Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAzulAgave
making own spore syringes
    #500703 - 12/25/01 10:30 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

In my dreams the other night I made my own syringes and innoculated some jars. After a week of dreamsmy jars show no signs or sporulation or contaminates. I used one sporeprint to 250 ml of water and made only two syringes. Does anyone out there have any vast experience on making syringes. I'm wondering if I diluted my print in 250 ml of water? I'm going to give it another whirl. I just got a stirrer hotplate and I plan to stir the heck out of the spores to make sure I get a good blend. (sans the hotplate of course)
Thanks any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenobbik
journeyman
Re: making own spore syringes [Re: AzulAgave]
    #500706 - 12/25/01 10:37 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i dont know for a fact but i thin it would take alot mor than that to dilute your spores to the point where they wouldnt growi dont see any reason why there wouldnt be some growth. tell us exactly how you made the syringes.

--------------------
a very funny signature that makes everyone laugh and think i'm cool

InvisibleAzulAgave
Re: making own spore syringes [Re: nobbik]
    #500717 - 12/25/01 10:51 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

For sterility purposes I used distilled water and boiled the syringes in the water. I then filled the syringes with the hot water and poured 250 ml of the boiledwaterinto a mixing cup. I set the syringes in the cup to let them cool and I set the cup inside a larger container to prevent contaminates from entering. I then walked away for several hours (at least 8) to let everything cool. I came back added the print. I used my own print that I made on plexiglass. The print was about 1 inch in diameter and a medium print as far as darkness goes. I scraped the spores into the mix and stirred things up. I injected the syringe water in and stirred some more. I then filled my two syringes and used one to make jars. The other is still in storage with more prints. Some of my concerns are the spores weren't stirred into the mixture and hydrated enough. Another concern of mine is the temperature at my place aproximately 74 F.

Anonymous

#500747 - 12/25/01 11:23 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

There are a few concerns I would have, mainly, how you stirred them and how sterile your instruments were. Otherwise, you're syringes should be very strong. A print that size could likely produce several good syringes.

As for hydration, not only are your spores in a liquid solution but the substrate also has a moisture content. Don't worry about it.

Try to raise the temps to about 82 and you should be set!

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: making own spore syringes [Re: ]
    #501138 - 12/25/01 08:40 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I hope I read this wrong but are you saying you put hot water on your spores? that would have killed all your spores. For the love of god/goddess man read this!
http://www.shroomery.org/findorgrowthem/m420syringe.html
http://www.shroomery.com/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=119
http://www.shroomery.com/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=77

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: making own spore syringes [Re: upupup]
    #501147 - 12/25/01 08:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Good call!

Hot water KILLS SPORES.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineI_AM_THE_WALRUS
addict
    #501156 - 12/25/01 09:05 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

how where your jars innoculated? were they half pint jars? Is there enough air for the mycelium, are the innoculation holes covered? whats the temp where your jars are? was the substrate cooled before innoculation?

--------------------
TRIPLE DIPPED!?!?!?!

hey, kid.... you wanna buy some lsd?? -me

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
Re: making own spore syringes [Re: upupup]
    #501276 - 12/26/01 12:21 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

he let it cool for at least 8 hours, im having the same problem, and does it take longer for spores to germinate in cooler temps?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #501278 - 12/26/01 12:23 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

So you basicaly diluted your whole print over a volume of 250 ml(sufficient for 25 syringes) an pulled only 2 syringes. Why that?
You?re wasting your spores that way.
A middlesized print should be good for 5-10 good syringes.
Next time use the Psilocybers Syringe tek(found in the Grow/Find section)

As for no colonisation showing:How warm do you keep the jars? If they are kept cold no wonder they don?t show colonisation.

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
    #501474 - 12/26/01 08:55 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

wow. .. I have a bunch of concerns.

1. 74 degrees is kinda cold for knocked up jars to be incubating. Germination could take months (which leads to other complications, too).

2. you didn't go into detail about HOW you stirred. You had 25 syringes worth of water (250ml) into which 1 print was put. If it was in a jar and vigorously shaken, it MAY have disseminated the spores sufficiently.

3. If you take 25 syringes worth of water, add 1 medium print worth of spores, and make a total of 2 syringes. . mathematically. . . well--you're screwing yourself. Your syringes should be at least 10 times more potent than you made them.

That having been said, no contams in a week is good. There ARE SOME spores in those jars, just wait. But you'll HAVE to raise the temp to 85F minimum in order to get that germination going before the humidity in those jars slowly works its way out of the cake.

Just wait it out. . .you may be ok--but that's being overly optimistic.

I'd do just what Anno said: Use that link to the OTHER syringe tek, and your syringes will contain a sufficient amount of spores.

Good luck. . . . and if I were you, I wouldn't throw out those jars. I'd see them through.

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

InvisibleAzulAgave
Re: making own spore syringes [Re: ChangLee]
    #501575 - 12/26/01 01:09 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

1. The water was at room temp when spores were added.
2. Thejars sat foreight hours before innoculation and where also atroom temp.
3. I only have 2 syringes. It was too late when I found a supplier of syringes by the time I made my syringes.
4. What the hell would I need a shit load ofsyringes for if I'm only growingfor myself. I like to substitute a shit load of prints over syringes.
5. My thermostat in the house reads 74 F andthe room the jars are in was 70 F. I fixed this problem so the room is now atleast 77 F.
6. I have pint jars and now that I have raised temps 3 of them show sporulation. Thanks to my patience and perseverance.
7. Time to put that other syringe to use and make some more jars. So that I can make more syringes. =)
8. Do any of the suppliers here have empty plungers and syringes for sale? I have been ableto find plungers but its a bitch to find the blunt tip needles. I had a sweet link for a supplier but I lost it. They sold blunt tip syringes for like $100 per 1000 blunt tip 1 1/2 inch needles. LAter everyone and thanks for the advice suggestions.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
    #501580 - 12/26/01 01:24 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

> 4. What the hell would I need a shit load ofsyringes for if I'm only growingfor myself. I like to substitute a shit load of prints over syringes.

The point was that you put a single spore print into 250ml of water and only used 20ml worth of it. Meaning you wasted 92% of the spores - they were left behind in the glass. Next time, use only the water in the syringes - i.e. empty the syringe(s) into the glass and scrape the spores in, then suck it back up. Much more efficient use of the spores that way..

>8. Do any of the suppliers here have empty plungers and syringes for sale? I have been ableto find plungers but its a bitch to find the blunt tip needles. I had a sweet link for a supplier but I lost it. They sold blunt tip syringes for like $100 per 1000 blunt tip 1 1/2 inch needles. LAter everyone and thanks for the advice suggestions.

Why don't you try going to a pharmacy? I know it can be kinda weird but I've never had any problems. If they ask you what you want them for say you're doing some weird science thing for uni/school and you need to transfer exact amounts of liquid or something :) Also the pharmacy will be way cheaper than any of the suppliers here.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order