Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinejokerGD
interestedindividual
Loc: Earth
Need Advice on my Casing...
    #502314 - 12/27/01 10:42 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Hey to all the pros out there, here are some pics of my casing.

They just had their first flush, each one is from one 1/2 pint cake. The first flush for both were pretty descent so far. Plenty of shrooms but they are rather small.

Anyway, this casing is pretty young, it was cased 12/12 with first a 1/4" 50/50+caco3 then a week later another 1/4" ...

started pinning around 12/22

I'm not sure as to what kind of spraying regiment to follow so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. That is, should i keep it moist/dry/etc.... Also, today, i'm seeing some little water droplets condensing on the mycelium, what should I do about this?

The terranium they're in is just a bin, with a lil tray of perlite, which I took out today. And a lamp, inside the terranium.

pics:

Mazatec-->

Mazatec-->

Classic PF -->

Classic PF -->

I took most of the mushies off both casings, and im wondering what I should do next. The casings are both still flushing. Pins are growing very quick, so far I have not had one abort. NOT A SINGLE ONE! Every shroom, has grown and opened it's cap, even the ones that are like the size of a penny.

As some people complain about the PF race, which does in fact pin/abort like crazy on cakes, seems to just LOVE this casing as i've never seen PFs like that from cakes.

Constructive Criticism welcomed hehe!

Oh, and if you look closely, you can see brownish streaks on the casing top, those are spores from the mushies... any advice on these, should i be expecting anythin from them? Should I cover them up?

Thanks a lot

-GD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblear393
old timer
Male
Loc: VT
Re: Need Advice on my Casing... [Re: jokerGD]
    #502324 - 12/27/01 10:49 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

nice, i wouldn't let them open up so far, unless I was printing them. but otherwise very nice. what is that old-looking two button thing (fake wood/plastic) in the pictures?
peace, ar393

okay, reading yourpost alittle more carefully, i deduce its the lamp.

Edited by ar393 (12/27/01 10:51 AM)

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #502328 - 12/27/01 10:52 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You need a thicker substrate layer. Keep the casing surface moist. One misting a day should do it.

OfflinejokerGD
interestedindividual
Loc: Earth
    #522821 - 01/16/02 07:38 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

some more pics of the casings..

Here shown, classic PF fruiting ever so nicely, not a single abort... (one 1/2 pint cake cased after 5+ flushes!)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #523087 - 01/17/02 01:01 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Very nice Joker,

Which type of casing is that?
Nice looking shrooms and alot of flushes.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck