Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Appreciation Thread [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5402625 - 03/15/06 09:18 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Jimmy Chamberlain is one of my favorite drummers of all time. The marching style rhythems on a few of the mellon collie songs just kill me.

jimmy is fucking TIGHT on all their cd's...he's definitely my biggest influence as a drummer. i think it's because he was a jazz drummer around chicago before the pumpkins. i love how he's constantly stomping quarter notes on the high hat, it makes his beats sound very crisp.
my favorite cd is gish..such fresh and creative songwriting..siamese dream and mellon collie tie for 2nd, i couldn't live without either one.
adore got the shaft..there is some good stuff, but it sounds like corgan was trying too hard to do something different and it lost some of it's soul. but there are some amazing songs regardless.
i thought machina rocked, stand inside your love is a great song..i can't wait to hear what they're coming up with now. it won't quite be the pumpkins without james on guitar though.
:bow: i live for the pumpkins

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
    #5402643 - 03/15/06 09:23 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

Cool, produced by Isaac.. I'll definately check it out. Have you heard his side project, Ugly Casanova? The few songs I've heard were cool.. check out "Things I Don't Remember" if you can.

I've never really liked Talking Heads. Or am I thinking The Headstones? hmm, maybe I'll check 'em out to make sure :p

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#5402655 - 03/15/06 09:26 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Arcade Fire is terrific...and if you really dig them, then check out Talking Heads, cause David Byrne is one of their biggest inspirations.

i didn't realize byrne influenced them...i've been really into the arcade fire recently. always loved talking heads, they still blow my mind sometimes. funky shit :crazy2:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Appreciation Thread [Re: Brugman]
    #5402665 - 03/15/06 09:28 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

Yup, Byrne has appeared on stage with them a couple of times. I saw David Bowie join them on stage for two songs once. :grin:

My second time seeing Arcade Fire David Byrne was leaning against the wall near the bar drinking a beer. I went over, told him he was awesome, and scurried away. :lol:

Brugman: yeah I love that Ugly Casanova album. "Barnacles" is my favorite track.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Appreciation Thread [Re: Hendostan]
    #5403524 - 03/15/06 01:37 PM (18 years, 18 days ago)

I love the Pumpkins. I gave to Billy's badmate, as they all walked in the back entrance to the club in Vancouver, to give to Billy a cd with some of my songs on it and a note asking for funds to buy music equipment, never got it tho :P

My favorite cd of theirs is the Ultra Rare Trax collection. I might put up a torrent for it once I look up how to do that.

You people might also be interested in this torrent
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10554&page=4&pp=15
It's a video collection of really early live performances, like before they had a contract early. I'm just downloading it now.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Appreciation Thread [Re: Disco Cat]
    #5434860 - 03/23/06 03:01 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Did anyone else get this torrent? I think it's F'in awesome!

Also get Utra Rare Trax if you can find it.

And the Reel Time Sessions - they're the Pumpkin's most unique and colorful work imo, very good stuff. The recording's from before they had a record contract, and none of the song wound up on any of their albums, but I might even say that it's the best of their work.

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Appreciation Thread [Re: Silversoul]
    #5434911 - 03/23/06 03:13 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

me too, were my fave. i bought mellon collie twice but favorite cd's are tough to take care of. i was going to see them their last yr but decided to wait. They broke up later that year nooo!

--------------------
Namaste

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan
    #5434921 - 03/23/06 03:17 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

I went to school with Billies cousin.

She wuz teh haaawtie.

--------------------

Edited by HellaMeister (03/23/06 03:18 PM)

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #5435083 - 03/23/06 04:25 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Meloncoly and the Infinite Sadness was one of the first rock c.d.s i ever purchased. Me, and my brother through down together, and bought it together.
it was a good purchase.

--------------------

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Appreciation Thread [Re: Disco Cat]
    #5435138 - 03/23/06 04:44 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Hey, speaking of Pumpkin love and torrents, y'all should check out this site:  ZOMB it's got a lot of stuff, but especially a lot of good Pumpkin shows, DVD and Audio.
I've been getting some of these shows lately and it has totally reminded me (not that I forgot) how bad ass Billy Corgan is and how much the Pumpkins rocked. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rocket: :crazy2: :tongue2: :heart: :grin: :stoned:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Appreciation Thread [Re: ToolTroll]
    #5435160 - 03/23/06 04:50 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

The one I really need, and want, is the performance at Much Music in '97, specifically the performance of Transmission. All copies seem to cut this out, but it was THE song of the show, in fact it's the only song from that show that I really want. Now I'm pissed off at Much Music  :mad:

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #5435595 - 03/23/06 07:06 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Yeh I'm not crazy about Pisces, honestly. :shrug:

FYI, Pisces Iscariot is not a studio release album, rather, it is a collection of B-sides that were distributed on each single from Gish and Siamese Dream. You'd know this if you had every damn one of them like I happen to.

/me grabs OMR's mike:
I thought Adore was an unbelievable album and it is still one of my favorites. It was a great new direction for the band and fuck all the little teeny-boppers and poseurs who couldn't handle them jumping the overplayed RnR ship.
/me slings mike away

I can't honestly pick a favorite album... I have a whole buttload of live recordings that would probably make the top of the list before their studio releases would. I have seen them live and out of the 100s of concerts I have been they have remained solidly in the top 3 evar.

oh, yes, i just remembered I grabbed this thread off an old page because I was hunting something else, so have fun ignoring this. :tongue:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies