Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBleaK
paradox
musical philosphy, duality, and the mechanisms of happiness
    #5005521 - 12/02/05 04:39 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

PRE-script; this post began as a reply to the ''I'm fucking bored with everything...." thread.

----------------------

i think;
happiness may be, a chemical condition.
at least in some integral part.
phyiscal exertion, has in my experience always led to satisfaction.
in the proper circumstances and applications, it may be possible to sustain a physical state of euphoria simply from a physical disipline.

satisfaction in consciousness is a different endevor.
intrigue is probably my greatest source of joy from a standpoint of consciousness, or mental phenomenon.
there seems to be an unending line of questions and possibilties steming consciousness and reality. althogh, it may be because of their circular nature.
which makes it somewhat frustrating at times.

this creates an endless realm of things to be learned and or discoverd.
there are types of mental disiplines that may have the same effects of euphoria as the physical.
my experience studying rythm comes to mind.
the feelings invoked when learning new patterns of kinetics and, combining new divisions of time are extremely intriguiging.

the term muscle memory now comes to mind,
i dont know where it originated, so i'll explain it in my example of this peticular mental discipline.

in my opinion, after almost 10 years of playing. the process of learning to play drums, is bassically phyisical conditioning, example being the actual development and refinement of the peticular muscles required for playing.
and simultaneously the muscle memory, and tied into that the, "limb independance" as drummers call it, which are what allow you to do many different motions at once, in a coordinated manner, without thinking about all of them at once.

its a practice of focus, a conceptual training.
at first you only try and do 1 or 2 or 3 things at a time. and they are all related to each other. you train each hand and foot independantly, and at the same time train them to work together.

after a long enough time you can train something to happen all by itself.
i have finnaly attained the ability to play with myself, in a new way i mean...
my right arm, and my left foot, have almost total independance in relation to and of my other 3 limbs.
my right arm and left foot, have become trained to keep time entirely on their own. so that my other limbs can play. and i stress that term "play" because thats the contrast against the pulse that is kept by one of my other limbs.

eventually rythm plays itself it almost seems. the highest level of musical enjoyment comes from letting go of your expectations, and essentially your image of what you think it should be sounding like. this is because the act of playing music requires such focus. its about being as grounded as possible in "the now".
you must be simultaniously experiencing and participating in the act of creation, optimally in equal parts.

creativity is exploration; in music, of new feelings, of new textures, new ways of creating tension or suspense, and also resolution and cohesion.

so music is symbolic duality in a malleable form, prospectivly in whatever form we want.

there are two types of conceptual, or psychological/mental, happiness that i reckognize to be come from music.
one being the euphoria caused by intense focus on motor processes on multiple levels at once. actually quite simmilar to the euphoria of phyiscal exertion, and in the case of drumming, they are combined.
and the other being the ability to somewhat surrender when playing with other musicians.
you can start something, and once its going, just listen to it, and, at that point your playing along. your not entirely creating, your listening and following.
this is almost an act of surrendering to an entity greater than yourself. or at least an idea greater than any of yours. because it is a compilation or a communion, in some conceptual plane of space/time, of you and all the other musicians who are also listening to this entity.

what it becomes under ideal circumstances has never failed to amaze and intrigue and inspire me.

so this mechanism of happiness i describe is also dualistic in nature.
based on tension, and release, focus, and relaxation, exertion, and rest.
this cycle in willfull, and playfull ways, that are conducive to health and intrigue is my fullest understanding of happiness to date.

in wat has probably been my most optimisic moment i can think of in history.
i speculate that happiness, in its tangible sense, that you can "feel", is a mechanism that can be operated with the proper knowlage, will, and probably a pinch of humor.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Edited by BleaK (12/02/05 04:48 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: musical philosphy, duality, and the mechanisms of happiness [Re: BleaK]
    #5008573 - 12/03/05 12:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

without exercise a heart atrophies like any other muscle

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: musical philosphy, duality, and the mechanisms of happiness [Re: crunchytoast]
    #5008872 - 12/03/05 02:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

crunchytoast said:
without exercise a heart atrophies like any other muscle

Is your heart not doing enough pumping of blood? :confused:

:lol:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology