Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Lets talk aliens
    #4998252 - 11/30/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

When is our species going to make contact??!! I'm tired of waiting.

I think that there are billions of alien species out there. In all shapes and forms (and lack thereof). I have the sneaking suspicioun that aliens are everywhere. I have even wondered if I have already made contact with aliens through my mind, like in dreams and stuff. Thought can travel through space so quickly!

I can not comment on whether or not the government knows anything about aliens. But I'm keeping my eye on them. Chances are they know something small about aliens, like having already made contact with an alien species. But I can't comment...

What do you think??

Damn it! We need warp technology! Then we could explore more outer space and visit other galaxies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Lets talk aliens [Re: MOTH]
    #4998334 - 11/30/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Tried of waiting? For what? For something to save you/us? Life is so fucking interesting that I think the aliens are already here. They is us. :grin: :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Lets talk aliens [Re: Icelander]
    #4998393 - 11/30/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm waiting to make contact! To have confirmation of an alien species! Like, imagine if we picked up a radio transmission from space and it was confirmed to be an alien signal. That would be world-changing. Suddenly, we humans would realize that we're not alone in the universe after all. Many questions would be answered, and just as many would need to be asked.

Maybe I'm overestimating how much people would give a shit...but *I* would certainly care. It gives fodder for my mind, another step in the ladder of knowledge. To "know" through some sort of physical evidence that sentient life developed on a planet other then Earth would be AWESOME for us as a species. I think it would escalate something big in world consciousness. Because how can a human mind not help but expand at proof of alien life? Unless the person squashes it of course, but anyway.

It would be exciting. And of course we're aliens. To other aliens.

Invisiblepeepeepottypants
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4998436 - 11/30/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I was talking with someone in one of my classes, and he had an interesting theory on aliens. He believed that are already here, its just that that exist partially in dimensions we cannot percieve.

He felt that ghosts and strange occurances often were a defense mechanism of aliens already studying us.

I dont know how valid this is, seeing as I'm still learning about other dimensions, but i found it to be a rather interesting theory

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Lets talk aliens [Re: peepeepottypants]
    #4998459 - 11/30/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

peepeepottypants said:
I was talking with someone in one of my classes, and he had an interesting theory on aliens. He believed that are already here, its just that that exist partially in dimensions we cannot percieve.

He felt that ghosts and strange occurances often were a defense mechanism of aliens already studying us.

I dont know how valid this is, seeing as I'm still learning about other dimensions, but i found it to be a rather interesting theory

I think he may be right!

Do you know that we cannot see 90% of the universe?

Scientists call the stuff we can't see "Dark matter."

And they don't know what it is!

I wonder what that dark matter is...matter from invisible alien dimensions, maybe?

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4998466 - 11/30/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well it would be exciting for awhile of course. But after that the dishes and am I happy? And if not, why not would still be waiting.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4998473 - 11/30/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Quote:

peepeepottypants said:
I was talking with someone in one of my classes, and he had an interesting theory on aliens.  He believed that are already here, its just that that exist partially in dimensions we cannot percieve. 

I think he may be right!

Do you know that we cannot see 90% of the universe? 

Scientists call the stuff we can't see "Dark matter." 

And they don't know what it is! 

I wonder what that dark matter is...matter from invisible alien dimensions, maybe?

I have heard this theory and I kind of like it. :thumbup:

--------------------

Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Lets talk aliens [Re: Icelander]
    #4998492 - 11/30/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I like it as well, I just do not know how I would percieve the idea of ghosts or spirits then.

Does this mean they dont exist, if not, how do you differentiate

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
    #4998555 - 11/30/05 01:30 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yea, but it would be great to have real conformation.
To where nobody could say that they don't believe in aliens because its a known fact, and everybody has seen them.

I think thats what he's waiting for.
Thats what Im waiting for.

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4998556 - 11/30/05 01:30 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Ghosts or spirits could be bleed through. Or they could be evidence that death is an illusion. I'm not smart. Don't ask me too much. :grin:

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4998557 - 11/30/05 01:30 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hello :thirdeyeani:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
Re: Lets talk aliens [Re: barfightlard]
    #4999058 - 11/30/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

ever since i gained knowledge of the 'string theory' ive been open to the possibility of other dimensions. but what role aliens play in those dimensions i have no fucking idea.

one thing to keep in mind tho is how far another habitable planet would be from earth, and the time it would take to travel from there, even at the speed of light.. i remember my science teacher talking about this one day but i cant recall the rough estimate he gave.

anyways, heres another interesting thing i just found: Panspermia

gotta love wikipedia :laugh:

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Lets talk aliens [Re: krishnamurti]
    #4999094 - 11/30/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I intend to finish Elegent Universe when the semester is over. String theory is neat...but im no science wiz, so learning about it is a process of breaking my brain and mending it over and over again

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #4999178 - 11/30/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i dont give a shit if aliens exist or not. I mean, i know that life exists throughout the galaxy, and there are probably millions upon millions of species out there... maybe many intelligent ones as well. but they are out there, we are here, and quite frankly, i dont understand the perverse obsession with waiting or looking for them.

we havent even learned to make peace with our own species yet, let alone the thousands of other living species on our planet. I mean, we cant even breach the communication gap between us and intelligent species like orangutangs, dolphins and whales.

how could meeting another intelligent species NOT be a total disaster?

we havent made peace with ourselves, with our neighbours, with other life, or with our planet. we are NOT ready to enter any galactic community, and any species smart enough to be watching us right now knows that and is staying out of sight and gunshot range.

you want the aliens to come? then work on making your own life impeccale and making this planet somewhere worth visiting.

You want contact with metaphysical beings? lucid dream, smoke salvia, do some DMT, meditate, astral project, or have OBE's/

all those things are in our power, but making the aliens hurry up is not.

If you keep waiting on something out there, youll be waiting forever,

cuz its all in you man.

peace

:rocket:

edit: er... i mean, woman.

:grin:

anyways, dont mean to be harsh, but did you know that there are dozens of ways to contact non human non physical entities without waiting helplessly for htem to come to us?

i mentioned some of them above. of course, one could theorize that dream characters, astral entities and psychadelic beings are all just parts of our own mind, but that makes no functional differance because they are parts of our own mind previously never explored or contacted, so they are still totally ALIEN to your own conciousness.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Edited by Moonshoe (11/30/05 04:09 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Lets talk aliens [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4999231 - 11/30/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I guess I watch too much Star Trek.

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Lets talk aliens [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4999897 - 11/30/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
i dont give a shit if aliens exist or not. I mean, i know that life exists throughout the galaxy, and there are probably millions upon millions of species out there... maybe many intelligent ones as well. but they are out there, we are here, and quite frankly, i dont understand the perverse obsession with waiting or looking for them.

we havent even learned to make peace with our own species yet, let alone the thousands of other living species on our planet. I mean, we cant even breach the communication gap between us and intelligent species like orangutangs, dolphins and whales.

how could meeting another intelligent species NOT be a total disaster?

we havent made peace with ourselves, with our neighbours, with other life, or with our planet. we are NOT ready to enter any galactic community, and any species smart enough to be watching us right now knows that and is staying out of sight and gunshot range.

you want the aliens to come? then work on making your own life impeccale and making this planet somewhere worth visiting.

You want contact with metaphysical beings? lucid dream, smoke salvia, do some DMT, meditate, astral project, or have OBE's/

all those things are in our power, but making the aliens hurry up is not.

If you keep waiting on something out there, youll be waiting forever,

cuz its all in you man.

peace

:rocket:

edit: er... i mean, woman.

:grin:

anyways, dont mean to be harsh, but did you know that there are dozens of ways to contact non human non physical entities without waiting helplessly for htem to come to us?

i mentioned some of them above. of course, one could theorize that dream characters, astral entities and psychadelic beings are all just parts of our own mind, but that makes no functional differance because they are parts of our own mind previously never explored or contacted, so they are still totally ALIEN to your own conciousness.

:thumbup:

:heart:

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #5000495 - 11/30/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Strange. Sudden talk of Aliens AND a new sig.

Hmmmmm.

Could someone have been abducted and implanted recently????

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#5000700 - 11/30/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
When is our species going to make contact??!! I'm tired of waiting.

I think that there are billions of alien species out there. In all shapes and forms (and lack thereof). I have the sneaking suspicioun that aliens are everywhere. I have even wondered if I have already made contact with aliens through my mind, like in dreams and stuff. Thought can travel through space so quickly!

I can not comment on whether or not the government knows anything about aliens. But I'm keeping my eye on them. Chances are they know something small about aliens, like having already made contact with an alien species. But I can't comment...

What do you think??

Damn it! We need warp technology! Then we could explore more outer space and visit other galaxies.

smoke dmt

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Lets talk aliens [Re: Vvellum]
    #5000986 - 11/30/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

"All you do is inhale deeply three times... You want contact? You want elves? You want alien intelligence?... You'll have them coming out the kazoooo." - Terence Mckenna

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

OfflineIdiot
I Am Moron!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 41.90231, 12.45390 Flag
Re: Lets talk aliens [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #5001173 - 12/01/05 01:01 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

im kind of a self proclaimed alien/space x-pert.....im not crazy and have been abducted before or had a close encounter or whatever but i have watched a bunch of sweet ass documentaries about it. trustworthy, hopefully.

its not likely that aliens have contacted earth or ever will. the highest speed obtainable is the speed of light, any higher and, well imagine. that's bad cause the nearest alain solar system is around four and a half light years away (zoom in). so that would mean that it even if we could reach light speed, witch is most likely impossible, it would still take four years to get there. and when we get there there will be no habitable planet, most likely. with that travel time it would take aliens a while to travel, or even find the correct direction to go.

dark matter can not be seen by humans, the only way they know it exists is by its gravitational effect on visible objects. so the explanation might be just a abnormality in gravitation, a ball of gravity, which puts a small wobble on nearby planets or stars.

the only really cool thing is the most commonly known thing, black holes. they are old stars that have grown so dense that they just continuously collapse on themselves making the gravity of the black hole have a really strong effect on nearby stars. in fact this is the only way we can see them, so in theory that means there could be a black hole out in empty space because it has eaten up everything in its gravitational field, the only way we can see that is if it passes in front of a far away cluster of stars which most likely wouldn't be for long.

Also the earth is in a very special location in its orbit, a few hundred thousand miles inward or outward would make earth almost uninhabitable. too close and the solar radiation would be so strong from the sun that our atmosphere wouldn't be able to block it nether will our gravity field. so the earth would bake. too far and it gets to cold to keep water in liquid form, and without liquid water nothing would have been able to grow and evolve. so the earth would freeze.

--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Edited by Idiot (12/01/05 01:08 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order