Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBiNz
Dazed andConfused
Male User Gallery

Loc: Upstate NY
Kava Kava for trip anxiety
    #5013677 - 12/04/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Kava Kava Has anyone tried it? I Have. I love taking it throughout my normal day but i have taken it once with mushrooms which reduced all anxiety from the trip, helped me calm down and enjoy the mushrooms a hell of a lot more. I plan on taking it with all future mushroom trips because it's just that good. If you get that unwanted anxiety from mushrooms, i suggest you pickup some Kava Kava from your local Co-Op. This stuff is incredible. My Trip report can be found on my Blog.

More information on Kava Kava.
http://www.iherb.com/iherb/kavkavin.html

Quote:

As a rule, the following are some common feelings that most users report after taking kava kava:
A state of relaxation, without feeling drugged
Muscle tenseness is less
Peacefulness and contentment
More sociable, especially with the right company
Mild euphoria, sometimes
Mental alertness is often not effected, except on high doses
Initial alertness followed by drowsiness which comes on after a few hours, so kava can be taken in the evening, a few hours before bedtime.

Anyone else have input on Kava? I was really wondering if i could take Kava along with the black corrant juice experiment. Kava works on the limbic part of your brain, so i believe it would be safe to take with an MAOI inhibitor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: BiNz]
    #5013691 - 12/04/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Could you please tell me where you bought it? (its legal, so i dont see a problem telling me the vendor)

What form is it in? I have it in a tincture but i dont notice THAT much of a difference, it's very subtle. It seems to come out only when i smoke. I think its because the tincture (liquid form) isnt that strong at all.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: Limelight]
    #5013960 - 12/04/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

when i was younger, around 18 years old, i would take pure kava root by the handfuls.

the result was one of the most amazing drug experiences of my life, mood elevation to the nth degree... you just feel, complacent, like everything is in its right place... and then... there is the womb.  the fuzziness which i can only compare to the most amazing opiate body high.

yet it wasn't so impeding that i couldn't go to work and function normally.

i used to take about 30 kava kava pills (rough i know, most people don't have the stomach for that) and put on the breeders album "pod".  ah the memories.

makes me want to try some of the newer kava kava chai mixes and tinctures I've seen around, to see if its still got that kick i remember.

:todcasil:

as far as question, i think its very possible it could cause an upset stomach with the fungis, but then it is all speculation at this point.

the root is very bitter, and the silica gel caps that hold it in place can and will give you an upset stomach.

i would often empty my root pills out into a giant mug of hot water and brew it like a tea with lots of honey.  drinking that tea would always make my mouth go numb for about 10 minutes, but there is always a tightening of the stomach before onset, I've noticed with larger doses at least.

I'm sure taking a regular dose, or say maybe, 5 pills of kava root wouldn't cause you any problems at all, and probably would help the anxiety a bit.

though in all honesty, the anxiety is all in your head.  can you come to terms with being human?  thats what that anxiety before a trip is.  can you come to terms with being a part of God or the Universe?  kava kava will not make your realizations go away.  integrate your knowledge, live your wisdom.

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineBiNz
Dazed andConfused
Male User Gallery

Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: Limelight]
    #5013982 - 12/04/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I picked up the Kava extract up from the local Co-Op in my town. I chose not to get the tinticure because it requires you to take 20-30 dropplets in water which seemed like it might be a bit weak. The directions on the capsules say 2 capsules 2-3x @ 60mg kavalactones each. I usually only take 1 capsule 2-3x a day.
Last mushroom trip i took 2 capsules prior to mushroom consumption and then 1 at the end of the trip. I <3 kava.
If your not sure of a co-op in your town, try a Google 'Local' Search
http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=co-op&near=Plattsburgh,+NY&sa=X&oi=localr

The local co-op sells kava with the brand name of "Herb Pharm"
Image1 Image1
You might be able to find the capsules from an online vendor too.

OfflineCirclesongs
Stepinsidelove
 User Gallery
Loc: earth
    #5085424 - 12/20/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

IAMSHAMAN is by far the best! Get the paste!

OfflineAnimals
Just Danson inthe Dark
 User Gallery

Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: Circlesongs]
    #5086050 - 12/20/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

That sounds great, I will definatly try this.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: Animals]
    #5086116 - 12/20/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

The anxiety of mushrooms has nothing to do with coming to terms with being human, unless that's what you personally happen to be tripping on. The anxiety comes from from the mushrooms tickling the anxiety-related 5HT receptor, in combination with the fact that the fungus initiates a fat surge of norepinephrine.

Using kava to relieve the anxiety sounds like a great idea, I'll definitely be trying it whenever I next shroom.

Offlinewiresandleaves
Stranger
Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: Entropymancer]
    #5088450 - 12/21/05 03:27 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds cool - i'm struggling with a particularly odd batch (or maybe i've just got an anxiety block or somesuch). At any rate, has anybody got any suggestions for alternatives? Though Kava is legal in the U.k it's not so readily avaliable because it has to be bought off the net and if i want to get the pure extract i've got to ship it in from halfway across the world. Anything similar?
cheers

OfflineGRRRR
Stranger
Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: wiresandleaves]
    #5118682 - 12/29/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I got some kava kava from shamanshop but it's just this gummy paste stuff, what the hell are you ment to do with it? it says 70% co2 extract but there is only 3 grams of it. is 70% strong enough???

OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: GRRRR]
    #5118976 - 12/29/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

can you buy it in stores in Canada?

OfflineBiNz
Dazed andConfused
Male User Gallery

Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: OzzyGod]
    #5119528 - 12/29/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ask your local co-op; search around in the health food stores/supplement stores. i can't tell you where you can find it as we all live in different citys/states/countries. http://www.erowid.org/plants/kava/kava_law.shtml < for more on the legal status of Kava. Apparently it is banned in Canada, how unfortunate.

Quote:

Canada #
Canada's federal government agency, Health Canada, issued a stop order blocking the sales of kava products for human consumption in all of canada in August, 2002. As of this ruling, all products containing kava including drinks, supplements, etc have been banned in Canada. Health Canada

Offlinesuperbob57
The Hobbit from the Shire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
    #5119629 - 12/29/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I can get it at the local herb shop.....I think helps with sore throat or helps a smokers cough didnt do anything but numb my throat...It's good to make in tea in though.... :mushroom2: :thumbup:

--------------------
If I run full blast, I'll never get tired and If I slow down I get stuck, so I opened my mind and let the wild things in and there not going away but getting stronger, day by day, I will find the source of all things it's only a matter of time and I will be one with the universe once again my friends...I will never find the end but the start of a new begining...-J.R.S.A Man Of Experiences:lsdabc:...IV:syringe: 4-aco-DMT "Where Fools Rush In, and Angels Fear To Tread..." NN-DMT Pure Magic Wizard Dust!:wizard:
folio]http://www.redbubble.com/people/khaotehk/portfolio[/url]
https://youtu.be/C1_YHJDRgqE
:chesire: I miss you, I love you my Angel Aimee Renee Orme March 14th 2020. Always and Forever will are Love will go on, Forever & Always are Etched on my Heart. ❤

OfflineBiNz
Dazed andConfused
Male User Gallery

#5119644 - 12/29/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I too just recieved the kava powder (not paste) in the mail which i have yet to try(iamshaman.com). According to the instructions i recieved, you must make a recipe with it...  KonaKavaFarm Recipes  for more details. 70% is plenty enough. You may also want to put some of the kava extract in a capsule and swollow it a minute or 2 prior to eating your mushies. You may not notice much of a difference in your normal reality/mental thought from just 1 kava pill... but 1 certainly reduces all anxiety and provides a strong synergistic effect when combined w/mushies. I have done the kava experiment with 4 other people on 2 occasions and they all had the most amazing stress/anxiety free trips of their lifes. @ GRRR > i suggest you dont eat all 3 grams of the kava at once unless you want to get drunk off it. Maybe half a gram to start... although i fell you probably wont even need 1/2 a gram when combining with mushrooms. After all you are just looking to help with the anxiety, correct? If you make a 3gram Cocoa Kava shake you will most likely feel some kind of content and happy drunkness (although i have not tried, thats what i have gathered from online information)
Just as if you were consuming alcohol with mushrooms, you wouldn't want to be drunk because it probably cancels out the shroom trip. I suggest starting low. You can always up the anty on your next mushroom trip if you still get anxiety with your 1st kava experiment.
You have a couple options:

make a kava drink with no more than half a table spoon of kava and drink it down. Maybe even mix the mushies in with the kava shake and eat it all in one sitting.
OR
Stuff the Kava extract (which is def stong enough) in 1 or 2 capsules and consume prior to shrooming.
Dont over due it... i have yet to find out if too much kava reduces the mushroom mental power. I took 2 kavas  prior to eating an 8th of mushies and my trip seemed to be lacking in the higher mental thought. This could have been the result from a high mushroom tolerance lately or possibly the amount of kava i took, i still am unsure. I prefer the capsule method as the kava might taste horrible to drink. Please keep me updated on how the experiment goes. Peace out and enjoy the Kava  :mushroom2:

OfflineTrippy_Search
I'm trippin' man
Male
Loc: TX
    #5119658 - 12/29/05 05:07 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i think u can get it at a GNC

--------------------

OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: Trippy_Search]
    #5119688 - 12/29/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

does the strain of mushroom have anything to do with anxiety or anything? Cause the last 2 times ive done shrooms theyve been from the same batch that i picked up, and these last 2 times ive only gotten the anxious feeling. The rest were grreat. So you think these types of mushrooms have anything to do with anxiety or anything?

Edited by OzzyGod (12/29/05 05:18 PM)

OfflineBiNz
Dazed andConfused
Male User Gallery

#5120741 - 12/29/05 10:23 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

psilocybin is psilocybin... i don't believe different strains cause any more anxiety than any other mushroom. The mind and body differs between every individual so try and relax, maybe pick up some kava, and enjoy those mushies to their fullest.

OfflineOzzyGod
Stranger
    #5120991 - 12/30/05 12:29 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Wehre do you get Kava. Is it easy for a 15 yhear old to get???

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #5121012 - 12/30/05 12:43 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OzzyGod said:
Wehre do you get Kava. Is it easy for a 15 yhear old to get???

are you 15???

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinedonvliet
beyond reality

Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: lemon_lw]
    #5121240 - 12/30/05 02:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Kava kava was made illegal in Holland in 2003... because "in some rare cases it has been associated with damage to the liver". That's just sad...

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: Entropymancer]
    #5127573 - 12/31/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

'The anxiety comes from from the mushrooms tickling the anxiety-related 5HT receptor, in combination with the fact that the fungus initiates a fat surge of norepinephrine'

I couldnt agree more. Anyone who is predisposed to having an already hightened sympathetic nervous system in normal life - people who are skinnier, people who are effected by excessive drops of sugar levels, and the 1 in 200 people who have poor norepinephrine reuptake will probably experience anxiety from any psychedelic - particularly psilocin/psilocybin.
This is not because they are 'losing their minds' - its because the excessive level of norepinephrine that is released by substances like psilocin trigger a variety of symptoms of sympathetic overactivity - from hand tremors, vasoconstriction and/or dilation, anxiety, short-term hyper-metabolism, impaired glucose tolerance, dizziness and pupil abnormalities.
Luckily the serotonin effects of these substances soon nulify those of sympathetic nervous system excess.

To combat this for suspectible people - kava is a great option because it reduces the sensitivity of beta receptors to norepinephrine and epinephrine excess.

Even better for this task is the common beta blocker - used to combat hyper tension and hyper metabolic states.

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: donvliet]
    #5127577 - 12/31/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

As for Kava and liver disease - this was caused by extracts sold by Pharm companies who got greedy and used the whole plant, not just the root - the plant is traditionally avoided because of its hepo-toxicity.

--------------------

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
    #6170086 - 10/14/06 09:10 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Cool, it sounds like this really works. What are the thoughts on how this affects the person after the trip? Does a heavy yet anxiety free trip imprint the mind to be anxiety free? Any experiences? I have read a few posts saying that people suffer anxiety attacks after tripping and can't handle stress; this is just no good from a hedonistic standpoint.

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: Epigallo]
    #6170102 - 10/14/06 09:15 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

And the neurological models a couple people mentioned are very interesting. In what part of the brain do imprints occur?

--------------------

Offlinemrsage
new hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Closer
    #6170617 - 10/15/06 12:19 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Valerian root's helped me off of some bad trips before, but I think I'll try Kava Kava too. Thanks for the info.

--------------------

Yea maybe sometimes I do feel like shit
I aint happy about it, but I'd rather feel like shit
...than be full of shit! - Suicidal Tendencies

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #6170628 - 10/15/06 12:22 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It does work. About two months ago, I was on a strong acid trip with some friends. Out of nowhere, I just started balling. It's not unusual for me to cry while tripping...I do it every time. But on this occasion, I just couldn't STOP. Relentless tears. Not a bad trip, but I was worried about bringing other people down with my emotion, so I sipped some kava extract in tea and finally, the tears slowed and relaxation started.

Good stuff to have on hand.

Invisiblehoboblues
Male
Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: MOTH]
    #6170874 - 10/15/06 02:55 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Would someone suggest a form of kava kava for me? liquigels, paste, etc... or does it matter?

--------------------

InvisibleHorusTh3Chrous

Re: Kava Kava for trip anxiety [Re: hoboblues]
    #12257701 - 03/23/10 07:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I just used Kava and a beer to help me get in a good relaxed mood before my acid trip yesterday, worked very well, i had an amazing trip.

I use the Gaia Herbs brand tincture (extra strength or regular) it was regular this time.. but i just fill the dropper twice and mix it in a shot glass with some juice and bamm, makes me feel great.

Kava is great for socializing, just feeling great.

Anything from Gaia Herbs is always potent.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags