Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRocket75377
Stranger
Mescaline V. Mushrooms in the woods
    #4982752 - 11/26/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I ordered some Peruvian Torch "incense" off the 'net, but it came up last night that mushrooms are once again available in my neck of the woods. I'm going camping in a week or two, and I was asking for some opinions: Which would be better for tripping in the woods, mushrooms or mescaline? I've done mushroooms on a handful of ocassions, and know that it would be awesome in the woods, but have never tried mescaline.

As a side note, does anybody have any advice for taking mescaline? I plan to try a small dose first, before tripping hard. I've done my damndest to research it, but there's always something I wish someone had told me...

First post, yay for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleabrad84
Stranger
Male

Re: Mescaline V. Mushrooms in the woods [Re: Rocket75377]
    #4983380 - 11/26/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'd go with shrooms.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4983807 - 11/26/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Go ahead with the shrooms this time out and research mescaline extraction in order to get better results your first time with mescalito. If you just try to make a tea from the incense or just to eat it, you will not know how strong or weak your dose is. Extracted mescaline is easy to dose and easy to make.

Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mescaline V. Mushrooms in the woods [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4984196 - 11/26/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I dont recommend this to anyone who has not taken mescaline, but I think mixing the two is quite amazing. The two drugs just happen to work very well together. One of the best trips Ive ever had was lots of mescaline and a little psi(.8 grams). Ive also tried some shrooms with very little mesc and that was great too.
Id just eat the shrooms if I were you. Just thought id mention that, because depending on the quality of the cacti it can be very subtle. That is often why I would mix the two.

Offlinesyrrus
Stranger
Re: Mescaline V. Mushrooms in the woods [Re: stemmer]
    #4984323 - 11/26/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Don't do Mescaline for the first time in an environment that your not familure with. AKA don't do it in the woods. Trust me, you don't want to be trippin and then get lost....it's not a good thing. Shrooms would be better. Also Mescaline has alot of spiritual significance, if your going to do it for recreation I would advise you don't do it at all because it's not a party drug. Mescaline holds alot of meaning to alot of people in a very spiritual sense. If you do do mescaline make sure you don't desecrate it. Bottom line is, don't do mescaline in the woods, it's a completely different type of psychedellic, and will have bad consequences. Not to mention mescaline it's self induces vomiting and a wide range of physical responses in most people. You wouldn't want to be in a dangerous environment and be unable to protect your self or respond with natural instincts because your incapacitated on mescaline.

Another note on Mescaline, with peruvian torch a light dose might give you just a sensational high, not really hullcinatory high. If your going to do Mescaline do alot of it.

OfflineInTheFade
Feel Good Hit ofthe Summer

Re: Mescaline V. Mushrooms in the woods [Re: syrrus]
    #4985324 - 11/27/05 12:51 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

What is the difference between Peruvian torch and San Pedro? And if they're the same, why do they have two different names?

Offlinesyrrus
Stranger
Re: Mescaline V. Mushrooms in the woods [Re: InTheFade]
    #4985627 - 11/27/05 06:46 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Different species and different alkaloid contents. Both contain mescaline however san pedro contains less alkaloids than peruvian torch.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4987038 - 11/27/05 05:04 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

syrrus said:
...........Also Mescaline has alot of spiritual significance, if your going to do it for recreation I would advise you don't do it at all because it's not a party drug. Mescaline holds alot of meaning to alot of people in a very spiritual sense. If you do do mescaline make sure you don't desecrate it.........

This kind of mentality makes me physicaly ill. What gives you the right to say that anything should only be used if you believe in its spirituality. That's the same thinking involved with the illegal status of psychedelics in the first place. They were made illegal because christians didn't want people to use the devils tools.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (11/27/05 05:20 PM)

OfflineTMonk
PsychadelicStudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt State University
    #4987910 - 11/27/05 09:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Athough I'm not going to righteously state how/why mescaline should be used, I agree with Syrrus that mescaline is more spiritual and less recreational then psilocybin, LSD or basically any drug IME.
But that is exactly why I think that mescaline is perfect for the forest, desert or any other wilderness area.  Because you retain mental clarity more or less and because no where is more spiritual then nature, I think that it's a better idea to do mescaline in the woods. 
Just have a backpack with eveyrthing you need/want/are willing to carry because it lasts for a long time.  :sun:

--------------------
"Let me tell some one about this dream:
The sky was filled with stars,
while the sun,
kissed the mountains blue.
And eleven moons
ran across the rainbows
above me and you..."
-One Rainy Wish

Edited by TMonk (11/27/05 09:28 PM)

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #4987939 - 11/27/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well personally I don't think any psychedelic drug should be used for a non spiritual purpose. You should never ignore your spiritual world. For your spiritual world is one that guides you in life. To ignore such important ideals is ignorant at best. My doing these drugs recreationally you are merely ignoring your spiritual world. A world that is so important to everyday life and the future that not acknowledging such a power is only lessing your ability to interact within society. The purpose of spiritual drugs is to raise yourself to a higher sense of consciousness. In this state you can dive deeper into the worlds problems and yours. You can think outside of the box philosophically and otherwise to expand our world. Not utilizing the powers you are unfolding is a true crime. The purpose of these drugs is to unlock doors of perception. These doors open a new world, a world that is used for learning. If you just use it for fun, the you are merely a child ignoring the true power the drug has. It reminds me of a genie granting you three wishes and you use none of them. Or better yet, here you are granted millions of wishes and instead of using them to better yourself and mankind you merely use them to get high. A true shame you are to humankind and yourself for putting yourself behind. You could be so far ahead of everyone else put you ignore your powers.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Offlinesyrrus
Stranger
Re: Mescaline V. Mushrooms in the woods [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4987994 - 11/27/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

It's not that I don't want people to use psychedellics but certain entheogens like peyote I find very sacred. Im a student of anthropology and I have a great respect for these entheogens I don't like to see them misused. It's not that I want to pressure people not to do them. In fact im quite the opposite. I believe that mescaline should be done by everyone in the world that can truely respect it's spiritual nature. I just don't want it disrespected. Ekstaza, don't take offense to my words, try to understand the meaning behind them.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4988039 - 11/27/05 10:10 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

All of these hallucinogens are sacred in some cultures.
Mescaline is in the same boat as Amanitas, LSA, datura, shrooms and ayahuasca.
If you dont respect them, you seriously might get the top of your head blown of for days---> or years without ever getting a single piece of knowledge, and for all you might know, it will be for no other reason than, "some drugs are bad".

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4988053 - 11/27/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Lets not put mescaline in some special catagory.
Really. I find acid to help provide tools, as well as mushrooms and mesc. They are so very similare, none of which should be used for fun.
They can be fun though. I have seldom seen them to be this way myself though. Hallucinogens are better than fun times with good friends.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #4988102 - 11/27/05 10:40 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone who even considers doing psychedelic drugs should read up on those who founded them so to speak. The free online erowid library at http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/books_online.shtml should be read before consuming the substances.

For mescaline read The Doors of Perception, by Aldous Huxley
For LSD read LSD : My Problem Child, by Albert Hoffman
For Ecstasy read E for Ecstasy, by Nicholas Saunders

Really anyone who does psychedelic drugs should read every single piece of literature in that library. Not only does it tell you the history behind the subject, but some give a modern application to the drugs. Such Pot TV has entheogen conferences which discuss the modern societal impacts of our religious use to use entheogens for our purpose, our spiritual beliefs.

Of course if you do not use the drugs for spiritual beliefs then you have no credible reason for doing them. Have fun when you find someone who finds you sense of recklessness as a insult. Not having respect for yourself is a true shame. Arm yourself with knowledge and have respect for yourself and the spiritual tools you are using.

Also you should pay homage to your founders who sought out and discovered the substances you admire. Taking LSD and not knowing who Albert Hoffman or Timothy Leary is purely insulting to the community you partake in.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineRocket75377
Stranger
    #4989412 - 11/28/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the advice. I think I may not have been totally clear in my original post. The reason I was asking about going to the woods is that I hope to induce a truly spiritual experience. I've had some phenomenally spiritual times on mushrooms, but am a stranger to mescaline. I've only been outside a few times on mushrooms, and only in an urban setting.

The place where I plan on making my journey is in a very familiar location, away from people. It's a beautiful wooded area, in northern Michigan, dotted with natural springs and crisscrossed with small streams. A short walk over a hill and you'll find a wide, fast-moving river. Everything there is so amazingly beautiful anyway....

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #4989675 - 11/28/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fluxburn said:
Everyone who even considers doing psychedelic drugs should read up on those who founded them so to speak. The free online erowid library at http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/books_online.shtml should be read before consuming the substances.

For mescaline read The Doors of Perception, by Aldous Huxley
For LSD read LSD : My Problem Child, by Albert Hoffman
For Ecstasy read E for Ecstasy, by Nicholas Saunders

Really anyone who does psychedelic drugs should read every single piece of literature in that library. Not only does it tell you the history behind the subject, but some give a modern application to the drugs. Such Pot TV has entheogen conferences which discuss the modern societal impacts of our religious use to use entheogens for our purpose, our spiritual beliefs.

hmmm.... should natives in other cultures who participate in ancient customs involving psychedelics be subject to this criteria?

how about the young children who are involved in such customs, should this be required reading?

methinks you are imparting your own personal values on psychedlics which have been in use for probably thousands of years before your cultures values ever appeared.

Quote:

Fluxburn said:
Of course if you do not use the drugs for spiritual beliefs then you have no credible reason for doing them. Have fun when you find someone who finds you sense of recklessness as a insult. Not having respect for yourself is a true shame. Arm yourself with knowledge and have respect for yourself and the spiritual tools you are using.

people should take these drugs for the reasons you think and not for their own reasons. i love the spiritual aspects of the things i have tried, but according to your thinking my wife and i shouldn't even take a few grams of shrooms to get giggly and hang out together.

Quote:

Fluxburn said:
Also you should pay homage to your founders who sought out and discovered the substances you admire. Taking LSD and not knowing who Albert Hoffman or Timothy Leary is purely insulting to the community you partake in.

do you pay homage to the culture most associated with peyote, or how about if you take a lortab do you pay homage to the pharmaceutical company or the ancient poppy growers and opium den owners?

should we pay homage to whatever culture is most associated with the particular strain of mushroom we are taking?

man that sure could get confusing...

i think knowledge is just wise advice as a general rule and moreso for this subject....otherwise i didn't agree with a word of what you wrote. just mho

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4989881 - 11/28/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The place where I plan on making my journey is in a very familiar location, away from people. It's a beautiful wooded area, in northern Michigan, dotted with natural springs and crisscrossed with small streams. A short walk over a hill and you'll find a wide, fast-moving river. Everything there is so amazingly beautiful anyway....

sounds awesome! make sure you bring enough to drink, maybe some food and some warm clothes. bringing mussic can be a good idea too. enjoy! :laugh:

ps dopnt'end up getting lost or something, let someone you trust know where you are :thumbup:
also be prepared that mesc trips can last a long time!

OfflineInTheFlesh714
Drunk
Male User Gallery
Loc: (714)
Re: Mescaline V. Mushrooms in the woods [Re: stefan]
    #4990021 - 11/28/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

About how long is a mescaline trip?

Offlinesyrrus
Stranger
Re: Mescaline V. Mushrooms in the woods [Re: InTheFlesh714]
    #4990046 - 11/28/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I would say do the mushrooms in the woods, and the mescaline at home, then do mescaline in the woods once you've got a good hold on it. And ++ props to you for the spirituality, very respectable.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #4990987 - 11/28/05 06:00 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Mescaline is more handleable and less confusing than mushrooms. I think it would be harder to get lost or freak out on mescaline. However I think mushrooms might work better with the woods because their visual style. Mushrooms seem to have more organic/fractal/paisley effects while mescaline is more mayan/indian/webs and lines with much less waviness and twisteness. Mescaline does last longer than shrooms, it goes from 8-12 hours depending on dose. Both make me want to lay down, but mescaline is a little less mentally energizing and more dreamy.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains