Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRu
Lord of the Rings
    #496863 - 12/20/01 10:38 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I saw lord of the rings on the 19th and all i could thing of was how i wish i was tripping in some parts of the movie. Like when the characters went to the elvish forrest and it was all heavenly. Has anyone else seen the movie and would they think it would be a good movie to trip to? I ask this because there are a shit load of monsters but the special effects are killer. I think the movie would send you to heaven then hell and back again. Anyone else?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSlimly007

Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Ru]
    #497147 - 12/20/01 04:55 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

lol im trippin this weekend , and i was asking in an earlier post about if i should dose my mushies and go straight to the movies to see LOTR, it will be my first trip, good movie to trip for a first time?

OfflineSir Tokes-A-Lot
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Slimly007]
    #497420 - 12/20/01 10:44 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

like i said before, dont go to a movie for your first trip. just stay home and have fun with people

--------------------

"If god liked midgets, he woulda made 'em come on stilts."- ChemicalMonkey (The Early Years)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #497435 - 12/20/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Try going while high off some nice bud. I did. Was great. I was 100% into the movie. Not that I wouldn't have been, sober.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #497478 - 12/20/01 11:40 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

WHWen I first opened this thread I was like NOOO!!WAIT hes gonna give away the movie......then I remembered I read the trilogy like 7 times;) I bet it would be cool on about 2 grams or so.. or just blazed

OfflineFamine
Stranger
    #497720 - 12/21/01 10:03 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Watched Lord of the Rings last night, I was on two grams of mush and smoked a joint before I entered the theatre..

I went with a friend who was also shrooming, after the movie was over neither of us really had any idea what was going on in the movie. I somewhat knew what was going on since I have the read the books, but if someone asked me anyting more then the basic plot of the movie I wouldn't be able to tell you :/

OfflineWhiteBoy
journeyman

Loc: California
    #497927 - 12/21/01 02:04 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I saw it when it opened on the 19th, and I was thinking, "I wish I had eaten a few grams before I came. This is intense."
I definitely recommend a friendly trip at that movie...at least I plan to make a go of it. But, again, listen to tokes-a-lot. Don't go to a movie (or into any other public place) on your first mushroom trip. Stay home and enjoy it properly.

--------------------
"Pain for pleasure; pain for adoration; pain is to godliness; bleeding for ecstasy...Divine Pain."
-Morbid Angel

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #498281 - 12/21/01 10:39 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I just saw it tonight and I was really baked. I probably would have been scared out of my mind if I saw that tripping. The monsters and dark imagery kind of freaked me out a little bit anyway, I don't think I could've handled it tripping. I usually prefer more pleasant and happy inputs, there's no need for that kind of negativity. But to each his own.

OfflinePsillyKat
Loc: Southern IL
    #498438 - 12/22/01 01:29 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Saw it a few min ago actually, so the image of bilbo flipping out and going for the ring is still fresh in my mind. Lemme say, if i were tripping on anything i would have run out of the theater like a wittle bitch. =P but that's just me...if you can handle that kinda shnit fine, more power to ya. Just brings back when i was a little little kid and was scared to death of the hobbit. lol
If you've tripped before i'de say go for it...much neato visuals...if not, well you shouldn't be in public anyway

p.s. did you notice that one of the wizard's fireworks looked exacltly like an amanIta cap? hummmmm

--------------------
"I could do without the snot"
"IN YOUR FACE SPACE COYOTE!"
"Mabey the dingo ate your baby"

InvisibleNGC4414
unknowable

Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: PsillyKat]
    #498444 - 12/22/01 01:50 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I saw it yesterday sober and was (originally) planning on seeing it a secong time while tripping. However some parts of the movie were pretty intense, so I will have to think about tripping during it.

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: PsillyKat]
    #498494 - 12/22/01 07:07 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I noticed that firework, that was awesome. I though it was hilarious how Gandolf smoked up all the time. One time somebody (I forget) said to him "the ring was under your nose for so long and you never realized? that devil weed must have dulled your wit" or something like that. Plenty of drug references in that move if you look for them.

Offlinecrazyeric
Stranger
Loc: usa
    #499371 - 12/23/01 01:44 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

alright froto, thats enough.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #499502 - 12/23/01 05:46 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Saw it last night. That film is amazing...special effects are mofoing incredible....Could never watch it tripping though, that would be damn frightening. There's probably more dark/scary imagery in there that positive. Damn good though.

--------------------

OfflineD_Tox
Boddhisattva

Loc: Lab 23
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Revelation]
    #499518 - 12/23/01 06:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Some drug references in LOTR

1. Bilbo and Gandalf sitting on a hill smoking a pipe before the party. Bilbo says to Gandalf "This is the best weed in the whole South Farthing." Then Gandalf blows a smoke-sailship through Bilbo's smoke-ring.

2. Gandalf staring into the fire at Bilbo's house after Bilbo leaves, mumbling to himself while taking constant tokes off his pipe.

3. When Merry and Pipping meet up with Frodo and Sam and they all fall down the hill. The conversation goes:
"That was just a shortcut....."
"A shortcut to what?"
"MUSHROOMS!"
Then they all gather around some psilocybe looking mushrooms all excitedly, examining them, and harvesting some on the spot.

I think Gandalf is just under a bunch of stress, and needs to smoke a lot of Bilbo's 'weed' to keep his calm vibe going.

--------------------
-----------------------
D_Tox

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: D_Tox]
    #499552 - 12/23/01 06:33 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I saw that movie yesterday too. It was awesome sober, next time Im gonna blaze it up. It would be too much too much tripping, but nicely stoned it would be f'n incredible.

Yah, I caught all them drug references too.

OfflineFoxGurl
Stranger

Loc: Lake La, CA
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: GringoLoco]
    #499858 - 12/24/01 01:48 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I went to see it a second time this weekend, and I am even more willing to dose at the movie now. The imagery was so much fun...not to mention the mental things going on.

--------------------
ALWAYS & forever,
FEATHERWOOD

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
    #501934 - 12/26/01 10:32 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I just saw LOTR last night........awesome! Most worthwhile movie that I have ever watched.
Referring to a post before: Sarumon says to Gandolf something like "Your love of the [devil?] weed has dulled your wits..."
Yeah throughout the movie the GOOD guys were smoking the weed.
Yummy yum, now I want to carve myself a wood pipe like they had and go get some weed!
I haven't read any of the books, but a little later tonight I'm going to start reading The Hobbit.

MUSHROOMS!

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineWhiteBoy
journeyman

Loc: California
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: KeepAskingTime]
    #501978 - 12/26/01 11:37 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

"your love of the halflings' leaf has dulled your wits."
And yeah, I love those kickass pipes. Every good guy in the movie seemed to have one. There is even a nice close-up of Strider's bowl (hmm..that doesn't look like tobacco to me) when he is tokin' up in The Prancing Pony.

--------------------
"Pain for pleasure; pain for adoration; pain is to godliness; bleeding for ecstasy...Divine Pain."
-Morbid Angel

OfflineNacNac
journeyman
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: WhiteBoy]
    #515597 - 01/09/02 05:05 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Just saw it while tripping... the scariest thing ever.. It diddnt help that I was cold and sick .. it was just amazingly scary... I was and am still so freaked out... I hate watching movies in movies theathres.
Well the main reason it was bad was that people were surrounding me and it kept feeling like they were orcs and god it was freaky..
sorry for ramblings im still trippin

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#515905 - 01/09/02 11:24 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure about all these drug referances... Tolkein wrote it many many years ago, it seems more like a coincidence that they call it weed. Besides, ask most any old person of he smoked a pipe. If he didn't, he knows 20 guys who did, and I doubt many of them were smoking ganja... If you've read the books the mushrooms are fairly obviously culinary, not hallucinogenic, no matter what they look like in the movie. I guess I could be wrong though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder