Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant...) * 1
    #926454 - 10/02/02 09:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm having a blast, how about you?

You know sometimes I look at the world and feel nothing but pain and anger, but not for the reasons most people I know feel these emotions. Pain because I see a world (at least this western society) with so much potential for light but clouded by so much darkness. Why do people feel the need to hate? Why do people rape, murder, and kill each other? Why do people hurt another human being at all? Are we not all humans in this society? Do we not all want freedom and security? Freedom to live our lives to the fullest, and security to go along with this freedom? Why do people feel the need to take away the freedom of their brothers and sisters? Why do people feel the need to take away security?

If anyone, that includes any of you, takes away the natural rights of another human you have given up your own rights in doing so. You have stated to this world that you are not a rational human being. You are stating that you do not wish to live in a peaceful society. You are the only thing in this world that I hate. The only thing that I hate.

Because you see I know in my mind, and feel in my heart, the way we should live. I have no enemies in life. No one I wish dead. No one I wish harm to. I tolerate everyone, and will never willingly do something to harm another human in any way. Not physically, not emotionally, and not spiritually. When I hurt someone I hurt myself. I guess I'm empathetic like that: always feeling what my friends feel. Happy when they are happy, and sad when they are sad. I'm lucky enough to have had a few of my very closest friends thank me for how I act when they are unhappy. My natural reaction is to cheer someone up. I am an eternal optimist and I use that to help my friends. They thanked me for it, because they saw how hard I work for their happiness. Not above my own happiness, though, because their happiness is my happiness. They are my companions in life, and I love all of them to death.

If everyone could feel like this, like I do, I know there would be no war. No pain and no suffering. No evil in this world. You don't have to love everyone, but for fuck's sake at least tolerate everyone. Understand that different people have different views in life, and that their views may differ from yours. Everyone is entitled to their views, on one condition: that they do not use their views to harm others.

Maybe I should define what I mean by "harm". I once learned (in a physics course, of all places) about a philosophy called Natural Law. Natural Law states that there are Rights that every "rational human" has, and that these rights are so universal and concrete that they should not even have to be stated. Basically you have the right to freedom to do whatever you please in life, provided it does not infringe upon the rights anyone else. The right to freedom includes the right to your life.

Is this not simple? One basic principle and nothing else: do not hurt another human. How can that be hard to understand? Why can't everyone follow this?

This is why I feel pain when I look at the world.

My anger comes from the knowledge that there is little, if anything, that I can do to change it. You see I am happy in life. Why? Because I realized that the only person who can make me unhappy is myself. The only person who can make anything in life hard for me is myself. The day I realized that was the day I left behind misery and unhappiness. There is nothing I can not deal with now in life, and deal with easily. I want everyone to realize this...but sadly very few people will accept it. I have told this to four people in my life, all very dear to me. All four said they understood, said it made perfect sense. They even seemed surprised that they had not realized this before. Now only one still believes. Only one even remembers what I said, and he was the one who already knew what I told him. He already lives as I live and we were equally amazed to have found each other in life. A very good friend of mine. The other three are why I do not go around telling everyone I know that I have the answer to life (which I truly believe I do). I have had to watch as three people who are very important to me (a best friend, a girlfriend, and my own mother) forced themselves to forget every word I said so that they could go on living with the belief that life is hard. Life's a bitch, they think, a constant struggle. Well of course it is, if that's what they believe! It pained me to watch these three run away from happiness.

This is the anger I have, that I can change nothing.

I have but two friends, both the closest of friends, who know the answer that I know and live it. I am amazed that I have found them in life, and I doubt we will ever part ways because of this.

Ok so this post was probably the result of how hard I'm rolling right now  :smile:

Heed my words, and please learn to live peacefully!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant...) [Re: trendal]
    #926468 - 10/02/02 09:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I didnt read a single word of that

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #926501 - 10/02/02 09:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I read it...way to go trendal  :smirk: You rock for speaking up.  I feel the same way a lot of the time.  Angry because I don't think there's anything I can do to really affect some change 'round these parts.  But I realised that really all you need to do is make these changes in yourself, that you already have.  If you can do that, so can any one else, and they will.  :laugh:  Do what you can to show others the way, that is the most you can do for someone else.  They need to get it for themselves. 

J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant...) [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #926531 - 10/02/02 09:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes I have secretly been converting my friends to true happiness :-)

A rant here, a word there, it all sticks in their heads somewhere. And I can see it's working on many of them. Slower than I want it to...but it's making progress.

:smile:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineCHeeCHer
Silver searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: Chair
    #926635 - 10/02/02 10:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

damnit i wish i was rolling like he was .... but i totally agree with your post :smile:

--------------------
I'm like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant... [Re: trendal]
    #926643 - 10/02/02 10:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

> I have no enemies in life. No one I wish dead. No one I wish harm to.

Way to go! :laugh:

How true. I don't know why so many people in this world are so angry. Anger is like carrying around a sack of bricks. When it gets too heavy, you can always just set it down, and walk off... :smirk:

I prefer to try, and enjoy my life as much as possible. I know it's a lofty goal, but I still try...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :grin:

--------------------

J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant... [Re: Papaver]
    #926674 - 10/02/02 10:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

I prefer to try, and enjoy my life as much as possible. I know it's a lofty goal, but I still try...

Ahh but you see now papavar that is my point! It may be a lofty goal, but it's so easy to achieve it's silly :-)

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant... [Re: trendal]
    #926851 - 10/02/02 11:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

:grin: I know... I leanerned that somewhere -- I forget where -- along the line... :smirk: :wink:

--------------------

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant... [Re: trendal] * 1
    #926898 - 10/02/02 11:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I completely agree, Trendal ... that's how my opinion on EVERYTHING is ... whether I am talking about sex, religion, abortion, "good" music, WHATEVER ... I respect everybody's view on everything, so long as they don't try to push what they believe onto me ... or hurt me ... so long as we can coexist peacefully ...

Those who are insecure are always the ones who try to push their beliefs onto others or hurt people (physically or verbally) ... they feel they have to validate their ideas and existance by trying to make others believe it as well ...

OfflineSporecloud
fanatic

Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant... [Re: HB]
    #927975 - 10/03/02 07:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thats because they live thier lives based on fear instead of Love

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #5007739 - 12/02/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Bump cause Trendal is one eloquent motherfucker.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #5007762 - 12/02/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You remind me a lot of myself, trendal. I don't know if you consider that a good thing, a bad thing or something in between :lol:

I'm doing jackshit tonight... getting over a cold and trying to stay warm. I'm going to polish up on my chemistry and go to sleep. What a fucking amazing Friday night it's going to be.

BTW - the difference between you and me is that I no longer ponder such things. I've become apathetic. (I'm a failure :lol:)

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant...) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5007768 - 12/02/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Nice find :lol:

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #5007785 - 12/02/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Nice bump onemorerobot...I hadn't read this when trendal first posted it but I definitely agree...life can be easy or difficult...it's all in how you look at it.  I just wish more people would abide by the natural law you speak of.  :peace:

J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #5007789 - 12/02/05 06:10 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Wow man, there's a blast from the past! I'm trying to remember where I was in life, what state my head was in, when I wrote that.

I'd like to think I've been humbled at least a little since I wrote that. It seems to seethe with my own brand of egotism :crazy:

Instead of saying "I have the answer!" these days...I'll just say that my path is my own and I don't expect anyone to follow it.

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #5008656 - 12/02/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Personal Consciousness Evolution. :smile:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #5008722 - 12/02/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

We've forgotten our true nature, which is oneness. We're confused and we're too deeply immersed in the illusion of separation. We're so deeply immersed in our own egos that it's painful to think about the idea that we are both the ones doing the hurting as well as the hurt. Once you see another human as separate from yourself, you can justify doing anything bad to them unfortunately. It's tough to break free from the illusion of separateness.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (12/02/05 11:33 PM)

Offlineheadset
Stranger
    #5008726 - 12/02/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yes, trendal i was going to comment on your desiring your friends to to evolve a little bit quicker. it was definately an unconscious example of ego and energy games (probably many of us people on a path, have played when we were young.)

I felt the same as you then, and i feel the same as you know in a more humble position.

Right on. I love reading old writing and thinking about growth.

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant...) [Re: headset]
    #5011074 - 12/03/05 04:44 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Trendal, awesome post from back in the day.  I wish I knew you then just to see what you were like :smile:

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant...) [Re: trendal] * 1
    #15884614 - 03/01/12 06:00 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

wow :eek:

Almost a decade later...I've been near death, found my other half, had a son, got married, and who knows what else!

When reading my original post, I'm not filled with the nostalgia that I would expect! Why would I want to go back to that person? Was it really me? I still agree with most of what I said...perhaps not how I said it, but it still rings true to me.

The girlfriend I don't speak to. Not because of any animosity...I've just lost touch. The two friends that I mention are now unknown to me. I have my suspicions on who they are, but those two people are very far from me, now. One is in Australia, though I got to see him for a short visit over christmas. The other may be somewhere out west...I'm not sure though. I've only spoken to her a handful of times since late 2003. Something tells me I'm right, about who they are, and that they have remembered.

I have not said those words to anyone in many years. I live by example, and can only hope that some small part of who I am rubs off on those around me.

PS - thanks, LloydChristmas, your thread about reading old posts is a good one!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom