Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5033748 - 12/08/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Don't forget the gold that was Germs, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, X, FEAR and more.

Strummers solo work is excellent as well, I thought. The Mescaleros too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society [Re: Cowgold]
    #5033755 - 12/08/05 11:37 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
I don't think art is for or made by fags. not all of it anyway, haha. just that the only thing the counter culture has that seems to be a positive contribution to the rest of society is the art they create. It's beautiful.

There's probably other positive aspects of the counterculture though... enlighten me.

art fags is just what us art fags call each other lol

its all about living with passion, its all about being creative, its all about your hearts longing, about creating and embodying the beauty we all find mundane and take for granted thats around us. Its about comunity and brotherly love.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5033771 - 12/08/05 11:41 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

That's cool, I agree.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #5033781 - 12/08/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
Or generate your own heat, food, electricity, shelter, plastics, computers, medicines, communications, transportation, etc, etc, etc.

of that list, only heat, food, and shelter are absolutely necessary to live. it's all about priorities. if you want to buy into corporate society, then do it. it's not selling your soul or giving in to the man or whatever other bullshit phrases keep getting overused. if someone wants to reject those aspects of society, there's no one stopping them. live your life the way you want, in the context you want. make small changes in your own actions that you would like to see on a larger scale and hope you influence a few people. acid and protest songs won't change the world. but they are fun, so back off  :cool:

Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #5033784 - 12/08/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
Quote:

tomekk said:
Besides, cooperations would be doomed if EVERYBODY stopped working.  :tongue:

So would your life as you know it. Corporations have provided us with so much that we are all going to have a very hard time going back to the basics. Live on streets for a week and let me know how it goes.

Or generate your own heat, food, electricity, shelter, plastics, computers, medicines, communications, transportation, etc, etc, etc.

Let me know when you come up with a solid plan.

the plan is simple, live for the moment, hope in the future, do what you do, live in a comunity where everyone does their things, support each other by offering what you do.  Get what you NEED from others that do what they do.  We are always distancing ourselfs from others, threw transportation, and comunication.

I just say work in your comunity, have unity in your comunity, and support your comunity.  If every one worked for that instead of themselfs life wouldnt be so crazy

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #5033794 - 12/08/05 11:46 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Corporations are here to stay. Don't waste time trying to bring them down. Make them green friendly and fair in all aspects of their business.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #5033798 - 12/08/05 11:47 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
  We are always distancing ourselfs from others, threw transportation, and comunication.

actually they bring us closer together, but yeah it has made things somewhat impersonal by bringing us closer to too many people.  :grin: :thumbup:

Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society [Re: Cowgold]
    #5033805 - 12/08/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
  We are always distancing ourselfs from others, threw transportation, and comunication.

actually they bring us closer together, but yeah it has made things somewhat impersonal by bringing us closer to too many people.  :grin: :thumbup:

thats what i was getting at

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society [Re: Cherk]
    #5033807 - 12/08/05 11:50 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly, you're not going to rid the world of corporations. They have to be influenced to give back after all they've taken. I think we could be lightyears ahead if corporations were decent to the communities and nations on which they were founded instead of sucking up all the resources and funds for their own personal gain.

#5033826 - 12/08/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i agree with that. I was discussing such things last night. Talking about how developers should use geothermal heating and solar energy. But the bottom line developers only care about mony in their pocket. Why would they want to spend an extra 15,000 grand on a home. even if its at the benefit of the world.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #5033872 - 12/08/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

it always comes back to the consumer... the consumer ultimately calls the shots. just know what you're paying for and let your words speak loudly with dead presidents.

The corporations aren't evil but they do represent the evils of men sometimes. Corporations protect their investments and sometimes the right thing isn't profitable. That's why consumers need to make a united effort to make goodwill profitable. Save money when you buy your necessities by buying the offbrand. By not promoting flashy advertising you're telling corporate america that you want real products not bells and whistles. They'll stop schemeing and start providing. This is something Mom and Pop stores do. Simply don't be a sucker, put your money where your mouth is.

Them are US.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society *DELETED* [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #5033914 - 12/08/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society [Re: blink]
    #5033968 - 12/08/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah we were talking about renewable energy last night and why it isn't in any of the parties platforms for this election. Its all about how much money you can make, no matter what the non-monetary expense is.

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society [Re: Gillette]
    #5034010 - 12/08/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

anyone who says "jerry garcia was an idiot"
is just trying to get attention.
most likly who ever wrote that never heard the man speak a word in his life let alone play a note :gd_icon:

--------------------

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: The romanticized notion of being against the mainstream society [Re: blink]
    #5034136 - 12/08/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

blinkidiot said:
Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
It's not my intention to convert anybody. All that I'm interested in is being the change that I want to see in the world.

Living by example can be just as frustrating as hating society.

What's the point in it if nobody's listening?

One's own personal satisfaction?

Do it for yourself first, and then maybe others will follow.

--------------------
µgrammar

Edited by UlcerPentacidis (12/08/05 01:34 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale