Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Smoking substitute
    #5020031 - 12/05/05 09:06 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I'm trying to quit smoking weed for awhile or forever or whichever, either way, point is I need a break. Thing is that going from a 1-2 times a day smoker (sometimes 3-4 on the weekend) to well, not hasn't exactly been the easiest transition.

My main reason for quitting was the past couple times I've been stonned with friends (particularily when we still had some sativa lying around) rather than being able to have a good time with them I found myself in a much different state of mind, rather than the usual care-free fun I found myself starting to get frustrated and angry with myself while looking back on my life from a kid up to now, most of this seemed to be directed towards the fact that I was smoking weed. More stuff but I'd rather not get into that, that's just a very brief (and pretty bad) summary.

Anyways, now the hard part, I enjoy smoking, a lot. Not necessarily getting high, but just smoking. I actually preffer the act of smoking over the high marijuana gives anyways so I did a bit of reading and started reading about herbal smoking mixtures, the only hard part is actually finding the information that I want. A friend of mine gave me a teabag. He said he had smoked a bit of it once and was surprised that he actualy really liked the taste, it's an herbal tea intended for sore throats, here is a list of the ingredients.

-Licorice root
-fennel seed
-cinnamon bark
-althea root
-slippery elm bark
-orange peel
-wild cherry bark

I looked up most of these the best I could and most of them appear to be safe to smoke, but with this tea being intended for sore throats I'm a little bit hesitant of smoking anything that may contain any sort of active ingredient that I'll probably regret inhaling, also I'm not sure how trustworthy what information I did gather was. So would anyone who knows their herbs be able to tell me whether or not this stuff would be ok to smoke? Or will I end up feeling kinda like the guy who first discovered nutmeg  :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline550c
Day Tripper
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: StickyWater]
    #5020167 - 12/05/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

you could smoke hookah

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: 550c]
    #5020913 - 12/05/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'd rather use something I can roll...

OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: 550c]
    #5021023 - 12/05/05 11:21 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'd guess it to be safe, but that's not really the point. If you really think that you're going to be smoking herbal blends very much, find a local organic / health type store with bulk herbs, try a bunch (that you've researched and discovered to have a history of being smoked), and buy quantity of whatever you like. Seems like a better option for the long term, both for increased control / choice and because it'd be a lot cheaper. Bulk herbs are quite cheap, but if they're packaged as tea I'd be willing to bet that they hike the prices a bunch just because they can.

OfflineInTheFlesh714
Drunk
Male User Gallery
Loc: (714)
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: GulGen]
    #5021144 - 12/05/05 11:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Why dont you buy legal bud in headshops, an ounce for 30, no high but damn it tastes good

OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: InTheFlesh714]
    #5021236 - 12/06/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

$30 an ounce for anything that doesn't have pretty significant effects is overkill, no matter how good it tastes. Several vendors have pedicularis for around for $10 per half-ounce, which tastes pretty good and has a substantial relaxing effect. Most bulk herbs are more along the lines of tens of cents per ounce, maybe a couple bucks for the more expensive ones, and I assure you that there are many good-tasting herbs out there. Those "legal buds" are nothing but well-researched mixtures of easily available herbs that you could make yourself if you knew the recipe. Since so few people would actually think to make their own (and are used to paying obscene amounts of money for pot), the companies that make such things can make great profit off the suckers that buy them.

I'll admit that I haven't actually tried them, but I'd be shocked if similarly tasty mixtures couldn't be made by oneself for a tenth of the cost with a little experimentation.

OfflineDeviate
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: GulGen]
    #5021774 - 12/06/05 02:30 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

dont smoke anything, heal your lungs. its not good to get enjoyment from damaging your body. just my opinion.

Edited by Deviate (12/06/05 02:32 AM)

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #5021833 - 12/06/05 02:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

StickyWater said:
Well, I'm trying to quit smoking weed for awhile or forever or whichever, either way, point is I need a break.

The first thing you need to do if you're serious about this is to have a gameplan. Set realistic goals for yourself, and follow through. If you don't have a plan, then you're not committed.
You could smoke dagga flowers, I suppose.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
    #5021941 - 12/06/05 04:38 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Man, one bong hit to many for me.

I eyeballed the post title............. :stoned:

Thought.....Crazy Mofo is smoking SUBSTRATE.....gag...gag....

Cannot imagine loading a bong with aged dry h/poo, or compost.

Glad I misread the title.

--------------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: agar]
    #5022122 - 12/06/05 06:18 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

gotta love that substrate  :wink:

Well, I can't really say whether or not I'll never smoke again, it's a little early for that, I still enjoy it, I've just been on a bit of an extended bender which more or less left me incredibly burned out, it was pretty dumb I'll admit, but hey, we all do stupid things, at least it was weed and not something like alcohol.

I was intending to find some sort of herbal store where I could buy herbs specificaly used for smoking, although that has proved to be quite difficult and unfortunately online shopping is not really an option for me.

This legal bud you speak of intrigues me. Does it taste like actual bud or something different?

I don't mind paying $30/ounce, I can fork up $30 every once in awhile if I stand to benefit for it, I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing that I wont have to give in to the urge to get high again when I want to smoke something than $30

Also, can anyone recommend any herbs that you particularily liked? I'm not asking for a list of useable herbs, just a few of the ones you'd recommend.

Edited by StickyWater (12/06/05 06:19 AM)

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
    #5022303 - 12/06/05 08:03 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Lakota White Sage is great for rollin up and smokin when ya want somethin but dont want it to rape your lungs. IAS has it cheap

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Loc: Rotterdam... The City of ...
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: lardnar]
    #5022316 - 12/06/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe this is something for you...?

Lobelia inflata is known under many illustrious names such as: Indian tobacco, emetic herb, emetic weed, gagroot, vomitroot, pukeweed, asthma weed, bladderpod and eyebright. The most important active substance is lobeline. It is mostly used as a substitute for nicotine by people who want to quit smoking cigarettes.

http://www.azarius.nl/product1_5_0_lobelia_inflata.html (You might not to click the little Englisch flag on the upperleft corner to translate the site to Englisch)

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

InvisibleTippinthru
contented

Loc: "The Garden"...
    #5022317 - 12/06/05 08:09 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I know that you can get smokable herbs from true Indian Smoke Shops...
They have several different variety's. These are the herbs they use in Peace Pipes of today...I know California has some shops, I don't know if they ship out. I have tried some of their samples and was a very calming effect, don't expect a high like you get on Marijuana!
I, on occasion when I can't hook up with some pot, try a flavored cigarette or a flavored cigar. It takes the desire away from the pot.
Try different things each person is different.  :gethigh:

Good Luck... it can be done with minimal effort!  :peace:

--------------------
Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time...
[

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Loc: Rotterdam... The City of ...
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: Tippinthru]
    #5022323 - 12/06/05 08:11 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Btw, you can also try Algerian Blend. There are some nice revieuws on it...

Algerian Blend is a mixture of 6 different psychoactive herbs, soaked in the resin of renowned sedative herbs. These six herbs are Damiana, Skullcap, Wormwood, Wild Lettuce, Passion Flower and Valerian. It is one of the strongest herbal blends on the market.

http://www.azarius.nl/product1_5_0_algerian_blend.html (You might need to click on the Englisch flag on the upper left corner to translate it to Englisch)

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

Offlineriby
Stranger
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: Brakkie]
    #5022480 - 12/06/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

what about smokeing shake (just the leaf) or hemp?

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Smoking substitute [Re: riby]
    #5024158 - 12/06/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, smoking shake, that'll work a LOT better, more tar, but still THC...

Brakkie, not interested in anything psychoactive, but thanks anyways :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules