Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagickow
Stranger
Female
Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... *DELETED* [Re: DyeGreen]
    #4999541 - 11/30/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Magickow

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by Magickow (11/30/05 05:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: Magickow]
    #4999576 - 11/30/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

yeah that's crazy. a couple years ago in our local paper 2 fifteen year old kids were on lsd and one of the kids was pestering the other, so the other kid took a kitchen knife and stabbed him in the throat. freaking idiots. i actually cut out the article and now use it for a book-mark.

So there was no mention of LSD in the article I guess since the mother never admitted it?

--------------------

InvisibleMagickow
Stranger
Female
Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... *DELETED* [Re: Organic]
    #4999698 - 11/30/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Magickow

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: Magickow]
    #4999765 - 11/30/05 06:20 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I can't tolerate this "i'm glad it's illegal" nonsense.

Think about what you are saying. The next time you dose you could spend a large portion of your life in a prison cell! Does that not register with you people?

I don't care how many absolute complete and total idiots will cause a ruckus when they go down to the local store to buy legal LSD... its an issue of BASIC freedom.
(actually I really do care, I don't want anyone to ever have to go through something like the kid in this post did..... I was caught in a heated flurry of argumentation..... but i don't want people driving recklessly and drag racing, should we outlaw cars?)

If we lived in Portugal (i suppose some do) or Russia then I'd say, fuck it, maybe illegal status isn't so bad, because you aren't really going to be punished if you're caught with it.

But for those in the USA..... you damn well better not hold this attitude, it's bad enough that the anti-drug loons think drugs should be illegal, the pro-drug people shouldn't think so too!

Honestly, how many straight-edged people or alcoholics would go buy acid if it were legal? I mean, they just aren't interested in that kind of stuff! If they were they would have experimented when they were younger. Sure there are going to be increases in use if everyone can buy it, but most people will only try it once if even that.

And REMEMBER Jesus remember, LSD WAS LEGAL ONCE....... things wouldn't be any worse now than they were then.......

Also remember that if someone freaks out on LSD, and it's legal, they can seek out help I bet you there are people that have killed themselves when tripping becasue they were too afraid of going to jail if they went to a hospital or called the police to admit they were on drugs.

THE SOCIAL STIGMA KILLS more than the drug ever does. When you have a community that is supporting of drug use and encourages people to make EDUCATED decisions....... the community becomes more responsible, freakouts become less likely etc...

if these misguided kids got the "facts" on LSD (i.e. the stuff we know, set and setting..... how to help people that are freaking out, how to be emotionally sensitive to those that are uncovering delicated issues while high... etc) then they wouldn't have let their fucking friend die!

It's ONLY because LSD is underground that it is used so irresponsibly, because the people who get it might not know jack shit about what LSD is other than something to "get fucked up on" but imagine a society where kids are educated truthfully about drugs, encouraged to abstain, but told that it's okay to experiment, and that if they do they need to be really careful.

Imagine if everyone were educated, and then if for some reason you had a burning desire to dose, you'd do so with the education you have!

LSD can be sold to absolutely anyone ..... even children..... why? Because it's fucking illegal! And why is LSD so popular amongst the counterculture? Because it's illegal! You take away the forbidden status of the fruit and suddenly its not so appealing to the masses anymore... it's no coincidence that marijuana use amongst children in Holland is significantly lower than it is in America, despite the abundance of weed everywhere to be seen in that nation.

And guess what, Holland sells people peyote and mushrooms, too.... how many problems do they have with irresponsible teens freaking out? I don't know and I'd like to... but they seem to be handling it just fine.

America is stupid, and that's why drugs don't work for us....... that's the bottom line. Keeping them illegal draws the stupider people to do them for "fun" and keeping TRUTHFUL knowledge about them away from the public just makes matters worse.

No drug should be illegal, because no one should have the right to tell you that you can't take one if you don't want to. Does that mean that drugs are good? no. Does it mean they are bad? No. Drugs are just drugs...... evil people take them and do evil things... stupid people take them and do stupid things......

it's the user.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (11/30/05 06:25 PM)

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: leery11]
    #5003267 - 12/01/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, if I'm resurrecting a dead topic, but I think this is fairly important, and its only been a day since the last post.

Leery11, THANK YOU.

I cannot believe how many people in this thread don't get it.
First of all, the legitimacy of this story doesn't matter.
I am not sure if I would be able to find an article on it, but I do know it happened at UIC (university in Chicago) and my friend will be/has attended his visitation (haven't spoken to her in a couple days).

Secondly, you people are unbelievably pessimistic. How can so many drug users that visit a forum about education and discussion not see how important education is? Responsible use of these drugs will lead to legalization.
Its the EXACT reason pot is gaining ground around the world. The fact that no one has ever died on pot is just one more thing to shove in the face of authorities that say it's bad for you.

However, the government FEEDS on cases where kids take hallucinogens and kill themselves. It was the entire fuel behind the 70s propaganda against LSD use; be afraid of the bad trip, you'll kill yourself...all of that garbage. It is maybe not the whole reason these drugs are illegal, but it is one more statistic, and if we systematically destroy these statistics, there will only be irrationality to fight, and that is a fight that only takes education to win (and we offer up that to everyone).

Further, you guys that say you're glad its illegal...what? are you serious? Read Leery11's post...and to add to that, you do realize Salvia is legal and no one is taking that in excess. Only people that want to take it are taking it. Legalization of drugs is never a bad thing. People are more responsible when it's legal. Education about the drug becomes more readily available, and the drug becomes study-able.

And where did I say that LSD caused this or that I was against LSD? seriously, at least read my post. Clearly I use Mushrooms and LSD. In fact, enough to visit a forum that is entirely dedicated to it.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: Veter]
    #5003329 - 12/01/05 05:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

About the no body ever being killed by doing pot the idiot high school drug teachers are idiots who are full of crap they say that people have died from marijuana i said tell me then and they couldn't give me an example ha ha it felt great watching them realize they fucked up.

Yea it does suck how people are stupid and don't care true friends wouldn't do that to a real friend real friends would have done as much as possible like calming down groups and making someone tripping bad feel safe and comfortable . but true illegal drugs don't kill that many its they crap like tobacco and alcohol and pharmaceuticals. Even drugs like Vioxx are more deadly than most the drugs people abuse. They murdered a bunch of people with Vioxx and Celebrex. LSD,shrooms, and weed are hundreds of times safer than much of this prescription shit.
Sorry but I'm on 60mg of Adderal and am having a blast typing my 7 page paper due tomorrow!!!!

--------------------

OI OI OI

Edited by MrMolotov (12/01/05 05:17 PM)

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: MrMolotov]
    #5003437 - 12/01/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

im glad that these substances ar eillegal becuase clearly not everyone is strong minded enough or meantto do these substances at all,
i mean, the point of it being schedule 1 and a first degree felony to even posses is bullshit, i dont think it should be that steep,

but think abou thow it would really be, every frat party, every any party for that matter, kids would be eating incredibly high doses of LSD without any knowledge what so ever of what they are getting themselves into, they assume everything will be fine becuase they bought it from a store,

its not meant for everyoe is more my point, and if it were legal, everyone would have at will access to it

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: incubaby_421]
    #5003495 - 12/01/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yea some people are too stupid to have respect for drugs and the common sense to take things slow and not overdoing it.

--------------------

OI OI OI

OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
    #5003507 - 12/01/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

But since it's illegal, those that aren't total dumbasses can have their entire lives destroyed for mere possession.

Take the alcohol analogy: It's legal (for those over 21, and not well enforced below 21). People know that if they drink a few pints of hard booze that it'll fuck them up pretty good, that they shouldn't drive under the influence, etc. Some don't care and drink way more than they should anyway, but you can't reasonably blame the substance for people's stupidity in using it.

Obviously LSD finds its way around regardless of it's legality, so legalizing would just improve that distribution and let people use it without worrying about the legal consequences.

So, would you be willing to go to jail for a decade or two to keep it illegal in the hope that stupid people can't find it?

Also... "but think abou thow it would really be, every frat party, every any party for that matter, kids would be eating incredibly high doses of LSD without any knowledge what so ever of what they are getting themselves into, they assume everything will be fine becuase they bought it from a store,"

So you're all for alcohol prohibition as well, then?

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: GulGen]
    #5003518 - 12/01/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

no, im all against stupidity,
im not for legalization of any substance, i am, however, for decriminalization of every substance
except pot, that really should just be legal

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

#5003617 - 12/01/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yes it should definately be legal
and if they made lsd legal atleast they would have pure standardised LSD no more havuing 2 or 3 trips of acid and saying "uhhh i wonder how much acid i just took and i hope i didnt take too much dee dee dee!"

--------------------

OI OI OI

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: MrMolotov]
    #5003848 - 12/01/05 07:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

thats a good point

--------------------

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
    #5003854 - 12/01/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

very good point indeed.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: mikeownow]
    #5003870 - 12/01/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

but you have to look at it from the other direction as well,
all of that great, standardized LSD would be available to EVERYONE
think about it, you know you have some freinds that you would never allow to do LSD or mushrooms at your hand, i know i sure as fuck do, and i am the only perosn these people could get it from therefore limiting what they do to my discretion, and if they could just buy it, they would, they would eat a tenstrip, thinking, oh im gonna giggle so fucking hard and see some elves and shit,

what im saying is society in general could never handle suck a substance being readily available to whomever decides to go buy it,

decriminalize, leave it in the underground, but take away the consequences for possesion, small sale, etc.

--------------------

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5005542 - 12/02/05 02:51 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Incubaby, I actually believe you are wrong about this one.
What's stopping people from doing shrooms and other drugs is not the fact that they are illegal. Go to a frat party and you will find a guy there who has an illegal drug. Drugs are everywhere regardless of legality.
You are saying this because it seems like fairly logical reasoning, but with everything, it isn't just as simple as that.
Like I said, salvia is legal, but kids aren't smoking amazingly high doses of it.
EVERYONE knows what the effects of alcohol are. There is a reason for this: It's legal and, therefore, not lied about. If LSD was legal, people would understand the effects and I am sure it would actually be even less popular than it is even now. The general populace does not like to be introspective and would not like the effects of LSD.

Look to denmark: Pot is less popular there than here. Education plays a large role in that.

There is far more proof that when a drug is legal, people take it more responsibly than it being legal and people going out of control.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
    #5005979 - 12/02/05 08:58 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

That is horrible, and yes....i agree; this is the reason that drugs remain illegal.

More people need to read and get more informed about the drugs that they decide to do, before they actually do them.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#5006027 - 12/02/05 09:20 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Leery11's post was good.

I think that psychedelic drugs should be legalized and readily available at stores. But instead of just letting anyone come in off the street and buy it, their should be a licensing process. Much like you need to get a license to own/carry a gun. You also need to get a license (take some classes, learn some info first, psych screened to make sure you aren't psycho, etc.) before you can purchase and legally possess / take psychedelics. This way we have legal psychedelics, and are insured that people are educated about it before they are allowed to buy it.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #5006035 - 12/02/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

*laugh*

and you dont think people are just going to go buy the pyschadelics and re-sell them to people who dont get the liscence?

If you honestly think that - you are naive.

The guy I used to buy weed from (I dont get it from him anymore, he's moved) - used to get it legally from the Cannibus Club, I'd give him my money, he'd walk into the store, show them his card, pick up the weed then pass it on to me.

Dose requiring a percription for things like Xannax and Adderall stop it from getting into the hands of 'uneducated recreational users?' - nope.

As much as you'd like to THINK it would stop the LSD from getting into the wrong hands, it wouldnt.

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #5006042 - 12/02/05 09:26 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I did not find this horrifying, entertaining or really enlightening. Just stupid...

Stupid kids... Stupid dealers... No one should be giving 15 year olds large dose of any powerful drug, but this does happen.... I don't blame his friends for flaking out on his dumb ass who probably wanted the large dose to begin with. I have seen people ask for a big dose or eye dose and seen them regret it when they cannot handle their shit. Live for the fucking moment if your taking larger doses you had better be able to stand up to the plate and get ready to hit off Nolan Fucking Ryan... I've seen mother fuckers that just took like 5+ doses all questioning themselves, should I have taken that much? before the shit even hits in, I know that dude will be in the fetal position in the corner when they peak.

Anyhow if I continue to ramble I will just get more pissed...

Simple things when taking drugs to remember...

1) Most drugs CAN kill you.
2) Choose good company. Supervision in some cases
3) You can always take more, but its hard to remove drugs already dosed.
4) Do not give powerful drugs to young, insecure or mentally ill people.
5) Do not get involved in drug taking contests. Have seen this with a HORRIBLE outcome. Ego boost is not worth it.

rt

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: Another 'kid on acid kills himself' story... [Re: GulGen]
    #5295576 - 02/13/06 04:02 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GulGen said:
A tragedy, yes, but it ought to be pointed out that LSD was little but a catalyst. That same story could just as easily be told with alcohol in its place, or even without any drugs at all it wouldn't sound out of place.

There are a lot of people that are depressed and borderline suicidal that only need a moment of intense stress to push them over the edge if they're not helped. This could be a fight, drugs, or nearly anything that's perceived as strongly stressful for whatever reason.

i agree fully to this statemnet and would like to say that i wass at a party , everyone was very drunk, and two friends got into a fight. it was broken up quickely (no winner or loser) and one of the kids started breaking down and tried to jump out of a 3rd floor window, the only thing that stopped him were a few close friends that helped him come back through the window into the house., but yeah any drug combined with stress and suicidal thoughts can result in suicide attempts.

therefore know your, substance, and yourself and dont abuse either

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates