Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Psilocybe cubensis var. Red Spore 0.5 Fruiting Pics *DELETED*
    #4982271 - 11/26/05 03:51 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Grimocin

Reason for deletion: hfhd

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe cubensis var. Red Spore 0.5 Fruiting Pics [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #4982274 - 11/26/05 03:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Grimocin said:
when they are mature prints will be taken, only the red prints will be kept, and the normal purple prints will be thrown away as using them will only degrade the red spore trait.

you should also keep a couple of the purple prints in order to see what can carry
through with the genetics, if the trait can skip a generation or two it's nice info to have

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4982277 - 11/26/05 04:09 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

true, i may keep a purple print or two, just for test runs etc, i plan on growing only these red's for awhile to see if i can get a 100% red spore traited isolation.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #4982962 - 11/26/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

would you post a pic of the red spore print you made plz ?

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Psilocybe cubensis var. Red Spore 0.5 Fruiting Pics [Re: Hippie3]
    #4982995 - 11/26/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yeah that would be nice hippie and make sure to show it to pf (don't know).

:peace:

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybe cubensis var. Red Spore 0.5 Fruiting Pics [Re: backupwards]
    #4984058 - 11/26/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

unfortunately the single print is in my collection file cabinet, which is in my old storage unit in another town. i tend to only keep a couple of syringes in the house at any given time.

i will however post picks of the prints from the current mushies when they mature, and i will be cutting one print into strips and distributing them to qualified members of the shroomery. if anyone would like to get the spores i BELIEVE (i'm not sure tho as i havent checked) that the FMRC has them in stock.

i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post the fmrc since they arent a sponsor, if i'm not allowed i'll remove that part of the post.

To Hippie and backup : if you would like a 1cc sample of red spore trait carrying spores PM me with an address and they'll be sent out monday.

the PF Red Spore was a random occurence in PF's lab. Probably due to the same cause of the Pf Albinos (UV Light).
The Psilocybe cubensis var. Red Spore 1/2 Gene Pool was found in the wild in Florida about 20 years ago. The PF red spore has more "fawn" (rusty-brownish-red) spores, while the "Redboy" 1/2 Red Spore has a more dark "red" color to them.

please remember the Redboy is a cross between the original florida red spore and the p.cubensis puerto rican strain.this was done by removing the cell wall of the "dead" redboy spores with snake venom then allowing NON-Paired (monokaryotic) mycelium of the puerto rican to grow over the redboy spores. since the cell walls were dissolved the PR coulkd then exchange dna with the dna released from the red spores and a diakaryotic(sp?) mycelium formed. clamp connections were verified under the scope, and the original monokaryotic(sp?) PR dish was re-checked and NO clamp connections were found under the scope.
might be hard to believe but i believe it, mostly cuz i've seen how similiar this strain is to the PR when grown, same fast colonization and VERY RHIZO. its a slow fruiter (so is the PR) in my opinion compared to PESA and B+. however i've never seen a PR with reddish spores. anyways i'll post pics as they get taken.

my next grow will be of Lepiota memorii , which supposedly forms sclerotia that bruise yellow then deep orange and contains some unnamed alkaloid that brings back old/forgotten memories. i'mma try my hand at growing the sclerotia and bioassaying them. about 2 months ago i drank HEAVILY at a party and took 4 pills of Halcion(triazolam 0.25mg pills) and i still havent remembered a good 4/5 of that night. gonna see if i can get some of those memories back by trying these Lepiota's.

anyways, i'll be posting short threads about alot of "un-common" fungi over the next few months. i want to do more than just grow cubes, and i think i could help debunk some of the crap that floats on the net.

is Lepiota humei actually active?

does Pan subbalteatus actually have the WIDE range of chemicals that Peele suggest?

will blacklight exposure (only a few hours a week) over many generations produce albino strains and/or colorless spores etc?

but i'm ranting now...........

so the question is... "Is the Redboy a real "new strain" created by crossing 2 different strains?"

Answer: YES, and the next few days should prove it as the mushies mature and spore prints are taken.

p.s.
today a found a new pin poking out from under the cake,upon lifting the cake to get a better look i found that it has a VERY pointed cap, much more dark red cap color and a more white stipe, the others have light tan stipes. i'll take pics when it emerges enough from under the cake to get a good pic of it.

--------------------

Edited by Grimocin (11/26/05 06:32 PM)

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4984082 - 11/26/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

familiar with the process that RR went through to achieve the redboy, well have read my issue of the TEO anyway as well as all the postings here and at mycotopia on the subject. as well as pf's stuff and capt max and the oh canada strain.

also the redboy sample I received did not have any resemblance of red/fawn to its spores. did yours? or did they show after growing out?
planning on getting them started soon (when the space becomes available).

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybe cubensis var. Red Spore 0.5 Fruiting Pics [Re: backupwards]
    #4985194 - 11/26/05 11:55 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

the spore print i had was a light fawn color, however due to the light print it was hard to tell but it definetly wasnt purple-brown. since they are growing now i'm sure its a cube. the print i got was on thin paper and most of my syringes of the spores are just clouded with paper filaments that hide the spore color. the print i got from the first fruits seemed a darker red than the print i was sent. RR even stated that they had 2 isolates, named Redboy 1 and Redboy 2. Number 2 had the darker spores and were the ones distributed with the TEO issue. i'm not sure which i was given, but considering some of the teo samples were from an outdoor grow and so was mine i believe i was sent the same sample as the FMRC got.

i havent read much about the Oh Canada , however!! i have a cake of it in the terrarium with the redboy, it went in 4 days ago and hasnt pinned yet, i'll post if the Oh Canada has reddish spores. i can say the oh canada took 5 weeks to colonize a 1/2 pint jar (1/2 cup verm, 1/8 wheat flour, 1/8 ground flax seed, 1/4 water) while the redboy tore thru it in under 2 weeks.

i'll post pics of the redboy prints on tues or wedn, and i'll post pics of ALL the oh canada prints once they have grown to maturity and have been printed.

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4985542 - 11/27/05 04:00 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

groovy, can't wait to see. interesting enough that the oh canada will grow at very low temps but if it does indeed have fawn/red spores then that will be a bonus.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#4985636 - 11/27/05 06:57 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i'd gladly compensate you for a full print, i'd like to compare it to the ones i already have in stock.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4986753 - 11/27/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

does anyone have fruiting pics of the Oh Canada? just wondering because the pic they have at TSL doesnt look like a cube at all.......

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4992611 - 11/29/05 12:25 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

ok, well the biggest fruit is almost ready to print. on a diff note, i printed a few costa ricans today!

back to the topic at hand.
i looked at my Oh Canada syringe closely, as it is cystal clear no clumps in it. i noticed that it had an orangy smear on the inside of the syringe, so i'd say Capt Max has an "orange" spored cube.
anyways i'll post pics of the redboy prints when they are done, i'm hoping that i get red spores with this multi-spore inoc. if i get a chance to retrive the original print from my first grow i'll post a pic of it too. the oh canadas are being STUBBORN as fuck and dont seem to want to pin, they were cold shocked before birth already, so i plan on giving them 7 more days then i'll dunk/cold shock again if they havent pinned yet.

i've read the post at mycotopia about the redboy.
seems PF is a bitter old fogey now.
on the first page RR states he got a pm from a shroomerite that just had a first flush of redboy, that was me. thats when i printed my first and only print of the 3 inch cap (made 2 prints however the second print was very light and used to make a syringe).

my next post in this thread will also be posted ay mycotopia, might help to quell the shit-talking on the thread.

--------------------

Invisibleshobimono
Why?
    #4992926 - 11/29/05 01:52 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Foaf tried Oh Canada this past spring. She too found it extremely slow to colonize a pint of wbs. She made a bed this spring with it and the myc grew up to the surface of the bed, spread, but never put out a single fruit. She had other cubie strains outside at the same time that did produce fruit. She sent the rest of the syringe to a friend and he tried it on brf cakes and never saw a fruit either from the colonized cakes.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybe cubensis var. Red Spore 0.5 Fruiting Pics [Re: shobimono]
    #4993121 - 11/29/05 05:15 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well i'm starting to think that my cake isnt going to fruit either. i'll give it a few more days, if it atleast forms some hyphal knots , i'll let it fruit, if not then i'll dunk/cold shock and roll it. might also try putting it in a 2 liter bottle fc and placing it in the fridge at 45 degrees to see if it'll fruit at the cold temps it supposedly grows in.

i just started printing th first redboy print, but from the color of the gills it looks to be a purple outcome. it was growing from the bottom of the cake. on the opposite side is a cluster of 7 fat pins, and on the top of the cake is the monster first pin, and a cluster of more smaller ones growing around it. so still a chance of getting a red print. here's a pic of the first picked redboy fruit.

cap is a little about 1 inch in diameter, small compared to the first grow i had with these which produced a single monster , and 1 tiny shroom with MANY aborts.

sorry for the crappy pics but til i get a good cam, i'll be using a Veo Webcam. anyone know where to get the XP driver/software for a Casio Qv-200 ? i can only find the Win98 version, i have the cam and the connection cord, but dont have the driver and program to download the pics from the cam to my harddrive.

anyways i'll post later today with a pic of the print.

--------------------

Edited by Grimocin (11/29/05 05:17 AM)

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4993145 - 11/29/05 05:54 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

k, i took a peek at the spore print, its kinda light but i can tell its purple. hoping some of the other shrooms show the red trait. 2 or 3 of them should be ready to print by tomorow night. i'll let the first cap continue to print til this afternoon, then i'll take a pic and post it.

--------------------

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#4993188 - 11/29/05 06:50 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, rodger should not have crossed with the PR, imo,
as it's well known to be 'difficult' to fruit

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4993332 - 11/29/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

the PR genetics do have a good side however. they're VERY rhizo and fast colonizers , and the redboys i've grown have been very rhizo and colonized my wheat flour cakes in under 2 weeks, which is amzing cuz most my wheat ckaes take atleast 3-4 weeks to fully colonize. 2nd fastest strain i've had on my wheat flour cakes other than this redboy was pure PR. i havent tried SA yet but i have spores for them. i would have crossed them with either Gulf Coast or F+ , as they are both from florida also. woulda been nice to have red spored F+ ( i believe these are albino or very light colored?).

imo, the costa ricans from sporeworks were a little harder to fruit even in a grain based MycoBag. had to remove them from the bag and place in FC to get them to fruit, but when they fruited they fruited very well.

Hippie3 , do you know of anyone that has fruited the Oh Canada strain? i have 1 cake of it in the FC with the costa's and redboy's as well as a B+ cake. the B+ hasnt pinned but it has hyphal knots, the Oh Canada however doesnt have a single hyphal knot. all cakes were birthed the same day as the mycobag. i DID however notice that the insode of my Oh Canada syringe has a smear of orange on the inside of the syringe. i'm guessing this is the orange spores? i know Max got all red prints from his strain, however did he ever fruit any himself or have a grower fruit some from the original spores? i've never seen a post on the shroomery or mycotopia about OC fruiting. and one last thing Hippie3 , i registered at mycotopia last nite, but i cant post even after using the activation code. i believe you are an admin there, can you activate my account so i can post my redboy stuff on the mycotopia board?

--------------------

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#4994745 - 11/29/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i did activate your account,
i'd look at the sporelab forums for oh canada! reports

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4997018 - 11/29/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

thanks hippie, i found a guy who grew out the oh canada, he said he only got 1 fruit out of 6 cakes, seems alot of people have a very hard time getting it to fruit indoors. havent heard of anyone who started an outdoor patch tho. i'm thinking about putting the oh canada cake in a 2 liter mini-FC and putting it in the fridge at 45 degrees.

now if i could only find a damn person who has pe or pe6 prints to trade for my costa rican prints, as i'll have atleast 10 prints by the end of this flush.

anyways got the first redboy print on white paper.
................. its a negative, it had purple spores. here's the pic.

and here's a pic of a small but nice costa rican print.

i'll post more redboy prints are they are printed.

--------------------

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#4997527 - 11/30/05 06:34 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i have pe and pe6 if you wanna trade,
pm me here or at mycotopia

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck