad theres nothing in that article about baby eaters.

Which is too bad really, because I wanted to read about my fellow baby connoisseurs. I like my babies lightly broiled with a sprinkle of thyme.

mmmmm baby

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #4980897 - 11/25/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

No..you're wrong Pepes. The International Terrorist Institutions bring PC's with Internet Service to Hospitals and let the new borns cry about the wrongfulness of God and Country.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: psiclops]
    #4980981 - 11/25/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

MMMMMMMM, babies, the other white meat. After all that turkey I could use a change.

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #4981035 - 11/25/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have to throw in a reference to the original baby eater. In 1729, Jonathan Swift wrote the definite guide to baby eating. It is a scream and if you have never read it you should check it out. A timeless classic.

A Modest Proposal

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: JesusChrist]
    #4981063 - 11/25/05 07:07 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

My favorite line by Swift:

I grant this food will be somewhat dear, and therefore very proper for landlords, who, as they have already devoured most of the parents, seem to have the best title to the children.

I loved that essay. Written by an Irishman no doubt.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: Los_Pepes]
    #4981094 - 11/25/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I never understood why Muslims eat babies. I guess it's part of their culture

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

Offlinelwm
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: Unagipie]
    #4981156 - 11/25/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I just think it's funny how the muslims have to outlaw everything. Like they have not one ounce of self-control. And that skipping lunch (even when a succulent infant is on order) crap as a supreme act of contrition: well that's just fucking pathetic. I don't want to be stuck fighting theses primitives for another 150 years. I say we commit the ultimate blasphemy against mohammad and his moon-god allah to whip them into a world-wide frenzy and nuke the fuckers off the pages of history and be done with it. next in line: the christians and the jews and the Hindus. start warming up the ovens for all of them (babies 1st of course), Well that's my first few days as emperor of earth, wadda ya think?

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: lwm]
    #4982554 - 11/26/05 09:28 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

since when does a black man wearing a suit and bow-tie, speaking against alcohol mean he is a Muslim?

oh wait.. heh nevermind.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

#4982593 - 11/26/05 09:46 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'm with you. It's time the world unites against these baby eating terrorist scum.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #4982665 - 11/26/05 10:13 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I say we commit the ultimate blasphemy against mohammad and his moon-god allah to whip them into a world-wide frenzy and nuke the fuckers off the pages of history and be done with it. next in line: the christians and the jews and the Hindus

Sounds like a good time to be a Buddhist..

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: Rono]
    #4982734 - 11/26/05 10:38 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

They'll come for the Buddhists eventually  :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4988812 - 11/28/05 03:35 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
MMMMMMMM, babies, the other white meat. After all that turkey I could use a change.

Sounds very tasty right about now.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinelwm
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Muslim Jihad in California, heads cut off, babies eaten [Re: Unagipie]
    #5049666 - 12/11/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I've cum for a few buddists in my time. Kinda like them although they tend to be a bit smart-assed. They get to run the ovens while I'm humping a Thai beauty or three.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates