Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
The Answer is...
    #5018452 - 12/05/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

... There is no answer. Endless possibilities. What is true within this planet may not apply elsewhere (is all life carbon-based? Who knows). Knowledge is stupid, I choose most probable current conclusion... which leaves everything open. Everything is possible, and everything is impossible. Depending on how you look at it. This is my philosophy and it makes me very happy! I developed it when I was about 14 years old and it has continued to fortify, I think the key is to think up you're own conclusion... that's contentment. Relish in the mystery, there's a reason it's there... purpose of wonder... at the core of me is "Why" and I am so delightfully overjoyous that it has not yet receieved any consummation... what's the fun in 'knowing?'

I prepare for a long life of wondering...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Answer is... [Re: Herbus]
    #5018483 - 12/05/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

does anybody have the right question?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineHerbus

Re: The Answer is... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5018724 - 12/05/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

And if the right question was inquired, would it receive the right answer? Hahaha I love it. Who cares? I do. Do I care enough about it to let the confusion bother me? No, I accept the confusion and its O.K.

--------------------

Offlinerwilber
Schwammel
 User Gallery
    #5018787 - 12/05/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

... There is no answer. Endless possibilities. What is true within this planet may not apply elsewhere (is all life carbon-based? Who knows). Knowledge is stupid, I choose most probable current conclusion... which leaves everything open. Everything is possible, and everything is impossible. Depending on how you look at it. This is my philosophy and it makes me very happy! I developed it when I was about 14 years old and it has continued to fortify, I think the key is to think up you're own conclusion... that's contentment. Relish in the mystery, there's a reason it's there... purpose of wonder... at the core of me is "Why" and I am so delightfully overjoyous that it has not yet receieved any consummation... what's the fun in 'knowing?'

i agree, the riddle behind the riddle is that there isn't a riddle. Its there right in front of you. what's the fun in 'knowing?' becuz as soon as you do you'll forget, its human nature. we've been programmed to lust for life and enjoy. and we will

--------------------

OfflinejustAkid
Member of myCulture

Loc: The Present
    #5019245 - 12/05/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Relish in the mystery, there's a reason it's there... purpose of wonder... at the core of me is "Why" and I am so delightfully overjoyous that it has not yet receieved any consummation... what's the fun in 'knowing?'

Very true. Reflection, wonder and openness are great things. I personally believe that the way of the nihilist is the way in which we can be free to explore from every angle. Free to wonder. Awareness is our joy.

However you said something that I think you should be aware of. "...Purpose of wonder..."

Isn't the purpose of wonder to find the Answer? The Truth. Though I believe truth is a man-made construct, I believe it exists because it is not that which is a belief, though a belief may be true it is not the Truth. The Truth is Reality. Everything that exists right now is the Truth. To know about Reality as it is, is a true idea. To know the Answer.

--------------------
Trust thyself.

Offlinerwilber
Schwammel
 User Gallery
Re: The Answer is... [Re: justAkid]
    #5019319 - 12/05/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

In Greek mythology, Icarus flew too close to the sun

http://thanasis.com/icarus.htm

--------------------

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#5019340 - 12/05/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Herbus said:
... There is no answer. 

Actually, I believe its 42.  :grin:

In my opinion, the question is the answer. 

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Answer is... [Re: rwilber]
    #5019514 - 12/05/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

rwilber said:
... There is no answer. Endless possibilities. What is true within this planet may not apply elsewhere ...

since there is not any question your approach may be going off prematurely (but you got the best tits so it's understandable)

I agree 42

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinerwilber
Schwammel
 User Gallery
Re: The Answer is... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5019521 - 12/05/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

thank you

--------------------

Offlinetomekk
<(O_o)>

Loc: On a road to nowhere
Re: The Answer is... [Re: rwilber]
    #5022574 - 12/06/05 09:52 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If you ask me there is only one truth in this life, and that is that I know  that i know nothing. I'm aware of the irony, which just makes it so much easier to believe.

And if that's true, then we should all be more like kids again, full of wonderment and ignorance. :smile:

--------------------
You got some great dreams, but in order to dream you have to be asleep. When are you going to wake up?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The Answer is... [Re: tomekk]
    #5022581 - 12/06/05 09:53 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

We truly are sure of nothing. So why not play? Good advice. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: The Answer is... [Re: Icelander]
    #5022844 - 12/06/05 10:58 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Are we 'truly' sure of that ???!

(sorry, couldn't resist :wink:)
:heart:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineHerbus

Re: The Answer is... [Re: tomekk]
    #5026710 - 12/07/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tomekk said:
If you ask me there is only one truth in this life, and that is that I know  that i know nothing. I'm aware of the irony, which just makes it so much easier to believe.

And if that's true, then we should all be more like kids again, full of wonderment and ignorance. :smile:

Exactly.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5027837 - 12/07/05 09:59 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

"I do not have The answer, but what I do got, is an answer...!"
-Unknonw :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5029899 - 12/07/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Herbus said:

Sounds very similar to the Buddhist concept of sunyata.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: The Answer is... [Re: Icelander]
    #5029907 - 12/07/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Sounds very similar to Discordianism.

"In the year 1166 B.C., a malcontented hunchbrain by the name of Greyface, got it into his head that the universe was as humorless as he, and he began to teach that play was sinful because it contradicted the ways of Serious Order. "Look at all the order around you," he said. And from that, he deluded honest men to believe that reality was a straightjacket affair and not the happy romance as men had known it.

It is not presently understood why men were so gullible at that particular time, for absolutely no one thought to observe all the disorder around them and conclude just the opposite. But anyway, Greyface and his followers took the game of playing at life more seriously than they took life itself and were known even to destroy other living beings whose ways of life differed from their own.

The unfortunate result of this is that mankind has since been suffering from a psychological and spiritual imbalance. Imbalance causes frustration, and frustration causes fear. And fear makes for a bad trip. Man has been on a bad trip for a long time now.

It is called THE CURSE OF GREYFACE.

Bullshit makes
the flowers grow
& that's beautiful."
-- The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger, 1968

OfflineHerbus

Re: The Answer is... [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5040385 - 12/09/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds very similar to Discordianism.

"In the year 1166 B.C., a malcontented hunchbrain by the name of Greyface, got it into his head that the universe was as humorless as he, and he began to teach that play was sinful because it contradicted the ways of Serious Order. "Look at all the order around you," he said. And from that, he deluded honest men to believe that reality was a straightjacket affair and not the happy romance as men had known it.

It is not presently understood why men were so gullible at that particular time, for absolutely no one thought to observe all the disorder around them and conclude just the opposite. But anyway, Greyface and his followers took the game of playing at life more seriously than they took life itself and were known even to destroy other living beings whose ways of life differed from their own.

The unfortunate result of this is that mankind has since been suffering from a psychological and spiritual imbalance. Imbalance causes frustration, and frustration causes fear. And fear makes for a bad trip. Man has been on a bad trip for a long time now.

It is called THE CURSE OF GREYFACE.

Bullshit makes
the flowers grow
& that's beautiful."
-- The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger, 1968

...Wonderful, hahaha good story! THE CURSE OF GREYFACE. Anytime anyone is having a bad trip I'll tell them this story!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder