Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
poll ..political impact of upcoming 9/11 films...
    #4986028 - 11/27/05 11:39 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

will the series of upcoming 9/11 films swing the 2006 election to the GOP?...
You may choose only one
are they (at least in part) meant to do so?...
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (11/27/05 11:39 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: poll ..political impact of upcoming 9/11 films... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4986153 - 11/27/05 12:32 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

at the risk of sounding like a looney conspiracy theorist..i would have to say that this is a flagrant attempt by the so-called "liberal media" consortium to shove the GOP 9/11 gold card in the voters' face heading into the 2006 election..at a time when the public is finally beginning to wise up to them...

the timing itself is a dead giveaway..and this positively begs the question of why ppl will simply watch the films and allow the old wounds to be reopend (several times during the 2006 campaign)..and miss the timing factor altogether...

moreover..it would be difficult even for afool (who..BTW..need not respond to this thead) to argue that since 9/11..the media has been unflinchingly pro-bush...IMAO..this is because apocalyptic..sci-fi neocon war propaganda makes for good entertainment (read .."cash cow") on the one hand..and continuing one-party GOP rule guarentees their corporate interests (ie deregulation) on the other...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4986169 - 11/27/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
at the risk of sounding like a looney conspiracy theorist..

:rotfl:

Most ironic comment of the year.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #4986590 - 11/27/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

..it would be difficult even for afool (who..BTW..need not respond to this thead) to argue that since 9/11..the media has been unflinchingly pro-bush

It seems that might be changing a little lately.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: poll ..political impact of upcoming 9/11 films... [Re: 1stimer]
    #4986695 - 11/27/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

thats true...but my hunch (and this is strictly a hunch) is that the media would rather not have it that way..since the lockstep war propaganda mode proved so lucrative until now...my fear is that it may do so again as these films rekindle rage and revenge amongst a large audience...

--------------------

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

#4987031 - 11/27/05 05:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I saw something on TV last night about flight 93. It seems the fact that they could contact people on the ground through cell phones (and find out what the plane was being used for) is the reason they fought back and made the plane crash. Its nice to know some people will stand up and fight Islamic terrorists.

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

#4987040 - 11/27/05 05:07 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

FAA PROFILING:

FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION TRANSPORTATION SECURITY SCREENER ATTITUDE ASSESSMENT …
To insure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport screeners will not be allowed to profile people. They will continue random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, Secret Service agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning former state Governors.
In accordance with this policy, Transportation Security Screener applicants are being asked to take the following test, which will ensure that employees do not harbor hidden biases that could lead to unfortunate assumptions:

--- In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, Israeli athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:
a. Olga Corbutt
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwartzeneger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

--- In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

--- During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

--- In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera making up for a slow news day
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

--- In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered in his wheelchair and thrown overboard by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davy Jones
c. The Little Mermaid
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

--- In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver was murdered by:
a. Captain Kid
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

--- In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

--- In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

--- In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton
c. The World Wrestling Federation

--- On 9/11/2001, four airliners were hijacked and destroyed and thousands of people were murdered by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wile E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd
b. Florida's Governor Jeb Bush
c. Mr. Bean

--- In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

--- In 2002 four French journalists, including one woman, were dragged from their cars near the Pakistan border with Afghanistan, taken behind some rocks, and shot to death by:
a. Gang Green's front four
b. Barney
c. The Smashing Pumpkins

--- In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonny and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham

--- American Airlines Flight 63 from Paris to Miami on December 22, 2001 had a passenger with a ‘Shoe Bomb’ who tried to blow up the plane but was over powered and captured by passengers was:
a. A distraught Al Gore gone radical 1960’s hippie mental
b. Monica Lewinsky who said she was tired of hearing Bill play the Saxophone
c. Donald Rumsfeld
d. Richard Colvan Reid a.k.a. Tariq Rajah a.k.a. Abdel Rahim, a typical useless low life cowardly radical Muslim asshole caught and convicted of this crime

--- In May 2004 American Businessman Nicholas Evan Berg was captured in Iraq and beheaded by:
a. The French Foreign Legion using a guillotine under direct orders from President Jacques Chirac
b. A wild band of crazy Japanese Samurai Warriors
c. A Philippine Truck Driver who rig ran out of control
d. Committed by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of an Islamist (Muslim) terrorist group which is part of al-Qaida operating inside Iraq

Now, please review your answers according to the following key:
‘D’ – as in all answers are ‘D’

If you answered any of the questions incorrectly, please go to the following link and immediately apply for an airport screening position ... http://www.tsa.dot.gov/

--------------------
http://www.yourewelcomeeverybody.com/gallery.php

http://www.grouchymedia.com/

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

Re: poll ..political impact of upcoming 9/11 films... [Re: Los_Pepes]
    #4987046 - 11/27/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4987986 - 11/27/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

IMO this movie will have some "political impact"

i predict a Blockbuster.

Willis film to show diehard GIs 'fighting for freedom'

November 28, 2005
ANGERED by negative portrayals of the Iraq conflict, actor Bruce Willis is to make a pro-war film in which US soldiers will be depicted as brave fighters for freedom and democracy.

It will be based on the exploits of the heavily decorated members of Deuce Four, the 1st Battalion, 24th Infantry, which has spent the past year battling insurgents in the northern Iraqi town of Mosul.

Willis attended Deuce Four's homecoming ball this month in Seattle, Washington, where the soldiers are on leave, along with Stephen Eads, the producer of Willis's films Armageddon and The Sixth Sense.

The 50-year-old actor said he was in talks about a film of "these guys who do what they are asked to for very little money to defend and fight for what they consider to be freedom". Unlike many Hollywood stars, Willis supports the war and recently offered a $US1million ($1.35million) bounty for the capture of any of al-Qa'ida's most-wanted leaders such as Osama bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri or Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, its commander in Iraq. Willis visited the war zone with his rock and blues band, the Accelerators, in 2003.

"I am baffled to understand why the things I saw happening in Iraq are not being reported," he told MSNBC, the US news channel.

He is expected to base the film on the writings of the independent blogger Michael Yon, a former special forces green beret who was embedded with Deuce Four and sent regular dispatches about their heroics.

Yon was at the soldiers' ball with Willis, who got to know him through his internet war reports on a blog site. "What he is doing is something the American media and maybe the world media isn't doing," the actor said, "and that's telling the truth about what's happening in the war in Iraq."

Willis is likely to take on the role of the unit's commander, Lieutenant-Colonel Erik Kurilla, 39, a Bruce Willis lookalike except with more hair, a chest full of medals and a glamorous blonde wife.

He was injured in August after being shot three times by insurgents "in front of my eyes", Yon recorded in his blog: "He continued to direct his men until a medic gave him morphine and the men took him away."

Kurilla now has a titanium plate in his leg. He met Willis at the ball and said his men were "very excited and appreciative that he was there". "

Deuce Four has a chequered history. For decades it was a segregated black unit commanded by a white officer. It was disbanded in 1951 but veterans felt hurt that its past was considered to be a stain on the army and it was revived in the mid-1990s.

When the battalion arrived in Mosul in November last year the city was under threat from insurgents. "We faced very heavy fighting for about three months," Kurilla recalled.

"Every patrol was making contact with enemy forces. We would hit them where they slept, where they worked and where they ate."

Today the picture was very different, he said. "I have watched a city that was in absolute chaos turn into one that has a viable Iraqi security force, which is taking the lead in fighting the terrorists."

Yon, 41, went to Iraq after a friend from high school, Scott Helveston, a former navy Seal, was hanged from a bridge in Fallujah in an incident that shocked the world. Yon had never blogged before but was the author of Danger Close, a book about his experience as a green beret when he killed a man in a bar-room brawl. He was charged with murder and acquitted on the grounds of self-defence.

"When I landed in Baghdad I was immediately struck by how much of a war zone it was," Yon said. "Explosions were going off constantly. It was full-on."

His first experience of Mosul was worse: "I got attacked on my first mission. One of our vehicles got hit with a car bomb and three guys were killed."

In May, Yon took a photograph of a soldier from the Deuce Four cradling a little Iraqi girl who had been fatally wounded by a suicide bomber. He sensed that the inhabitants of Mosul were turning against the insurgents.

"People began to realise that all the insurgents ever did was break things and kill people," he said.

"It started to switch from a firefight to an intelligence war. People started to talk more to us. They would pull us over and give us tips."

The Iraqi security forces began to take pride in their work, Yon added: "These guys were getting slaughtered but they continued to volunteer and fight. It's very dangerous now to be a terrorist in Mosul. They're still out there but it's not like it was."

Willis said it would be wrong for Americans to give up on Iraq just as progress was being made.

"The Iraqi people want to live in a world where they can move from their homes to the market and not have to fear being killed," he said. "I mean, doesn't everybody want that?"

The Sunday Times

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17383054%255E31477,00.html

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: poll ..political impact of upcoming 9/11 films... [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4991188 - 11/28/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

2006 election?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: poll ..political impact of upcoming 9/11 films... [Re: leery11]
    #4991248 - 11/28/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I hope so. And I hope the left counters with anti-war protesters outside of the theaters.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: poll ..political impact of upcoming 9/11 films... [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4992175 - 11/28/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
at the risk of sounding like a looney conspiracy theorist..

:rotfl:

Most ironic comment of the year.

at the risk? thats pathetic. speak your godamn mind you weaklings

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
    #4992394 - 11/28/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
at the risk of sounding like a looney conspiracy theorist..i would have to say that this is a flagrant attempt by the so-called "liberal media" consortium to shove the GOP 9/11 gold card in the voters' face heading into the 2006 election..at a time when the public is finally beginning to wise up to them...

the timing itself is a dead giveaway..and this positively begs the question of why ppl will simply watch the films and allow the old wounds to be reopend (several times during the 2006 campaign)..and miss the timing factor altogether...

That's not it.....remember the always evil Bush regime is currently plotting another inside terrorist attack before the elections to help get them more votes. At least that is what my loony Leftist co-worker keeps espousing.

:rolleyes:

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #4994121 - 11/29/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

That's just great, more fucking lies to be spread to the masses and intended to be taken as truth.

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
    #4997858 - 11/30/05 09:55 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

When you say "swing the election", do you mean "swing the vote" or "swing the result"? In the US, those two tend to be increasingly less related as of late...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order