Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Fake smiles / photographs [Re: Ped]
    #5055016 - 12/12/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

photography needs to be done candidly.

staring at a traditoinal photo of people faking poses for long enough may lead to seeing shallow, scary, empty things, if on a psychedelic or in the right mind..... the smiles drain your soul to blue like watching a cheap sexual commercial trying to sell you something that is so obviously fake, but that you want to believe in so badly.

candid photography is real. if you are photographing a birthday, just stand aside, see a good moment and SNAP....... if you are taking a group picture, let people do whatever they want, if they want to make funny faces, look somber, look bored, whatever.

generally taking group photographs is better when everyone is drunk, so they actually want to pose and get photographed.

but yes, the fake smiles in our photos is an indiciation of the incredible shallowness that our society clings to in order to escape the fact that life is not all smiles, sports cars, good times, and super models.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Fake smiles / photographs [Re: leery11]
    #5055902 - 12/13/05 02:46 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

It's also interesting to point out that it's the candid photos that people are so interested in viewing. I would say that people are interested in viewing candid photos because they are photos of people behaving naturally, as who they are. When we view people behaving this way, we achieve a sense of closeness with them, and this brings us a vauge sense of relief from the loneliness of our inner isolation from others.

Indeed, candid photos of celebrities are an industry unto themselves. People hunger for these photos because it puts these famous individuals on par with ourselves, and that allows us to feel, at least for a moment, that perhaps we aren't so different from them, and they aren't so different from us. Feeling this closeness is understandbly quite attractive, especially when we consider how little closeness we feel to those around us in general.

Amazing, isn't it? We are surrounded by billions of people just like us, and yet we feel completely estranged.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order