Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBosCube
Dogs seem to know...
    #320014 - 05/18/01 08:35 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Whenever I saw a dog while I was tripping it seemed like the dog knew or how I sort of knew what the dog was thinking or wanting, there seems to be some connection. And I always thought it is good to look at the animals while tripping.
First time I was tripping on mushies this dog just kept appearing and I played with it and then it made me go to this plays with it where I was amazed by the view (heeps cool).
Did anyone else experience anything similar with animals or knows about any connection of animals and mushies?

Edited by BosCube on 05/18/01 11:01 AM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: BosCube]
    #320156 - 05/18/01 01:49 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Whenever I'm on acid my dog will be right with me. If me and my friends are sitting staring at stuff, the dog is sitting right with us. Once I went for a walk in the woods and my dog lead me and my friend all over the place. It does sometimes seem like my dog knows, but I am tripping when it seems like this, so who knows.

"If a man has character, he has also his typical experience, which always recurs."-Nietzche

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Offlinemiles
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: the universe]
    #320158 - 05/18/01 01:52 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

whenever i trip, my dog seems to lay down next to me and keep quiet. one time,as soon as i was coming back to reality, my dog ran up and greeted me like i just walked in the door, which in effect i was doing, except it was the door back to reality. they have consciousness like we do, just in a different form.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #320159 - 05/18/01 01:53 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Dogs are so nice to have around when you're tripping. I've also noticed that it seems like they know. I feel like I can communicate with the dog much better. It's usually comforting having a furry animal at your side during a trip.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Offlinemiles
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #320169 - 05/18/01 02:08 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

whenever i trip, i always have these weird thoughts about dogs, animals, all living things. its sort of like we all have the same consciousness, but depending on how we are packaged when we enter the world (person, dog, tree) we can do different things. however, the core is the same. i also don't think of my dog as "mine" when i am tripping, i think of it as a good friend that just happens to be hanging out with me. weird....great to have them around though.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #320198 - 05/18/01 02:41 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

> Re: Dogs seem to know...

"seem"

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
    #320291 - 05/18/01 04:36 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

My dog gets really nervous while I'm tripping... it's weird... She will sit around with me, and just lay down wherever I'm sitting, but if I try to pet her or anything, she will clench up, where I can actually feel all of her muscles tightening, like she is scared of me. She usually loves to be pet... And if I try to make peace with her, talk to her ya know, she will get up, and go to a different room to lay down... It's weird.. maybe my hugely enlarged pupils scare her or something... Or maybe I am acting really odd without even really realizing it... She will also sometimes just start acting crazy herself, like walking into an empty room, staring at a wall, and barking/howling her head off.. She acts very strangely every time I trip at home.. But she is still my good buddy.

//sananaB cinataS tronS I//

--------------------

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: BosCube]
    #320293 - 05/18/01 04:40 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: Alien]
    #320297 - 05/18/01 04:43 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Wow Alien, your dog sounds like mine then, read my above post, at least someone else has a dog that goes crazy over trippers!!

--------------------

OfflineBosCube
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: zeuzjuz]
    #320399 - 05/18/01 06:49 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I sort of slightly think that there is something similar between dogs and humans that are tripping. The reason I think this is that while you tripping your pupils go very big just like dogs eyes. You can see and hear every slightest noise that there is and I seem to react to each little noise just like a dog does.
So it made me sort of think that at certain level our senses become like those of a dog which is that we can sense, smell hear, feel and see everything much better. It makes that that is why the dogs when they see you trpping are sort of confused. The dog I mentioned from my first trip was the best thing it could have happened to me that night. But once I saw this dog that was with this security guard, and the dog just wouldn't take his eyes of me till I actually walked around the corner where he couldn't see me. I found that quite fun since it was confusing the shit out of the security guard and I was just smiling at the dog as he was staring. I really love dogs in general so I think they are great to trip with. At certain times at my first trip while I was running behind the dog it seemed like I could see as much as he could see while running. It was as I was at same hight as the dog while running and the grass was just flying past my eyes, it was great. Then the dog stopped at the top of the stairs looked at me and shook his head towards down the stairs (as trying to tell me to come down), and he runned down the stairs. I followed and the dog was gone but I was amazed by the beautiful view and the waves breaking on the rocks, all thanks to that dog.
Dog kept coming back the whole night while we were at this aprk and he was just doing this huge circles around the centre of the park where we were, and would just appear all of sudden to great us. He was coming from all directions. At the times it seemed like there was more than one dog, but I think the dog was just trying to spin us out by appearing from all different directions.

Offlinefurioustriffid
Stranger
Loc: new york (need ride to ra...
    #320456 - 05/18/01 08:15 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

upon reaching a state of ego destruction, i found myself laughing hysterically and i destroyed all the possessions in my room (not angrily, just musingly kicking them over because i saw all material things as complete trash). I was exclaiming "the animals are right, they are laughing at us---they don't horde things because they know all this stuff is junk." In this state i realized myself as nothing more than an animal, the same as a dog (not a socialized dog tho, they behave slightly oddly given their neutering and the restrictions of their freedom created by human masters/dependance/punishments). How fucked up the dog doctors tell you to squirt a dog in the eye with a water gun if it 'misbehaves'...who defines 'misbehaving'? my parents freak when the dog begs at the table...it is so strange to watch their fury when it is just sitting there with hopeful eyes...they view it as an enemy and start screaming and squirting it.
In a past shroom trip i also existed in a telepathic shroom trip with a dog that was walking past at a distance of 150 feet...quite far...i was tripping and the humans on my college campus all looked absurd to me in the ways they were behaving and there was a dude walking his dog and i became really excited because the dog was "in reality" with me, like i could see that the dog and i both knew this and no one else did--the dog was looking at me and kept pulling against his leash....he was dragged by his owner farther and farther away and kept turning around and trying to walk toward me and the owner kept looking back trying to see what the dog wanted....i cant imagine what was in the dogs head unless it is the thing a dog gets when it sees any other dog where it ignores all the humans present and just wants to frolic with the dog....absurd as it sounds, i believe i was in the state of dogginess, the playful animal state, and the dog could see this and was excited.
my parents dog plays with the cats in the same way it plays with other dogs, running around them and chasing them around. the cats are terrified. so a dog may not see the difference between itself and other species...its playful nature is so pure and goodnatured toward any living thing that doesn't threaten it.

i wanna fuck sheep

--------------------
i wanna fuck sheep

Offlinenarc monkey
old hand
Loc: Canada
    #321169 - 05/19/01 07:10 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

zeuzjuz, your dog is exactly like mine as well. i think that you described the behaviour very well also. She will lay at my feet, but if i get up to get a drink or something, she runs away. she always comes back once i sit down again. my dog also starts staring into space, then suddenly runs off, it kinda scares me whilst trippin. I tried to trick her once by wearing sunglasses, but she still knew.

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: narc monkey]
    #321654 - 05/20/01 01:17 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Haha... you really wore sunglasses to try and trick her? That's funny... Maybe I'll try that... It's like now we have gotten a little older, instead of trying to trick our parents we are trying to trick the dog! Yeah it is kinda scary, the way she acts when I'm dosed, because she often starts making me think that things are going on outside that I don't know about, she also runs to the front door alot, as if someone was coming home. It's weird, and sometimes I have to put her outside in the yard while I am peaking just because she is freaking me so.

--------------------

OfflineGuerrilla0726
Bringer ofChange
    #4969243 - 11/22/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

dogs are so much fun to play with when trippin

Offlinesic_zim85
Bach's Bitch

Loc: Brainsville
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: Guerrilla0726]
    #4969297 - 11/22/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Animals know man. Everytime I used to smoke at one of my friends house, his dog would always whine like we were hurting or something. I don't know how but man it's sort of comforting to know that you can connect with an animal when you out of sorts, at least for me any how. Personally, I believe when you are on boomers, you can communicate with all things extremely well. Maybe not with words persay (sometimes I've been known to talk in circles and it makes no sense to whom I'm speaking to) but at least on another level. There is definatly something interesting about mushrooms and the aura that you can give off when you're on them. Man, it has been a while since I last tripped on boomers. The next time I get a chance to with an animal, I'm going to research it.

=ERik=

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: sic_zim85]
    #4970848 - 11/22/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah they know, they have to.

Dogs don't even have to see you eyes, they can hear your quickened heartbeat, they can smell the odors coming off you that means there is something different.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: Kingkole]
    #4970901 - 11/22/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

so true Kingkole.

my cat is very much in the know when we are tripping. it's almost like she enjoys it, like i recognise her 'ancient' presence when my senses are heightened.

while i pat her, the sounds of her purr make colourful patterns. symbiosis is a beautiful thing.

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

OfflineEnCHaNTeDHoBBiT
Drug Connoisseur

Loc: Crawling on The Forest Fl...
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: Kingkole]
    #4970916 - 11/22/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I truly believe they can sense it, if not through the smell of our sweat then through our sense of excitement and fear. Perhaps they notice our extreme blissfulness and they relate the smell of trip sweat to this behavior. I have experienced this every time since my 3 chihuahuas go everywhere I go. I work at home so I even get to observe their natural daily behaviors. I do know the exhilarating excitement they seem to posses is caused by our mind exploring. They really do know when we are on another level.

--------------------
"Statements above are absolutely fictional fragments of delusional, reoccuring Dreams."

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: EnCHaNTeDHoBBiT]
    #4971312 - 11/23/05 01:40 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have a feeling that they can sense the slightest change in the tone of your voice, or even the way you move to pet them. But I always feel much more animalistic in a good way when I'm high/tripping. It's one of my favorite parts of tripping. I've even had a magical moment with a few squirrels one trip. I've always loved animals though.

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: Dogs seem to know... [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #4972415 - 11/23/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yup, they can tell something is up. Mine usually stare at me looking like they want to ask me if I'm ok or something. Me and my old lady are going through some shit now and they have been acting weird around us this week, they can sense things are tense.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale