Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinekmIL
Stranger
 User Gallery
What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms?
    #4991753 - 11/28/05 08:15 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I've always bought my shrooms from dealers. I've always taken an eigth of what they sold me and I've never felt like that wasnt enough =). I have quite a few BRF PF cakes that I cased in 50/50+ (with 8%Lime and 15% oyester shell). They have been growing to protocol with very little comlication. Should I expect these to be equally as potent?

This might be a dumb question because I know a shroom is a shroom but I'm wandering if manure or compost is needed to achieve maximum potency. By the way this is my first grow and I couldnt be happier. Next time I'm going to use WBS as spawn. I only wish I could get my digital camera to connect to my computer >:o.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHellYeahDude
Shroom Extra

Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: kmIL]
    #4991796 - 11/28/05 08:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

brf is ass crap, lowest potency on the todem pole

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#4991802 - 11/28/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms grown on compost or manure is far more potent. That does not mean your BRF mushrooms wont still do the trick. Likely anything you bought from a dealer was "bulk" grown and therefore used manure or compost. I was expecting to be disappointed with my first BRF mushrooms....I got a BIG surprise. If you haven't done them in a while you can expect RESULTS.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlineke1n
Stranger
Male

Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: musher_420]
    #4992764 - 11/29/05 01:17 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

what about rye seed?

--------------------

Everything that is posted, including pictures and text, are a result of fictional storytelling using images found online and/or created using the latest graphics software. I am a fictional writer who likes to explore the internet world.
------------------------------------

http://www.adobe.com/

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: ke1n]
    #4993297 - 11/29/05 08:17 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Rye will be more potent than BRF grown shrooms for sure. Potency can be looked at on a tiered level.

Tier 1= Manure/compost grown shrooms
Tier 2= Rye or straw grown shrooms
Tier 3= BRF or cased WBS grown shrooms

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: Wronguy]
    #4993378 - 11/29/05 09:08 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm, what about Rye flour, would that be tier 2 or 3?

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: HellYeahDude]
    #4993439 - 11/29/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

brf is ass crap

I wouldn't say that. 3.5 of brf mushies will kick your ass. Say it won't and I'll say your lyin'.
Given bulk grown are more potent, brf are not to be taken lightly.
In saying this we could be leading newbs to believe that they need a much larger dose than actually necessary and could be overwhelmed by the dose leading to a bad trip.
What say ye?

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflinekmIL
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4994531 - 11/29/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm going to be tripping with some experienced trippers. I know about set and setting and how to avoid having bad trips. I was just wondering what the relative potency of BRF was compared to other teks, thanks for the responses. I guess I will start off with an eight and get back to you guys and let you know how it went!

Anybody know where to find any good poo teks? All of the bulk teks in the cultivation guides are straw and a few compost.

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4994610 - 11/29/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I wouldn't say that. 3.5 of brf mushies will kick your ass. Say it won't and I'll say your lyin'.
Given bulk grown are more potent, brf are not to be taken lightly.
In saying this we could be leading newbs to believe that they need a much larger dose than actually necessary and could be overwhelmed by the dose leading to a bad trip.
What say ye?

Saying any particular dosage on any shrooms will or will not effect you is very subjective. I personally ingested my first grow of BRF shrooms with 7 grams and was very disappointed with the trip. Real mild effects and minor visuals. On the other hand I've taken 12 grams on horse manure grown shrooms and had a blast. Other trips have entailed 4 grams of horse manure grown shrooms where I had a bad trip due to the intensity.

The majority of issues with dosing is that no two grows will have the same identical potency. It is virtually impossible to duplicate a grow on every level. One person may find that BRF shrooms freak him out on small doses, whereas another individual may not be satisfied unless they have a dose of 8 grams on horse manure grown shrooms. It's all very subjective.

I do agree that people need to be careful on what they are saying in terms of potency. That choice needs to be left to the individual ingesting the shrooms. There is a huge difference in potency between BRF grown shrooms and horse manure grown shrooms and people need to take that into consideration when dosing.

InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Loc: Wal-Merica
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: Wronguy]
    #4994621 - 11/29/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

too commonly overlooked:
people respond to mushrooms differently at different times, its entirely possible to not trip if you put your mind to it.

--------------------

xxx..Learn Something..xxx

Offlinejcasias
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: Omnicracker]
    #4994649 - 11/29/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Let's sum this all up. Do whatever amount you think is right for you. If you wanna start out with 2 grams then go for it, if you don't feel anything increase the dosage until satisfied. But to answer your initial question, BRF is not as potent as other teks as Wronguy said.

--------------------
Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.

OfflinekmIL
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: jcasias]
    #4995929 - 11/29/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have not read much on mycology but I wouldn't be surprised to find that psychoactive mushrooms will produce different ratios of psychoactive compounds depending on what nutriets are available to it during its growth. Shrooms grown from different substrates may not be "weaker" persay than another but rather the trip would be different.

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4995993 - 11/29/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

No, they would also be weaker. By that logic you are saying that 7 grams of the weaker BRF shrooms would equate to say 3-4 grams of the stronger, horse manure grown shrooms. As a person who has tripped many, many times on many, many different type of mushrooms, I disagree. The intensity of trip or the trip potential is greatly diminished by the potency of the mushrooms.

I could be wrong here, but I don't think so. Any other opinions out there?

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: HellYeahDude]
    #4996129 - 11/29/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

To claim that brf is ass crap, that's just ingnorant. The brf/cake growing process, now that is ass crap. Although I prefer the potency of horse manure cubes, by no means is brf weak. I had plenty of strong/bad trips from BRF back when I started, and to suggest that they are weak is setting someone up for a bad time.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinebongtoke
Mushies
 User Gallery

Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: Holydiver]
    #4996215 - 11/29/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i think that its all in the mind of t he individual...tripping has to do with the person and how their body/brain reacts to the chemical...atleast thats what i know from experience with myself and the way others feel..

--------------------
GOTTA LOVE POO CAKES!!!

InvisibleFizikz
Not a real person
 User Gallery

Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: bongtoke]
    #4996261 - 11/29/05 08:56 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

What about WBS cakes, how potent are they?

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

#4996523 - 11/29/05 09:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

All the posts that have been posted so far have some value. My first batch on BRF were not quite as potent as what I was expecting. Some reported a light body buzz off 3.0g. On the other hand, you may not be comfortable working with bulk substrates yet. Be sure you have the casing method down pretty good and then move it on over to bulk substrates. In the mean time, I have a suggestion to increase potentcy somewhat of BRF cakes. Using the crumble and case method, use wormcastings as your casing layer. Wormcastings are basically the organic maneure like substance that nightcrawlers shit out when burrowing through the dirt. It is hightly digested and composted dirt in a sense. It can be bought at any gardening store. Case in either a 100% mix of wormcastings or a 50:50 wormcasting:vermiculite mixture. NOTE: Some experienced growers will tell you not to case with anything that has nutritional value. Wormcastings have minimal carbohydrate value which contaminants thrive on. They increase potency by providing a maximum amount of free nitrogen to growing mycelium. Nitrogen, if you remember is a key constituent in the molecule Psilocybin and Psilocin, the two hallucinigens. HAVE FUN!

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: thashaman]
    #4996548 - 11/29/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

thashaman said:
"My first batch on BRF were not quite as potent as what I was expecting. Some reported a light body buzz off 3.0g."

Light body buzz off 3g..........? You must not have weighed them when they were fully dried. I did BRF once. 3g was still a good trip. I was expecting them to be weak....I was wrong. A female friend of mine ate ONE of my larger BRF mushrooms and got really high.

Holy's post is right on the money.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: What is to be said of the potency of cased PF cake shrooms? [Re: Fizikz]
    #4996583 - 11/29/05 10:10 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

With my experience with BRF cakes I would say that they are not the greatest. I had close to perfect conditions for them and I dunked and rolled, but I was still very dissapointed. The shrooms weren't as big as I had hope nor as potent.

I tripped a few times off of my first grow and was very dissapointed. My second trip off my own shrooms I ate 6 grams and got to a mid level 3. Before I started growing my own shrooms I had experienced a level 4 almost 5. I got to that level with just an 3.5gs of street shrooms.
That same dosage in BRF shrooms got me to a low level 2.

I believe that my previous trips before my trips off of my own shrooms set me up to expect more. Overall i was disspointed with the BRF shrooms and have moved on to better things "POO". But I wouldn't say that my BRF grown shrooms were a waste of time.

They gave me the experience in growing that I needed to feel confident in growing with a different substrate such as poo. Before my BRF experience I thought growing shrooms was close to impossible, but now I find it rather easy. Well lets not say easy but easier than I thought.

From what I hear WBS cakes are more potent that BRF but why waste time with cakes. Poo is cheap if not free and really doesn't add that much to the process. Just do a bulk grow when you are confident with the pf tek.

But again just because I had poor potency with BRF doesn't mean that it is total shit. I have heard of people getting really good results with BRF.

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
    #4996951 - 11/29/05 11:34 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, I wasn't calling you a newb. What I meant was that I had seen some posts from newbs before thinking that they should take (IMO) way too much for their first time.
My first time (being already well seasoned with acid) I took 1/8, I laughed my ass off (like I knew I should), I could hardly move and 4 hrs. in it began raining diamonds in my room. Very pleasurable and not disapointing at all.
On the other hand, on my girl's first time I gave her 3g of bulk-grown, oops a little too much. I had rescued her more than a couple times from having a bad trip.
IMHO 1/8 is a good place to start, get your feet wet and go from there.

Edit Someone asked; don't case WBS, it's a real bitch.

Happy trails
:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (11/29/05 11:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale