Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Revised: Add a "How to grow..." article here pls***~~~ [Re: World Spirit]
    #5098162 - 12/23/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Here's a different style/version on Salvia D.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
    #5100542 - 12/24/05 01:44 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Heres a more personal touch for the passiflora one.

does any1 know if the flowering age of 3 years for passiflora applies to seedlings or cuttings or both?

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Edited by Vertigo6911 (12/24/05 01:46 AM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Revised: Add a "How to grow..." article here pls***~~~ [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #5102093 - 12/24/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I looked at the link below but it didn't mention anything about flowering.

http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/p/pasflo14.html

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5102106 - 12/24/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Updated list. [For How to Grow Documents] Here's the list of 'stuff we need ta know.'

1. Where can the seeds for this "plant" be purchased?
2. Are the seeds legal, and if not, when did they become illegal?
3. When should I plant my seeds if I'm gonna grow outdoors?
4. Plants preferred Climate zone (zone 1, etc)
5. Is the plant an Annual, Perennial, Biennial, etc
6. Best way to start from seeds. What type of soil mixture is recommended?
7. Frost - will it survive a heavy/light/long frost?
8. How much shade/sun?
9. How often does it get watered?
10. How long from the time you plant the seed til its ready for (partial or full?) harvest?
11. Does it go into a state of "dormancy" at colder times in the year?
12. Ideal soil mix for the plant (not the seeds)?
13. Ideal fertilizer if any (preferrably natural)?
14. Container growing tips
15. Common pests and diseases to watch out for. Also any other sensitivities the plant may have.
16. Health warnings (IE: wear gloves when harvesting tobacco)
17. Ideal propagation and cloning methods?
18. If indoors, what type of lighting should be used?
19. How far away should the lights be from the plant itself?
20. Describe, however you would like, the "personality" of the plant?
22. Last but not least (sorry how long this list got): A firt aid guide for emergency situations with plant. ie Plant was explosed to frost and is dying. ie Shroomisms pet dog "grouchie" violently ate the top of my beloved and quite tender San Pedro - what now? etc

:sanpedro:

Edited by Enter (12/24/05 04:58 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5102600 - 12/24/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I went "bumpedy." Anyone notice?

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5104109 - 12/25/05 02:40 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

ive noticed, though im not sure why since we have a sticky...

--------------------
My homepage

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5106546 - 12/26/05 02:40 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Oh yea. I forgot. /hides

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5130604 - 01/02/06 08:32 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

here you go Enter!

WICCAN's WINDOWSILL STRAMONIUM TEK
simple indoor cultivation method for Datura stramonium by wiccan_seeker

WARNING
This cultivation method for Datura stramonium, the most common Thorn Apple, was intended to explore the cultivation profile of DS in a windowsill environment to select seeds for improvement of a strain of windowsill stramonium. The reader must realize that information about alkaloid content and yield are strictly intended as a reference for herbalist's apothecary purposes in medically acceptable doses. Datura stramonium is by no means suitable for use as a deliriant because such use involves doses which are many times above the medical maximum dose, which carries great health risks. Research about medically documented Datura intoxications (both intentional as accidental) consistently shows that this is deadly in 8-12% of cases even with medical intervention.
Legally herbal DS is considered a prescription drug.

ABSTRACT
From May until September 2003 I have ran a cultivation project of Datura stramonium in a windowsill for hybridization to a houseplant as well as production of medicinal biomass.

CULTIVATION ENVIRONMENT
The cultivation environment was a windowsill facing the south in Holland.
The flowerpots used, in the tradition of low-tech, were one-quart tin cans with holes in the bottom.
The substrate consisted of 50ml of clay beads at the bottom of the pot with 750ml potting soil on top. No fertilizer was used.
The pots were given 150ml of water each every other day.
Cultivation period was from May 11 until September, followed by deliberate drying on-stem, harvest time September 10.
Several times through the cultivation period the leaves hung limp by dehydration, but recovered quickly and completely upon watering.
The pots were 4?/10cm across and sat side to side, each given a cultivation space of 4?x6? (10x12cm) for a total of 0.15 square meters (66 plants/sq mtr)
Every pot got exactly ten seeds, planted within a 2?/5cm circle in the middle, a total of 100 seeds (0.75gr) per ten pots (5gr seeds per square meter)

GROWTH PHASE
The total growth phase lasted approximately 15 weeks/100 days, including drying and ripening on-stem four months. Growth was lush. The seeds from a passive outdoor cultivation from 2002 were used. Within the first two weeks 58/100 plants sprouted with a ratio of 2-9 (5.8) per pot. These plants grew in the windowsill environment until 35-50cm height (14? to 20?) with one or two, one even three thorn-apples from beautiful flowers of normal size. There was substantial foliage but this was left on the plant until harvest time to let the cultivation process run its course. The plants developed thus:

+2 weeks............Al seeds sprouted (58/100)
+4 weeks............First flowerbuds show
+5 weeks............Flowerbuds in almost all plants
+6 weeks............4 plants flowering, ten almost open
+10 weeks...........End of flowering, fruits ripen
+15 weeks...........End of cultivation phase and ripening
+4 months...........Harvest time

During this cultivation there were no insects or plant diseases. They were handsome, healthy plants with well-shaped fairly large leaves, full-sized flowers and a delicate herbal fragrance.

HARVEST YIELD
Little over 40 flowers yielded thorn-apples, their sizes between that of a small hazelnut to that of a walnut. Of these I harvested 40 ripened, opened fruits and collected the seeds from them. The seeds were black so fully ripened and weighed approximately 7mg each, or some 150 seeds per gram in dried condition.
Total seed yield was an incredible 30gr, with 100gr additional biomass, or per pot:

10 seeds --> 6 plants w 4 fruits [3gr seeds+10gr biomass] = ~50mg Hyoscyamine malate

One seed contains approximately 25-50mcg hyoscyamine malate which has the peripheral effects of 50-100mcg Atropine sulphate. Medical maximum dose is 10 seeds (70mg) or 100mg biomass without thorns and splinters.
Total harvest thus was 4.500 seeds + 100gr biomass = 0.5gr hyoscyamine malate which for a cultivation area of one square meter works out to be:

200gr seeds (28.500) + 660gr biomass = 3.3gr hyoscyamine malate

Esthetically Datura stramonium makes for a beautiful annual houseplant lasting all summer or perhaps two seasons in the sunlight yielding four weeks of beautiful big flowers followed by five weeks of intriguing thorn-apples, with handsome big foliage throughout the cultivation phase. It is a good germinator (~58%) and bears a lot of seed. (~45x the amount of seeds sown)
For apothecary purposes it is clear that a windowsill cultivation can meet the needs of a small professional herbalist's practice.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Revised: Add a "How to grow..." article here pls***~~~ [Re: Asante]
    #5131811 - 01/02/06 04:05 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Nice. You live in Amsterdam???

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5132474 - 01/02/06 06:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Nope, I live in Undisclosed Location :wink:

I tend to hang out in the Virgo Supercluster, however.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Revised: Add a "How to grow..." article here pls***~~~ [Re: Asante]
    #5132503 - 01/02/06 06:52 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

:smirk:

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5259042 - 02/03/06 12:15 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

just thought id post a little list of what weve accumulated so far.
Enter maybe u can shed some light on whats ready and what needs more work etc, that would be helpfull.

-how to start cacti from seeds
-henbane (hyoscyamus niger)
-Kanna (Scletium tortuosum
-Peyote (lophophora spec)
-Datura
-Poppies (Papaver somniferum)
-Passion Flower (Passiflora)
-Salvia divinorum
-Morning Glories (Ipomea violacea)
-Illinois bundleflower(Desmanthus illinoensis)
-Psychotria viridis
-Syrian Rue (Peganum harmala)
-Yopo (Anadenanthera peregrina)
-Windowsill Datura (Datura stramonium)
-Banisteriopsis caapi

in the meantime i have aquired all the seeds i want to sow, cept for a few still in the mail.
so maybe this would be a good time to talk about what kind of experiments can be done with them?

ive posted a list of my seeds in my journal:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5259002/an/0/page/0
so we can use that to discuss what and how to catalog my growing attempts and come up with ideas for experiments etc.

--------------------
My homepage

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5330629 - 02/23/06 05:23 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hey where the hell is everybody?

--------------------
My homepage

Offlinebrotherweezley
The Exalted One

Loc: Middle America
    #5387576 - 03/10/06 10:25 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

This information is great fellas, its nice that people are taking the initiative to educate intusiuest.

--------------------
--------The Truth------
The Buddha showed that there is suffering in the world. He explained the cause of this suffering. He taught that this suffering could be ended. Finally, he showed the way leading to the end of suffering.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Revised: Add a "How to grow..." article here pls***~~~ [Re: brotherweezley]
    #5388729 - 03/11/06 10:08 AM (18 years, 22 days ago)

thxz dude :smile:

--------------------
My homepage

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5392819 - 03/12/06 06:00 PM (18 years, 21 days ago)

lets keep this puppy movin, great stuff so far.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5393624 - 03/12/06 10:03 PM (18 years, 21 days ago)

been quiet for a wile now, i guess we need to grow some more stuff
and lern some more tricks :smile:

anyways i got impatient so i sowed most of my seeds already.

--------------------
My homepage

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
    #5403212 - 03/15/06 12:23 PM (18 years, 18 days ago)

Since there is not much information available online about how to care for this plant, I figured I'd do a write up offering what information I have been able to learn and gather. Please familiarize yourself with these instructions thoroughly; Kratom is not the easiest plant to accommodate.

If you are fortunate enough to acquire one of these wonderful, rare plants chances are you will be receiving a live rooted cutting. Kratom is viable by seed for only a few weeks, so cuttings are the most common way to propagate this plant. If by chance the plant is grown from seed, a fungacide should be used The plant can be purchased online if you know where to find it, but it is often out of stock, as it is rare and a moderately difficult plant to grow and care for. Do not be discouraged, your new plant will thrive, given the proper care and attention.

When your plant arrives, carefully remove the plant from the box, minding use of sharp instruments, cut the tape, not the box in a warmer area, free from drafts to avoid dehydration. Carefully remove all packaging disturbing the plant as little as possible. Your plant may or may not be noticeably wilted. This is to be expected from the shock of transport. Do not be alarmed if it looks a little 'sad'. Keep plant away from direct artificial or natural light for at least a day. A dimly lit room, such as the counter or table top in front of drawn shades or blinds is considered indirect lighting. It needs to adjust to the new environment.

Water the plant generously, but do not allow to stand in water for more than 2-3 hours per day. The plant should 'perk' up within a few hours. Give another drink if needed after being revived.

This plant will need acclimation to direct sunlight. You may acclimate it by gradually increasing the amount of daily exposure 30 minutes to 1 hour per day over the next week or two. Any greater exposure to direct sunlight may risk significant sunburn. Keep a close eye on the plant and adjust accordingly.

Kratom is a very interesting species that will require VERY well-drained soil. I highly recommend Miracle-Gro potting mix as an excellent source of nutrients for proper leaf production and plant stability. Kratom requires an ample amount of lighting that is very bright, however not harsh sun. If adequate lighting is not maintained consistently, leaf drop will occur quite severely until the plant can use what light is available. You may find the use of fluorescent lighting to be amicable and ultimately will be easier to control during the shorter winter months. Consider the plant's native habit, Thailand and Africa, where the tropical zones are moist and warm and days are long. Should artificial lighting be impractical for your needs, 4-5 hours of early morning sun should be sufficient.

The temperature that you may find comfortable will ultimately make your new plant comfortable. Much higher than 90 degrees F and leaf production is slowed slightly, although the plant loves plenty of humidity and higher temps. Much lower than 50 degrees F and the plant will stop growing pretty much altogether; remaining dormant until warmer temperatures are maintained all the while, dropping nearly every leaf. Please understand this plant is tropical in nature and will not survive freezing temperatures.

You should want to water when the very top of soil becomes slightly dry in appearance or to touch. Lack of sufficient water will result in smaller stunted leaves and much slower growth. Misting once or twice daily will help alleviate stress of a drier climate as well help prevent many opportunities for pests which often prefer the dry undersides and joints of plants in general. Kratom prefers fairly damp, VERY well-drained potting soil. I use ONLY miracle-gro potting mix for the Kratom. No moss, no vermiculite, nothing but the potting mix. Root growth, again, is rather slow, allowing you to keep the plant potted longer.

If you do not keep the soil moistened, the leaves will still continue to grow, however, they seem to have a slightly sticky resin that keeps them clasped together before they are actually released from the xylem meristem tissue. The higher the relative moisture the plant is exposed to, the less viscous the sticky resin is; which in turn, allows the mirrored leaves to easily separate from each other. If the moisture content drops even a little, the resin becomes more sticky and the leaflets hold together more tightly. The leaves still emerge, but the stickiness tends to tear the edges slightly like this:

If the moisture content is balanced the leaves will open freely and appear with no tears or serration's like so:

The hard part is just getting the balance between too much and too little, something that is difficult to make 100% perfect because of the ever-changing humidity indoors. A humidifier can be used in combination with misting to emulate a rain forest as best as possible, but don't worry if you have the problems of leaf tears and serrations. The leaves are still very practical, just not as 'pretty'.

The main concern I have found for good leaf production to remain, and the leaves not to fall, is adequate lighting. This plant is going to require more lighting than most plants. If lighting is not appropriate, leaves fall from here to kingdom come. Increasing light exposure to 15 hours timed artificial lighting has shown successful results. I recommend one 40-watt fluorescent GE Gro Tube and one 40-watt Solar spectrum aquarium light. It's buy far the cheapest fix (electricity-wise), however you may have more suitable lighting, or find other ways. Watch your plant closely and you will learn to accommodate it to the most suitable growing environment.

As I have mentioned before, insects are very attracted to Kratom plants. If you chose to put your plant outside, watch it closely. Within one day you may see significant damage to leaves. If this occurs, bring the plant inside immediately. The use of pesticides are strongly discouraged if you plan on using this plant for its medicinal qualities. You can put it in a windowsill and mist daily, but artificial lighting may be more suitable for faster growth. Indoor pests to be aware of are cats. If you share your home with a cat, consider putting the plant in a location that your frisky feline will not be tempted to disturb the plant. Cats have been known to eat the leaves of the plant. While this is not healthy for your plant, there are no known dangers to your cat. It is unlikely that a cat would eat enough of a this plant to experience noticeable side effects.

Kratom leaf with dammage caused by insects:

Kratom plant with dammage from being chewed on by a curious cat:

Watch your plant closely and you will learn to accommodate it to the most suitable growing environment. With lots of love and care your Kratom plant can eventually grow up to be a Kratom tree.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Revised: Add a "How to grow..." article here pls***~~~ [Re: Frappy]
    #5631447 - 05/15/06 05:50 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

thxz for the post frappy :smile:

its been a long time since ive seen anything from Enter,
im not sure whats up but he hasnt posted since februari...

anybody know wuzzup?

--------------------
My homepage

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5796797 - 06/27/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ok i finaly have something new to say in here:

Passiflora can flower at 1 year of age as a seedling, but as quick as 3 months as a cutting.

--------------------
My homepage

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf