Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
I just got a very strange email
    #504676 - 12/30/01 08:31 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I just got an email from someone who said they read some of my posts in the mushroom hunting forum, and said that they live in my area. This person asked me if I know where to get shrooms around here. The thing that really bothers me about this is that they didn't PM me from this site, I got the email at a mail address that I don't have listed in my personal info, and I don't give out this mail box to anybody, I only use it for certain things. Has this ever happened to anyone else here? If it has, please let me know, if it hasn't I want to give you a heads up in case it ever does. I'm going to post this message in a few other forums because I think it's important, so if you see it somewhere else, I'm not double posting, I'm just concerned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSumGuy
addict

Re: I just got a very strange email [Re: superpimp]
    #504677 - 12/30/01 08:35 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

why are you concerned? is it because you sell mushrooms?

--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: I just got a very strange email [Re: SumGuy]
    #504686 - 12/30/01 08:50 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I don't sell mushrooms, the point is, how the fuck did they get my email address?

OfflineNecron99
Protect youreyes from flyingsugar!

Loc: SATx
    #504691 - 12/30/01 08:59 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like a narc to me.....

--------------------

"Puny earthlings do not yet know the meaning of the word suffering!!"

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
    #504695 - 12/30/01 09:13 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

C'mon. . . you have a far greater intellect than to assume that someone else would know how this person got your email address.

There has to be some time when you disclosed your email address outside of this board (or within it) to the extent where someone put one plus one together.

To put it a different way. . . . When somebody calls Gateway tech support and says, "How did I lose all the information on my hard drive?" The tech wouldn't be rude in responding, "Ma'am, you probably knew that answer before you called me."

I'm guessing the only person who has the answer is you.

I'm not flaming you. . .I'm only stating what I see is a glaring, "Um, duh!"

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

Offlinestraightbangin
Re: I just got a very strange email [Re: ChangLee]
    #504703 - 12/30/01 09:34 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I'd reply to the message like this:

i don't know where to get them dude, sorry. by the way...who gave you my e-mail address. Wondering who may be giving out false info that i have shrooms, would like to set that person straight so nobody else is asking me for them.

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: I just got a very strange email [Re: ChangLee]
    #504768 - 12/30/01 11:59 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Not this Email address, I never use it, I don't give it to anyone, I almost never even check it, it is a corporate address from a job I used to have, and I would never have wanted people PMing me drug shit there. I just happened to check that place this morning, because sometimes people I used to work with send me stuff because they work in different offices and don't even know I don't work there any more. The message came in last week. I don't even know how they could have found it by doing a search on me, because believe it or not, Superpimp is not my legal name.

OfflineLordPeter
    #504794 - 12/30/01 12:48 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I would just ignore the message and not reply. Then they don't even know if you got it (unless they read this post;)

OfflineTao_Shin_Li
    #504900 - 12/30/01 02:28 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe it is your ex girlfriend and she is trying to set you up...Would she know the email?

Anonymous

#504945 - 12/30/01 03:02 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Find out if the individual is the preferred sex, then hook up with him/her and ball the hell out em.

Leaf

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #504993 - 12/30/01 03:41 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You say that the email is from a corporate address where you used to work?

Is there any chance that you ever surfed the Shroomery from work (when you were there)? - Thats the first thing that strikes me as likely. They could off found your cookies, or worse yet they may off had a key stroke logger program installed.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: I just got a very strange email [Re: Jammer]
    #505015 - 12/30/01 04:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Jammer, you may be right, I used to waste hours and hours of quality work time reading posts here, but I never posted or replied to any messages at work, since I knew that any mail I sent or recieved would be monitored by the company.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #505038 - 12/30/01 04:19 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

BINGO!

Now I'm sure off it. Stasticly speaking over 80% of mid to large size business's polled freely admited to montoring there employee's surfing. That explains everything. If they dont like you they might be working with the law.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #505061 - 12/30/01 04:41 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If it was me, and I was truely concerned, I would stay on the down low and ignore it...I would not post on every board my paranoia and vulnerability to this unknown fungus seeker......You will not be thrown into a Mexican jail, extradited and forced to serve multiple term in maximum security facilities unless you crack......Remember rule #1 Paranoia self destroy Ya.....................

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: I just got a very strange email [Re: egolesss]
    #505179 - 12/30/01 07:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I definatly wouldn't respond to it, just ignore it and try to keep the surfing and posting on forums on the downlow, meaning don't do it! they could easily monitor the websites you visit.

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: I just got a very strange email [Re: Jammer]
    #505189 - 12/30/01 07:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Its very easy for a worksite to monitor the sites you visit. No cookies or keystroke loggers needed. Not posting won't help you. They just look at the sites you visit, easy as pie.

Don't come here from work unless you're stupid or your boss is a friend of Matt Groenig.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder