Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBabyGrasshopper
Stranger
Dosing quickly v. dosing slowly; preventing nausea
    #4971856 - 11/23/05 08:46 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have a question...

I tripped for the first time about 3 weeks ago and loved it!  There were some scary moments, but all in all, it was a good experience.  When I tripped though, my husband ground up dried shrooms and we put it in some hot Lipton tea.  We made sure to stir the cup before every sip so we got a steady stream of dosing.  And so there wasn't a big glop of shrooms at the bottom of our tea.  :eek:  Even though I was preparing myself for nausea, the tea was warm and comforting and was sipped over a 20 - 30 minute period.  It really tasted more like a mushroom boullioun (sp?) than Lipton tea.  (Which gives me an idea for the next time I trip.  Maybe use Swanson's Fatfree chicken broth???)  We did it on empty tummies and I experienced very little nausea through my whole trip.

A lot of the trip reports I'm reading, mention eating them fresh or dried, putting in food (pizza), or grinding them up and downing them in OJ like a shot of tequila or something.  It seems a lot of people ar struggling with nausea and even vomiting.

So my question is, has anyone found that dosing a dried form slowly, versus eating/drinking fresh makes a difference in the level of nausea you experience?  Is anyone willing to experiment and let me know?  (I won't be tripping again for awhile, which is why I'm wondering if anyone's willing to compare notes.)

Or is it possibly the strain/type of mushrooms taken in?  My hubby and I dosed on an Ecuadorian strain.  Would that make a difference in nausea level?

Thanks for putting up with a newbie.  :wink:

BabyGrasshopper

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: Dosing quickly v. dosing slowly; preventing nausea [Re: BabyGrasshopper]
    #4972391 - 11/23/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Not sure, but on a personal not I only get nausea from caps, never when I only eat stems. I've pretty much been eating only stems for the last 10 years.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
Re: Dosing quickly v. dosing slowly; preventing nausea [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4972616 - 11/23/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Ello.
Well. There are various posts about this and similair topics. Something you can do to reduce nasuea is to eat mushrooms on an empty stomach. Tea is also more easy-going on the stomach and will generally kick in faster. Hmm interesting information Masons Child. I have never heard that before nor have found any evidence or information leading up to such a conclusion. However, that does not mean it is not true. To each his own. Goodluck.

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: Dosing quickly v. dosing slowly; preventing nausea [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4972619 - 11/23/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yea. Spreading out your eating does prevent nausea well from my experience, but taking it all at once Makes it way more intense. It can be wroth the nausea. The nausea will pass. The nausea is caused by the intense experience lol getting dissy etc.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineMushroomMonster
Stranger
Re: Dosing quickly v. dosing slowly; preventing nausea [Re: mikeownow]
    #4972723 - 11/23/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I get worse nausea from stems wierd. Only time I puked was from eating a grip of stems and like 1-2 caps, most of the time I'm fine just gotta keep your mind off it. I was like "god I need to puke" and I fucking threw up right then.

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

Re: Dosing quickly v. dosing slowly; preventing nausea [Re: MushroomMonster]
    #4973772 - 11/23/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i always feel nausea, to varying degrees. it's normal for me to vomit. the last three trips i've taken dramamine beforehand and two of the three times i didn't throw up. not sure if that's a psychosomatic effect or even related to the dramamine. i've never tried tea though, i'm going to have to do that next time.
the nausea is always worth it, in a weird way, but avoiding it would of course be preferred. vomiting while tripping is one of the strangest experiences  :mushroom2:

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Invisiblelegin595
Re: Dosing quickly v. dosing slowly; preventing nausea *DELETED* [Re: TrippingDuality]
    #4983554 - 11/26/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by legin595

Reason for deletion: please delete

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: Dosing quickly v. dosing slowly; preventing nausea [Re: legin595]
    #4983580 - 11/26/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I always make sure to eat on an empty stomach. If I do them at night I don't eat anything all day long. My friends and I have never had nausea because of the empty stomach thing.

Plus when I eat them, I do it quickly. I try to eat them all within 5 minutes. If it is 2 grams then I eat them all at once. Throw em in my mouth chew and swallow with juice. If I eat them slow the taste stays in my mouth longer and I hate it.

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: Dosing quickly v. dosing slowly; preventing nausea [Re: legin595]
    #4983583 - 11/26/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I think the nausea is caused by the spores, so you may want to try getting rid of all the spores before you eat them (maybe with compressed air?). Spores are encased in some of the hardest material in nature, they are probably very hard for your stomache to digest which leads to nausea.

At least this is what I've read in my hours of browsing the web :wink:

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Dosing quickly v. dosing slowly; preventing nausea [Re: Kodath]
    #4984774 - 11/26/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i only feel serious nausea when i eat 5 grams or more. To me sometimes the taste of the mushrooms themselves can be enough to make me feel pretty sick. Last couple of trips ive been using hersheys choco and havent experienced much more then a "tight" feeling in the stomach.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag