Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewbieShroomer

Loc: San Diego California Baby...
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: eatyualive]
    #466575 - 11/22/01 11:35 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hey man!

People will ALWAYS have something they think is better to add or take away from a tek.

Your pix look great! You obviously spent some considerable time and preparation into this tek, and it obviously works!

I?m adding it to my tek collection, thanks!

:)

--------------------
If things get any worse, I'll have to ask you to stop helping me.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
http://www.Mycotopia.net

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShaw

#466601 - 11/22/01 12:19 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

nobody disputed that it worked . they were just asking what was different about this one. Most casing teks involve crumbling the cakes in a dish or tray, and casing with vermiculite or peat and lime.

--------------------

OfflineBard
Ultrahuman
Male User Gallery

#467235 - 11/23/01 02:11 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you!

But you didn?t answer my question about the brown rice flour cake. You know I?m a beginner, and I want to make only small steps, and I tried the PF Tek so far, with BRF. I like your Tek, but I want to try it if it works with that substrate (dont want to change to another yet...). So what substrate do you use? Is BRF will be good for this tek?

Bard

--------------------
So dreaming let's you know reality exists.

I don't belive. I fear.

OfflineBard
Ultrahuman
Male User Gallery

Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: Shaw]
    #467240 - 11/23/01 02:17 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I?ve no experience in casing, but as far as I know, in casing, there is a thicker layer of the crumbled cakes. two inches maybe. I was sent to here, when I asked for a Tek, where the first flush is very big, maybe taking away from the next ones. The idea was, that the more surface area the more mushies... I don?t know, but it sounds logical... Just count. If you use a 1/2 inch layer instead of 2 inches, the surface will be 4 times larger! More mushies in the first flush... At least I think...

--------------------
So dreaming let's you know reality exists.

I don't belive. I fear.

OfflineFungusBoi
Hedonist
Male
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: Bard]
    #486786 - 12/11/01 12:15 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

man, just look at the ton of shrooms he?s getting! how can ANYONE dis such a successful tek? man, i can only imagine the profits....

--------------------
"Never rest for even a second, because a second becomes a minute, a minute becomes an hour, a hour becomes a day, and a day, a lifetime" -PTEI

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#496010 - 12/19/01 02:30 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Holy sh*t.
This is a tek I am going to try for sure. It looks somewhat easy I suppose.

Just takes the extra step of crumbling and then re-incubating so the mycilum grows. However instead of having the mycilum grow through the top and using that as the base of the shroooms, hes using the verm as just the base for a cake, sort of like a launching pad, correct?

For some reason, this "casing" TEK makes the most sense to me...seems very logical, and look at those resluts. The enviornment must be setup quite well for growing as well.

Anonymous

#497779 - 12/21/01 11:38 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

incredible....cant wait till i get started :)

OfflineSexWizard
Stranger
Loc: SoCal
    #497833 - 12/21/01 12:44 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yet another Laim Tek were you get more huh?s? and what? than anything else.

--------------------
"Ya Ya Blah Blah Whatever"

Offlineaka
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: SexWizard]
    #498280 - 12/21/01 10:37 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i gotta say that props are given where ever they are deserved. so props on the nice crop.

however, there?s a few things that u should consider b4 making this your regular tek.

1. it takes 3-4 weeks for a BRF cake to fully mature, and u?r sayin to wait another week after that b4 u break them up. (4-5 weeks right there)

where as Rye grain will colonize in about 2-3 weeks b4 they are ready to be cased (that puts an extra 2 weeks in between your crop cycles)

2. To innoculate each jar is about 1 ml of spore solution, so if it takes 3 cakes per dish, if u want a big square of 4 total u?ll need 12ml ( that?s more than 1 sirynge)

this is opposed to Rye / Millet jars which need about 2 ml per Quart jar. each jar can be mixed to make 1 Large or 2 small casings. So (unless u?re making tons of spore prints) u?re wastin solution.

3. Lastly, ur? taking off the casing layer, and depriving the cakes of a source of constant moisture. Unless of course they?re placed on perlite. in which case, it?s simply a flat cake like u said.
(it looks like pizza btw :) )

so once again, it?s an interesting tek, and props for making it work for u. there?s a chance that i may give it a shot some time in the future, but i may do it a lil differently, thats all.

my 2 cents on the idea
a.k.a.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: aka]
    #498364 - 12/22/01 12:05 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

pizza? I was thinking more like lasagna.

Offlineskippy420
Stranger
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: Brugman]
    #498404 - 12/22/01 12:52 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

SexWizard, what a fucking moron. Eatyualive, this Tek is the easiest way to grow the most shrooms by far. Anyone who says anything else obviously hasn?t tried it or failed miserably because they are ignorant, and are the ones missing out on what some of us already know. I just don?t see what motivates worthless losers like SexWizard to talk shit for no reason at all when you are offering everyone valuable knowledge.

Offlineaka
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: skippy420]
    #498432 - 12/22/01 01:22 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

it may be easy, but its far from the most bang for your buck, that?s all i gotta say
that?s basically cause its the beginners PF cake tek expanded half a step towards casing, but not quite.

it also leaves out some of the important procedures for taking proper care of your crop, such as contained, sterile environment, high relative humidity and constant temperature (it?s hard to keep temperature constant in front of a window, considering it can be 85 in the day time and 65 at night).

think about that and compare it to any casing tek. then think again, and tell me how the Flat Cake tek can be refined.

THEN u will have a tek worthwhile all the extra time.

a.k.a.

Edited by aka (12/22/01 01:31 AM)

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: LSD_4me]
    #573386 - 03/06/02 08:00 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

how the hell can you say that this method yields less than a casing ?
got any facts or figures to back up that assertion ?
you shouldn?t put down
what you don?t understand.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinemichael_ahji

Loc: HAWAII
    #572595 - 03/07/02 02:50 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

hey wussups alohas. umm ive been dyin to try out your tek. i tried doing up two of my pyrex dishes on the 28 of feb. and today is the 7 of march. the three cakes per pyrex container that were broken up arent looking like its growing together into one cake. but it is turning a little more white though and a lot of condensation is building in the container. i dont think i packed it in good enough.
-would you know what im doing wrong here?
-are you supposed to pack the crumbled substrate down really tight into the pyrex container? and how bout the vermiculite?
-can i leave the flat cakes incubating for a little while longer than what you recommend in your tek?
haha i wanna really get this get on the way. shit after seeing your yeilds. damn cakes rock.
i really need your help master. haha asap.
alohas. lates.

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: michael_ahji]
    #572720 - 03/07/02 05:28 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

flat cake tek is a forest floor thing they?re all crazy about it over there... personally i just dont understand why you dont case... your yield looks nice definitley and im not bashing you or anything... but it just seems like it takes more time and work than a casing and yields less... just my opinion though, nice pics... did you guys know cubies will grow on recycled newspaper kitty litter, a guy used some to spawn into these flat cakes on the forest floor and they actually liked the newspaper... i guess cubies are wood lovers after all...

OfflineBuddha
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: Hippie3]
    #588481 - 03/24/02 08:27 PM (22 years, 10 days ago)

I?m sure there are a lot of people who have tried this tek who have also cased. So, which method yields more weight relative to surface area? It seems that most of the mushrooms are growing out the sides of the flat cakes. So wouldn?t it yeild more if you put a thin casing layer on top of the cake after birthing, in the same way that people put some casing on top of regular cakes?

Offlinejdtwelve
Loc: Central MI
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: Buddha]
    #738231 - 07/11/02 04:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I am planning on trying this method with my own additions- based on the responses that this thread has gotten, I am going to do the flat cake and then lut a small casing layer on the top (probably 50/50 PLUS) It makes perfect sense to me that this kind of thing could potentially fruit more than just cakes. I am guessing that there will be a very even pinset as well, considering the fact that the top layer will be COMPLETELY flat and even. even casings mean even pinning. Perhaps I will try the exact tek AND the casing layer at the same time and see which one gets better results. I?ll keep you guys posted. Great tek, makes sense to me!

OfflineAlice_In_Chains
journeyman
Re: Flat Cake Tek Version 1 [Re: jdtwelve]
    #738260 - 07/11/02 04:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Wow! Cant argue with those results. Nice work! Ill probably use this tek sometime.

OfflineMadDhAdDeR420
enthusiast
Loc: Arizona
    #744933 - 07/14/02 06:49 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

there not dissing your tek buddy there just puting there 2 cents in thats the point of posting isn?t it your tek is an ok tek but it seems like it would be a pain in the ass. You can do somthing that is basicly the same thing thats alot easier. I know of teks that won?t take up so much space and it won?t take up so much of your cake with better results. Your tek is ok but it?s a pain in the ass well thats what it seems like. and if your going to post a tek people are going to say somthing about it and there not dissing you or it so if you don?t like people judging your tek don?t post it.

WELL THATS MY 2 CENTS.
come up w/ a better tek

--------------------
Live life to the fullest.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: eatyualive]
    #745015 - 07/14/02 07:40 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate