Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: alienbaby]
    #5001583 - 12/01/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

alienbaby said:
Ok and since bc is maoi the trip will be similar to my rue+shrooms trips? I think syrian rue makes the trip very diffrent and longer but i am more in control. I think rue is good to avoid a bad trip

Yes, that's the hypothesis. In my opinion, there's not enough data to confirm ANY of these claims though. Syrian Rue gives nausea and bad stomach ache and puking to some people though.

But yes, Syrian is a MAOI as it would be happening too with BC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: alienbaby]
    #5001618 - 12/01/05 08:36 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

alienbaby said:
Ok and since bc is maoi the trip will be similar to my rue+shrooms trips?

In fact, it should be harder, as we are considering the acidic effect which would yield more psilocin from psylocybin.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: infinitedot]
    #5002891 - 12/01/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

bump

:smile:

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #5003402 - 12/01/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Lol, I live in the sticks sigh. I did find black currant jelly though in the jelly aisle at the local grocery. Maybe I could mix up a few tablespoons with some lemon juice and soak my shroom powder. Gonna be awhile til my next trip, so I will keep looking for bc juice. Anybody tried St. John's Wort yet? I can get that easily.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #5005955 - 12/02/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Underhillmaster said:
Lol, I live in the sticks sigh. I did find black currant jelly though in the jelly aisle at the local grocery. Maybe I could mix up a few tablespoons with some lemon juice and soak my shroom powder. Gonna be awhile til my next trip, so I will keep looking for bc juice.

As you are already pretty well experienced with lemon juice, I'd suggest just using BC for the whole process, including soaking the mushrooms on BC juice, Underhillmaster.

Quote:

Anybody tried St. John's Wort yet? I can get that easily.

That should work as well. I'd have to find out what would be the best way to do it, as there are several factors there. i.e. concentration, time of consumption, quantity...and so on.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: infinitedot]
    #5005992 - 12/02/05 09:05 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

St. Johns Wort is a MAOI, its a mild MAOI, but one nonetheless.
I dont think BC Juice will give the same effect as Syrian Rue, they are both MAOI's, but Syrian Rue can be psychadelic on it's own - so you have the MAOI factof of the Rue going, however you also have the psychadelic expiernce of it going also - which will alter the mushroom trip aswell.

Offlineheavensgate
Stranger
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: kaniz]
    #5006032 - 12/02/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, so I'm supposed to be getting an 8th of mushrooms this weekend....

I've been thinking I will take 2.5 grams first normally...then try 1 gram with the black currant juice (assuming I can find it around here). I'm just concerned maybe the dose is too high/low, or maybe this method won't work at all, and I could have just had a normal 8th trip. I'll start looking around for the juice though...but looking for some input on the doses.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: kaniz]
    #5006242 - 12/02/05 10:45 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kaniz said:
St. Johns Wort is a MAOI, its a mild MAOI, but one nonetheless.
I dont think BC Juice will give the same effect as Syrian Rue, they are both MAOI's, but Syrian Rue can be psychadelic on it's own - so you have the MAOI factof of the Rue going, however you also have the psychadelic expiernce of it going also - which will alter the mushroom trip aswell.

That's right. We are talking about potentiation effect of MAOI by itself, in SJW. SJW is also easier to get than Syrian Rue.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #5006258 - 12/02/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

infinitedot said:
Quote:

Underhillmaster said:
Lol, I live in the sticks sigh. I did find black currant jelly though in the jelly aisle at the local grocery. Maybe I could mix up a few tablespoons with some lemon juice and soak my shroom powder. Gonna be awhile til my next trip, so I will keep looking for bc juice.

As you are already pretty well experienced with lemon juice, I'd suggest just using BC for the whole process, including soaking the mushrooms on BC juice, Underhillmaster.

I dunno if soaking ground up mushrooms in black currant juice would work properly in terms of potentiation from the MAOI.

I thought you had to take the MAOI a half hour to an hour before taking the mushrooms to get the proper effect.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: heavensgate]
    #5006268 - 12/02/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

heavensgate said:
Ok, so I'm supposed to be getting an 8th of mushrooms this weekend....

I've been thinking I will take 2.5 grams first normally...then try 1 gram with the black currant juice (assuming I can find it around here). I'm just concerned maybe the dose is too high/low, or maybe this method won't work at all, and I could have just had a normal 8th trip. I'll start looking around for the juice though...but looking for some input on the doses.

You might be a good experimenting subject indeed heavensgate.

I'd suggest taking 1.5 grs. soaking the mushrooms on lemon/lime juice for 15 mins. before ingestion.

Then, at least 2 weeks later, ideally 4, in order to avoid tolerance, use another 1.5 grs. following the whole standard procedure of the first post and just using BC, ingesting 750ml. 1 hour beforehand and soaking the mushrooms on BC juice 15 mins. before ingestion.

In both cases, grinding the mushrooms before soaking them, and in both cases with an empty stomach at least 8 hours before ingestion.

That would give a pretty good comparison of the effects between lemon and BC, as it's already been showed that acidity of lemon is enough to potentiate a trip. Now it takes testing if the acidity of BC is enough by itself as well. They work hypothesis is that the BC trip should be stronger than the lemon/lime one.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
    #5006274 - 12/02/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

infinitedot said:
Now it takes testing if the acidity of BC is enough by itself as well. They work hypothesis is that the BC trip should be stronger than the lemon/lime one.

And if it is shown that BC acidity isn't enough by itself to break the psilocybin into psilocin (my estimate is that it is), then BC+lemon/lime juice might be the ideal combination.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5006282 - 12/02/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
Quote:

infinitedot said:
Quote:

Underhillmaster said:

I dunno if soaking ground up mushrooms in black currant juice would work properly in terms of potentiation from the MAOI.

I thought you had to take the MAOI a half hour to an hour before taking the mushrooms to get the proper effect.

That's correct. It's 2 different actions with BC:
1) MAOI effect, drinking the juice 1 hour before mushrooms ingestion
2) Acidity of BC juice soaking the mushrooms 10-15 mins. before ingestion

As it's been already suggested:
Black Currant juice - pH ~2.7 - with Pectinex BE-3L Enzyme: 2.45
Lemon juice - pH 2.00-2.60
Lime juice - pH 2.00-2.35

The test now is to determin if a pH of ~2.7 is enough per se.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #5006309 - 12/02/05 11:17 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Underhillmaster said:
Ok, we have 3 major things going on with this MAIO/lemon/shroom combination.  First is the MAIO effect.  Second would be the acidity pre-converting psylocybin into psylocin.  Thirdly, and I do believe this has an effect, is the stomach enzyme/bioflavinoid/absorption increase.  Ideally, to maximize the potential of shrooms, all three factors should be adjusted.

This should obviously only be attempted responsibly as it could possibly get out of hand.  But the potential is quite amazing.  I have been shrooming for a long time, and now it seems like a whole new thing.  The mere possibility that you could take 2g and it feel like 20g makes taking too much very real.  So everyone be careful.

Totally spot on Underhillmaster.  :thumbup:

The bioflavonoids action on certain enzymes is the third factor here.

Kaempferol, as well as other bioflavonoids present in BC juice might very well be inhibiting the gut and liver cytochrome P450 enzymes, accounting for stronger effects. The high content of ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) might very well be playing an important role here as well.

As yousuck pointed,

"I think its been overlooked that fruitjuices that inhibit the CYP3A4 enzyme through bioflavinoid action in conjunction with other elements of powdering psychoactives within juices, potentiates mushrooms to a far greater degree than does maoi's like harmala."

That's why Black Currant juice seems to be such a good combination of MAOI, acidity, bioflavonoids and ascorbic acid, that might make it ideal to potentiate mushrooms up to a 10X.

More tests have to be done though, no conclusion can be drawn for sure, no matter how promising the theory might look until enough tests are done and that's the part where a community like this makes sense. Always with due care, of course, as this might lead to very strong trips, as it's been already shown by 2 persons, defining them as the hardest trips they've ever had. Let's be careful please.

Edited by infinitedot (12/02/05 11:20 AM)

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: infinitedot]
    #5006703 - 12/02/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have black currants in my freezer that ive grown in my garden this year, maybe I should try an experiment with them :smile: intresting thread

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: shamantra]
    #5006951 - 12/02/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shamantra said:
I have black currants in my freezer that ive grown in my garden this year, maybe I should try an experiment with them :smile: intresting thread

good good, pure black currants, ideal indeed...make sure you keep us informed  :wink:

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: infinitedot]
    #5007733 - 12/02/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

oh, my freinds, BC=lime juice IS the bet combo!

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#5017111 - 12/05/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well crap.

I checked one grocery store and they didn't have any black currant juice, at all.

I'm gonna check another one but if they don't have any then I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5018292 - 12/05/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

im telling you Tops is the only place that has it, i searched every grocery store in three different towns, to no avail untill i weant there

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: incubaby_421]
    #5018372 - 12/05/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well we don't have a 'Tops' here, so I dunno what I'm gonna do.

I wonder if there are any other types of places that might have black currant juice other than grocery stores.

Perhaps there are other common plants that contain quercitrin and quercetin.

Offlineheavensgate
Stranger
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5018528 - 12/05/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Try an "organic foods" store..."whole foods markets" things like that...

BTW, it doesn't look like I will be trying this, as the mushroom source fell through...but I am interested in the results.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates