Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChinkey
Hacker
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky, U.S.A.
Grow Kit Questions!!!!!! need help
    #4980213 - 11/25/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

hello... shroomery is very helpful... i got a gro kit, instructions are very mundane... cheap bastards..... anyway, i know i should give them lighting, but how much? i have the grow box in a closet, above a water heater, on the highest shelf, on a box. should i but a fan in there to circulate the air? the instructions said not to have a light closer than 3 feet. is this true? also, after all the flushes, how would i take spores and keep them for later "study"? i read something about cloning shrooms... how is this done? after the flushes are over, could i add something to make it continue? sorry for the long type...

--------------------
"Doctors: Legal Drug Dealers"
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
--:~~~-.oOo o`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Grow Kit Questions!!!!!! need help [Re: Chinkey]
    #4980325 - 11/25/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well...that is the case with a lot of kits....the instructions are shit.

I'm not sure where you are with your kit, but if it is ready to fruit, most people give it a 12/12 light cycle. Some do less, but that is what most people use.

You don't want the light right on top of your substrate and or casing. The heat from the light could cause it to dry out very quickly.....so, 2-3 feet away is pretty good. my light is about 1.5ft away.

air exchange is important when fruiting, not so much when incubating. During incubation, it does need some air, but not a lot.

As far as "cloning" or anything else goes....I would actually buy your supplies and do a grow on your own b4 attempting to do any of that. Going strait from a kit to cloning is a pretty big step to take. you really have to learn the growing process first, which a kit doesn't really help you to understand IMO.

If you want to save some spores for future "research", wait until you have some fruits. Once they fully mature, you can take a spore print. To do that, cut of the cap of the matured fruit, and put it down on a piece of foil or glass. Cover the cap and foil with a glass. Wait about 24h and you should have a nice dark print for future use.

Suggestion:

If you want to start off with a kit, that's fine....from there I would go out and buy all of your supplies and do a grow on your own. Once successful at that, then start looking into cloning and using other substrates, spawning, etc. Read through some of the links in my sig...some helpful info there on doing your own grow.

GL TO YA!

Edited by srgtm1a (11/25/05 02:49 PM)

InvisibleChinkey
Hacker
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky, U.S.A.
Re: Grow Kit Questions!!!!!! need help [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4981076 - 11/25/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for being so generous with info. that is very helpful. even though there is no karma rater here, i give u +K!!!!

--------------------
"Doctors: Legal Drug Dealers"
-----.-'~~~-.
---.'o oOOOo`.
--:~~~-.oOo o`.
---`. \ ~-. oOOo.
-----`.; / ~. OO:
-----.' ;-- `.o.'
----,' ; ~~--'~
----; ;
_\\;_\\//_

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck