Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePSSchoultz
Stranger
Mental health
    #489151 - 12/12/01 07:57 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have a question...I am currently on Celexa and Zyprexa for depression and anxiety. I have always been fascinated with the concept of exploring philosophy and spirituality through the use of hallucinogens. I did shrooms twice before i went on these medications. I was wonderering if it would be safe to shroom again once i "get better" and am no longer on Celexa and Zyprexa. I guess i should ask the same question about weed and salvia (both of which i used to do). I know that shrooms can bring about latent psychological ilness, however would they bring me back to where i am now mentally if i shroomed after having "figured myself out" with the help of these meds?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Mental health [Re: PSSchoultz]
    #489536 - 12/13/01 04:11 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i know people who deal with depression and anxiety and still partake in the sacred mushroom.  if you know you can handle it, then it will be fine.  you're the only one who can answer your question :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: Mental health [Re: geokills]
    #490398 - 12/13/01 09:16 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

>>>you're the only one who can answer your question <<

What kinda weak-ass chinese proverb bullshit answer is that? He wouldn't have asked if he could answer it himself... (not a flame, but I'm high and it just snapped in my mi

In my opinion, I think you should start out with a real low dose, and remind yourself after and before and during just exactly who you are... don't partake on any 5g+ adventures if you don't wanna forget who you are ;-)

Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: Mental health [Re: SherlockDrubu]
    #490470 - 12/13/01 10:10 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i WILL BACK GEO ON THIS, HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION, MENTAL PROBLEMS AREN'T EASILY ATTACKED AND NO ANSWER IS A COMPLETE ONE WHEN DEALING WITH THE MIND...........

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Mental health [Re: SherlockDrubu]
    #490706 - 12/14/01 01:46 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

What kinda weak-ass chinese proverb bullshit answer is that? He wouldn't have asked if he could answer it himself... (not a flame, but I'm high and it just snapped in my mi

well i'm high and a litte tipsy... and that hurt my feelings. at least ego's got my back - now i don't feel so alone ;]

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #496996 - 12/20/01 01:46 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Psilocybin works in the serotonin cites in your brain. Serotonin is what keeps you from being depressed. Another function is that when the receptor cites in the brain are deprived of serotonin-your brain produces a state of mind like you get during REM sleep. So you can have "waking dreams" while you're wide awake... If your brain chemistry is having some problems to begin with...adding ANY drug can really screw things up! Mental health and well-being are more important than tripping! By the way---congrates---on the decision to not trip while taking---prescriptes!

Offlinemushymuncher
journeyman

Loc: u.k
    #497017 - 12/20/01 02:15 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i too sufer from anxiety, but with anxiety,there supose to be a link to depresion,being silly me i have taking ,on top a med
shrooms & smoke ,but not the med your on,I would like to know about them ,like do they work?i found that during the trip
and comming down were the same as usually,but the next day ,after sleep was a total nerve fuck up,i would do it but i wouldnt advise it to anyone else.moreso if you are depressed

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
Re: Mental health [Re: mushymuncher]
    #502311 - 12/27/01 10:41 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

All anti-anxiety meds work... it's just that they work differently inside different people... what works for one person may not work for you... the only safe thing is to talk to your doctor... I agree---shrooms / smoke / depresssion / and anxiety ... bad idea...

"...and the white rabbit said, "Hand me the butter before the blue monkey starts to.,.,.,,<>,./,.,.,/,<><>?"

...Tannis

OfflineEndlessJourney
Crazy Man In TheCorner
Loc: Parkwood in Far Northeast...
    #502732 - 12/27/01 08:40 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I dont know if this will help you but when I used to take ritalin ( to speed me up) Pot would cause weird visions, not like a halucination, but like seeing the world as though it as all an animated cartoon.
I never dared to trip with any ritalin in my system...

I guess that an anti depressant would make you less likely to have a bad trip, kinda like a kandyflip.
Also, make sure you dont overdose yourself if you try it...
I had a bad experience with takin too much acid with Valium.
Think about it before you do and BE CAREFUL...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract