Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFantazee
journeyman
Loc: New England
Eat Your Cake!!!
    #498519 - 12/22/01 09:23 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It seems a lot of us newbies are looking to get mushies by New Years Eve...If you're not sure you're going to make the deadline, you can set-up a little insurance policy now:

I started some honey water with about 2 cc. of spore solution a few days ago...If you start today you should have enough mycelium to innoculate jars in about 5 days (just keep the liquid warm)...Meanwhile, prepare several jars using nothing but organic brown rice...Prepare rice as directed on package, but keep it wet until cooked, adding water if necessary...Let the resulting mixture steep for about 15 mins. so it can absorb as much water as it wants, drain off any excess water and fill your jars...Your rice should be moist, but not sticky, the way most people prefer to eat rice!!! Sterilize and innoculate as you would any other substrate, using the honey water mycelium...Don't be cheap with the mycelium, the more you use, the faster it will colonize... Incubate your jars, keep 'em warm...On New Years Eve you can birth them and (since they're made from nothing but rice, they're edible)...Personally I'd probably use the cranberry juice method to extract the good stuff, but either way, you've got something to get you through...It's a shame to waste several cakes just for one trip, but drastic times call for drastic measures...Anyway...just a little food for thought...

P.S. I find that using a marinating syringe (available at any kitchen store) helps when working with large quantities of mycelium in solution, but that's just me!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: Eat Your Cake!!! [Re: Fantazee]
    #498603 - 12/22/01 01:24 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Or, you could make normal jars, and let them grow normally. And just BUY mushies on new years eve

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Eat Your Cake!!! [Re: razer]
    #498641 - 12/22/01 02:17 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

thats assuming that you want to invest in mycology and are wasteful and impatient enough not to wait for them to fruit. also assuming you can buy mushrooms in your area. last time i found any around here it was $50/eighth. they worked good; but it took a whole eighth and that was also before i could identify to know what species i was buying.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Edited by BeppoMarx (12/22/01 02:20 PM)

OfflineEuphorian_Icon

Loc: Sector 00?b Of 2nd Heaven
Re: Eat Your Cake!!! *DELETED* [Re: Fantazee]
    #498730 - 12/22/01 04:30 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Euphorian_Icon

Edited by Euphorian_Icon (12/22/01 05:45 PM)

OfflineFeelingroovy
Stranger
Re: Eat Your Cake!!! [Re: Fantazee]
    #498750 - 12/22/01 05:05 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I tried this a mere two days ago. Purchased some 100% cranbury juice (shit is expensive) mashed up a cake that had stopped producing, and added 4 cups of juice. I let it soak for 4 hours and then drank.

The result?

A complete and utter waste of time. Other then burps that tasted like dirt, I got nada...zip...zero buzz.

Just thought I'd check in.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
Re: Eat Your Cake!!! [Re: Euphorian_Icon]
    #498768 - 12/22/01 05:33 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It's spelled "many" not "miny"
you made that exact same error in your post bitching about teens on the boards. So there- now you know how to spell "many"!

OfflineFantazee
journeyman
Loc: New England
Re: Eat Your Cake!!! [Re: Brugman]
    #499119 - 12/23/01 02:14 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Everyone gets so touchy about eating their cakes...I suppose it might be an affront to the mushroom gods, but there aren't any mushrooms available up here in the N.E. and I only mentioned it as a mere alternative for those willing to sacrafice a few cakes in the name of a good time...For Christ's sake...some people have expressed some angst about not being able to harvest in time for New Years...for them it may be an alternative, for those of you lucky enough to have a reliable mushroom dealer, by all means...have at it!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures