Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStrophariaShaman
Headwind

Loc: Holland
Isolated dikaryon on agar to liquid culture
    #4981602 - 11/25/05 10:10 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I want to germinate on agar so I can isolate one strain (avoiding a multi-spore inoculation) and then colonize a second dish of agar with that strain. Then I want to take a piece(s) of that second agar and start a liquid culture. This seems simple, but I love double checking. Is there any reason I should avoid this? I can always just add colonized grain to liquid and extract, but I would like to try this. I did not consider this appropriate for the Advanced Myco. Forum, but was directed to re-post this thread here.

*Multi-spore is being avoided in order to support yield.

--------------------
a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all
it can be broken down

All posts by this user, whether inquiry or statement, are completely fictitious and for enterainment purposes only.

*I am not a shaman, just someone who was really full of himself when he picked his name*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Isolated dikaryon on agar to liquid culture [Re: StrophariaShaman]
    #4982208 - 11/26/05 02:21 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Single sector isolates that are proved prolific fruiting strains will outperform multispore inoculation, but there are quite a few steps to get there. You'll want to do a strain isolation tek to isolate at least ten single sectors of rhizomorphic growth, then take each one to fruiting, while keeping the master petri dishes in the refrigerator. Once you determine the best fruiting strain, go back to that strain master and take it to liquid culture. It will take a minimum of three to four transfers on agar to get to single sector isolates, depending on how many spores you start out with on your original petri dish.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleStrophariaShaman
Headwind

Loc: Holland
Re: Isolated dikaryon on agar to liquid culture [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4983471 - 11/26/05 03:10 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you Mr. Rabbit

--------------------
a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all
it can be broken down

All posts by this user, whether inquiry or statement, are completely fictitious and for enterainment purposes only.

*I am not a shaman, just someone who was really full of himself when he picked his name*

InvisibleWormholeSurfer
Stranger
Re: Isolated dikaryon on agar to liquid culture [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4995424 - 11/29/05 06:26 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Single sector isolates that are proved prolific fruiting strains will outperform multispore inoculation, but there are quite a few steps to get there. You'll want to do a strain isolation tek to isolate at least ten single sectors of rhizomorphic growth, then take each one to fruiting, while keeping the master petri dishes in the refrigerator. Once you determine the best fruiting strain, go back to that strain master and take it to liquid culture. It will take a minimum of three to four transfers on agar to get to single sector isolates, depending on how many spores you start out with on your original petri dish.
RR

Which cubensis strain do you think is the most genetically healthy?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order