Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Problems with Malabar
    #5000350 - 11/30/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hello.

I've been doing PF style jars. I got syringes of B+, GT, Mazatapec and Malabar. I've had good success with everything but the Malabar. I did some jars with BRF and some with Rye flour. The Malabar spores, inoculated into the rye flour jars, germinated just fine, good healthy rhyzomorphs after day 3, but then it stopped growing.

I'm incubating at 84 degrees F, I'm almost positive the moisture level is good, if not spot on. After 3 weeks, the mycelium still looks very white and quite healthy, but it's going no where. The BRF jars I inoculated with Malabar are several days from birthing, but were the slowest out of the bunch.

The Golden Teachers did fine in both BRF and rye. The B+ was much slower to colonize BRF, but the B+ in rye was ready before anything else, I got full colonization in just over 2 weeks. But my Malabar is sooo slow in BRF and hasn't made any progress other than germination in rye.

So what's up? Is Malabar just a picky shroom?

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomr4life
Re: Problems with Malabar [Re: Rahz]
    #5000790 - 11/30/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well heres my malabar and cambodian. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ae86c995f9d0224 neither seemed to give me much trouble. i must admit the cyans do need a colder incubation temp for that mycelium. the malabar are the more plentiful full pan. the cambo's are the big closed thick ones. best of luck

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problems with Malabar [Re: Rahz]
    #5001262 - 12/01/05 01:51 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I've always had an easy time with the Malabar strain.

Your Malabar stalling is a sign that something isn't right...though.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder