Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblejanuary77
Wake Up America!!!!
    #499791 - 12/24/01 12:21 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

What do you think of this>?
Does it make you mad?
Does it make you laugh?
Does it make you think?

--------------------
America is not innocent

Edited by january77 (12/24/01 12:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
Re: Wake Up America!!!! [Re: january77]
    #499834 - 12/24/01 01:05 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i think sometimes that democracy is a bad system. it doesn't serve the purpose it is supposed to; we certainly do *not* have an equal say in our government, yeah its a representative democracy, but all it represents, if anything, is the opinions of the elite who manipulate the majority to mindlessly accept their goals. the checks and balances don't work because you can't control the influences of, say, corporations and bankers, over the lawmakers, no matter how hard you try. so the whole purpose of democracy, which is to protect us from ourselves by preventing corrupt people from holding a large amount of power over us, hasn't worked at all. however i think most of the reason our democracy has become a farce is because of this laissez-faire capitalist ideology we have. we need to re-evaluate our priorities, change our focus from the welfare of the economy to the welfare of the people. a good economy doesn't imply a happy, free people, and in the same way, a poor economy doesn't imply a miserable, oppressed people. that's just what the power mongerers want us to think.

if you look at, say, china, they've never, ever had anything even resembling a democracy. they have always had totalitarian governments. at first this seems like an outdated, poor, oppressive system. yes it certainly can be oppressive, i don't care too much for china's current government at all. but... with the right people in control.... with society teaching its people the right values... isn't it plausible that, if an intelligent person is raised from childhood in a loving family, taught a philosophy similar to buddhism, and told that they are meant to be a leader and it is their purpose in this life to create the most positive environment for their people, that they would do a much better, more rational and compassionate job than someone who has struggled their whole life and been forced to compromise many of their values and compete with corrupt people in order to get a position of control where they *still* can't really follow their true values? it may also allow the people he rules to prioritize their desires, and get more enjoyment out of their simple jobs, not having all kinds of desires to influence their government. there also wouldn't be as many deceptions and manipulations by people trying to influence society, as we get here.

but then again i'm probably wrong. i despise politics. why can't we all just say what we really think?

i think the important thing to remember is that we are born into this world a blank slate, all we know is all we've experienced, and all we think is all we've been able to think of based on the experiences we've had. and this is how our perspective, our reality, is formed - how we interpret what we've experienced. sounds redundant, but we manifest our own individual realities into our collective reality. america gives us some pretty fuckin selfish, distorted perspectives.
i'm tired.
ok bye.

--------------------
---

OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
Re: Wake Up America!!!! [Re: Amoeba665]
    #499840 - 12/24/01 01:12 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i got veins bulging inside of me
there's no reins can stop my kickstart
i got brains ticking inside of me
while all around it crumbles apart

burn, burn babylon burn

i don't make cash from rebellion
i don't charge for words from my heart
i call the shots, ten out of ten again
i saw it all right from the start

burn, burn babylon burn
burn, burn, burn

so wake up, wake up, children, wake up, wake up

i see fire brought by the winds of change
a new crop, fresh from the soil
i'm all wired, fired up for better days
we'll see stars through the smoke screen once more

burn, burn babylon, burn
burn, burn, burn

so wake up, wake up, children, wake up, wake up

-pop will eat itself "burn babylon burn"

--------------------
---

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Wake Up America!!!! [Re: Amoeba665]
    #499999 - 12/24/01 10:31 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

We were separate at birth ;)
I just wish everybody had the inteligence and skill to reevaluate some of their values, this democratic system fails by forcing its people to take sides, we had allways the need to stand up and praise a flag, a politic party, an idiology or a religion. When i think about the need to stand up and praise those values i think about imposed values, why do we have to follow them ? Why don't we analize that need ?
Consider your knowlodge as a room with a wall separating the room and a door on that wall. Our mind is pushed and pulled from side to side like the swinging door, on each side you see the other side of the door, you can reach the conclusion that you like better one of thoses sides and stay there, but when you choose to close the door to the other side you loose sight of half of reality, why ? Fear of knowing that the truth to some questions might be on the other side, so you grab a key and close it for good and then rest in only one side. Man has to decide not only to leave the door open and walk and understand both sides but also he has to completly destroy that wall.
Anyway, the system perpetuates it self by imposing those values over and over to the next generation, then the system tries to control individuals knowlodge by not letting individuals jump out of this values. The problem is that in the last century most values have been controled by manipulating people with enough power to make you believe they are right, so they subvert and change some parameters on those values, so the question is, how much do you let others control you ?

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Wake Up America!!!! [Re: january77]
    #500161 - 12/24/01 02:29 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

This thread has been cross-posted in more then four forums. If you are interested in participating, you can do it in Political Discussion.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order