Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKamiaki
Stranger
newbie questions....
    #5022007 - 12/06/05 05:09 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys,
I am just getting into the growing factor of shrooms. I have a few questions for you guys though. First off, I am going to grow the shrooms using the PF-tek. I don't really have the materials or the experience to set up the substrate jar so I was thinking of getting one off this site - ** themadseason.**
It is like 5 bucks for a PF style jar there, tell me if you can get them cheaper somewhere else. Also, the place where I live is pretty cold right now (IL) but I heard you need pretty warm temps to get them growing in the jar. Are there any specific spores (off http://www.ralphstersspores.com/index_files/Page398.html) that are good to buy for when its moderately cold, I could probably keep the room they will be in around 70+ degrees... I am also confused about what you do after the jar. You are supposed to let them grow in like a humid bin right? What materials are needed for this (for the most simple setup)? I am just experimenting with this stuff so it only needs to be able to fit that jar I showed you before. Also what conditions in my room would be good for the bin part.

Thanks for your time guys...

**Edited non Shroomery Vendors Url out**
-Roadkill

Edited by Roadkill (12/06/05 06:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
Re: newbie questions.... [Re: Kamiaki]
    #5022061 - 12/06/05 05:39 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Kamaki -
Continue to read and look up information the more you know, the better.

If you are comfortable buying things online, I would only buy from shroomery sponsors as there are many scams out there.

Lots of us live in cold environments and we create terrariums and such create optimal conditions for mushroom growth. While you may have success with other conditions the closest to optimal conditions you get the better the results.

I think the best 'humid bin' or terrarium for beginners is a tub with perlite with a few filtered holes for air exchange. Just be creative and look around your house there are many things you probably already have that you can use.

Good luck.

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: newbie questions.... [Re: rawtoxic]
    #5022086 - 12/06/05 05:59 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

watch out what you buy off ebay or paypal, also with credit cards. Paper trails with people who sell info to the DEA (paypal brags about it)

Keep it cash when possible for things that are pretty cultivation specific or are all used together for cultivation

Jars aren't much a worry but just a bit of advice for your growing over the next few years

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale