Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Avoiding or getting out of bad trips.
    #4967603 - 11/22/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Personnaly, I tend to take the opnion that - you are responsible for your own trip, and it should not be upto those around you to try and baby you through your trip to make sure nothing goes wrong. That isnt to say you dont try and help out someone if they are starting to freak out - but, I really do think that in the end of it - you are responsible for yourself.

For me, I've found that even while on high doses / near lvl 5 trips / etc - I can usualy talk myself out of a bad situation, or do things to calm myself down without placing the burden onto those around me. I've also found that if things are starting to go bad for me, having 'help' from other people dose more harm than good, and I'm better at getting myself out of a 'bad trip' more than other people - but, thats personal I suppose.

Anywho, some tips/things I do.

If you are feeling uncomfortable - I pretty much have a mental check-list of things that /may/ be making me uncomfortable. ie:

- am I cold?
- am I hot?
- do I have to go pee, fart, or shit?
- am I thirsty?

I've found all of the above have been sources of anxiety for me in the past before. All I knew was "something is wrong?!" - my body was trying to tell me something, but I was to high to figure it out. Instead of freaking out, I pretty much went down a check list

- am I feeling cold? - try putting on a blanket or a sweater to see if it helps.
- or, am I hot? - try taking off clothes / etc
- go sit on the shitter, maybe I'm uncomfoy because the pain in my gut is just gas - no need to freak out.

Some times, I've been too -?!$?' to know what exactly it is - so I'd try all of the above until I got myself back into a comfy happy space. I remember first going through this at an outdoor party. I was terribly uncomfy, getting pretty anxious and not knowing why - so I just started to do things like - try and pee, put on a blanket, find water - and all of these things helped.

My body was trying to tell me things - but my mind wasnt able to interpet them 'automatically' like it normally dose - so I had to put my brain into manual, not automatic :smile:

Then, there are the obvious ones : change setting and/or music. Are you feeling closed in, closterphobic? maybe you need to go outside - instead of running around the house freaking out, step outside and see if that helps. Are things simply too intense and your brain cant keep up? cut out stimulation - turn off or change music, turn off the lights - or, if that makes it worse - turn them back on. I've often found that if I'm feeling anxious, it can simply be because its TOO bright and I'm getting stimulation overload, and a bit of darkness can do wonders. Some times,. maybe the music is too fast or too angry - turning it off, or changing it to something more relaxing can help.

Try and remind yourself of things like
- It's ONLY a drug. It /WILL/ end.
- "I've read trip reports of people who went through this - they are fine now, I will be fine too"
- Mushrooms (or LSD) are not fatal, they cant killl you

the 1st time I felt a mush trip starting to go bad, my initial thoughts were "OMG, I've done too much, this is never going to end, I am going to die, I've lost it" and started to panic abit. But, I forced myself to stop, and started to remeber all of the things I read about mushrooms, all of the trip reports, etc and was "wait no! I will be fine", and quickly snapped out of it.

- Dont fight the trip, dont try and end it - trying to do these two things will just create more fear, fusturation and anxiety.

- Dont sweat the small stuff - cant find your keys? cant find your wallet? - unless you're 100% reliant, life depends on those items - just let it go. Its not worth spazzing out over.

I remeber awhile ago, tripping with my BF, we were out in a park and he asks me for my lighter (had just bought an expensive butane torch one). Anywho, I couldnt find it - we start to panic for no real reason, running around trying to find it - and just having things get increasingly annoying. Then, I was just "fuckit, the lighter isnt worth getting upset over", stopped myself and him from looking for it and just carried on enjoying our trip. Turns out it was in my back pocket - and I found it shortly after stopping to look for it. But, letting little things like that ruin your trip is NOT worth it.

Dunno, maybe its because I've tripped solo so often - I just find that it really should be the trippers responsability to look after themselfs while tripping or on any drugs really. The only exception to this is if someone is supplying you with something for the first time.

ie: first few times I do E, or shrooms with a friend who's doing it for the first time. I'll put extra effort into looking out for them, but there comes a point of 'ok, if this is your 1000th time, you should know how to handle things by now'.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: Avoiding or getting out of bad trips. [Re: kaniz]
    #4967781 - 11/22/05 10:38 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with you. When you take shrooms you know what you are doing and you should know what could happen. If you don't then you shouldn't be taking them.

I believe that if you rely on other people to calm you down you bring them down too. It puts a bump in their road and can send them into a bad trip.

I haven't experienced a bad trip yet but I am sure I will someday and I believe that I am prepared for it. Shit happens and I think that when it does happen you need to just stop and think "Hey these are shrooms and I will come down eventually." I know that "eventually" may seem like an eternity on shrooms but it WILL happen.

Just don't bother anyone else especially if they are tripping.

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Avoiding or getting out of bad trips. [Re: kungpow]
    #4967793 - 11/22/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Go to an emergency room ....it sooo comforting

of course I am kidding....it made mine ten times worse.....

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Offlinebigprospect187
Stranger
Re: Avoiding or getting out of bad trips. [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #4967860 - 11/22/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Nice write up, and I totally agree with you!! Good job!

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: Avoiding or getting out of bad trips. [Re: bigprospect187]
    #4967963 - 11/22/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yes I agree. I had a bad trip. Wanna know why? I had to pee. 2 hours of bad trip. Even made me throw up. I still was having the bad trip so I went under a blanket. Still felt bad. Thought I peed my self. I didn't. Finlay I got up went to the bathroom and peed. 100% good trip from there.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineAnimals
Just Danson inthe Dark
 User Gallery

Re: Avoiding or getting out of bad trips. [Re: mikeownow]
    #4968464 - 11/22/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I agree you can not wait around for a bad trip to get better(found that out the hard way until a buddy of mine saved me), do something to drastically change your environment or mind state. Usually the shock of something new can make you forget about whatever was bothering you.

Offlineaustin_powers
Wash uffitzedrive me tofirenze

Loc: The Mushroom Spotted Plai...
    #4969051 - 11/22/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I've got a bunch of this Lunesta stuff, it's a sleeping pill, would it work to slam 3 or 4 of those down to make yourself pass out and end a trip?

--------------------
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." ?George Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: Avoiding or getting out of bad trips. [Re: austin_powers]
    #4969284 - 11/22/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I cant really say yes or no. I guess it depends what you were on to begin with. I've read of people using things like Xanax to help take the anxiety edge off of a bad trip. I've used Ativan once or twice to help take a bit of the edge off myself (after my fire alarm went off in my building). But, they didnt 'end the trip'.

I'm not sure how popping sleeping pills would react - I know that if you take something like Ambien, and force yourself to stay awake - you will start to trip. I cant say for certian, but there could be the chance that the 'stimulating' aspects of the drugs, may just force you to stay awake while the sleeping pill tries to knock you out - and you just end up even tripping harder - and Ambien trips also tend to come with a heavy dose of amnesia - not nessicarly a good thing, espically if you're already tripping on another substance.

although ambien and lunesta are different chemicals, they are both classafied as "SEDATIVES/HYPNOTICS".

Personnaly, I havent done it - so I cant say for certian. I've used sleeping pills to help knock me out after a trip - but never during.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#4969311 - 11/22/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Also, found a trip report on erowid about how lunesta interacted with a guys 5-meo-DIPT.

Quote:

Ok, this isnt so much a 'my soul changed' type experience. But it was a case of the combined effects did not equal the individual experiences.

For the past few days I had been taking zopliclone to correct my sleeping patterns to something 'regular'. One night I felt like a hit of foxy so I pulled out the pipe just before I fell asleep.

Now, I've never really had visuals off foxy, and Im not sure if many people ever do but as soon as it hit me the carpet started to move (similar to the simple visuals I get on acid, mushies, mescaline from patterned objects) but it really was moving now, I mean about a foot above the ground in swells, kinda like a storm.

Well F I thought, this is great but I can't stay awake, I've got work. So Off goes my light. This wasn't a great idea. Everything that was moving before, just got pissed off, on top of that anything which wasnt regular (eg the door hand wrt to the rest of the door) started to grow some very strange, well things. They remind me of the aliens depicted in the movie final fantasy, except they wernt luminecant but instead based on the the aterial the protruded from.

Ok so on top of that I got a lot of very cool visuals which I mostly can't remember or can't put into words. Ohh for a mind's eye camera.

The point of this post is that the other day I took zopiclone (by itself) and the visuals started all over again. That was fine but they havent stopped for about 3 days. I think its dying down...its just really hard to convince myself that my hand isnt covered in small fleshy tentacles when I can clearly see them, loook at them!

As a side note, if you do get to this stage by accident, try closing one eye and focusing on the edge of your nose. Its interesting what pops up to say hi.

man I rant

Offlinesic_zim85
Bach's Bitch

Loc: Brainsville
    #4969340 - 11/22/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with most of what you've said as well. Keeping in mind when its a first timer or its the first time they have had a bad trip with only a handful of trips, you kind of need to step in and be a protector. Some people can't handle it and yes they shouldn't be tripping if they can't handle it but saying no to some one in a bad trip is kind of like saying let a baby get its own food. I do say that if someone is making themself have a bad trip by doing things that are going to make them freak out then yes it is there own fault and this is the world they wanted to enter. My mind set when I trip is always,"This experience is going to help change my views on what I've just been doing, living life on auto-pilot." It's kind of funny but when I trip I put a lot of thought into how to tie my shoes or how to put on a coat. It's amazing what the human body allows us to do, and sometimes we just neglect the power of our own bodies. Especially by saying,"I'm gonna go get myself shot at because thats what our country wants us to do."

=ERik=

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#4969391 - 11/22/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Like I said, if I'm the person who is 'introducing' someone to mushrooms - I'll generally be a bit more patient with them, and doing things to help ensure that their night goes smoothly - but that goes for any drug, and not just mushrooms.

I know that before I started to do drugs of any type - I did ALOT of reading, I did ALOT of research, as much as I'd like to think that /everyone/ does that before popping drugs into their system - I know that simply isnt the case, and for alot of people they just hear "oh, this drug makes you see things, its neat! try it"

*shrug*

I've never had a sober sitter, never asked someone to look after me, and have typically been left to my own devices for handling my own trips.

Then again - I tend to take this attitude in most areas of my life - Its my problem - not yours, so I'm not going to burden you with it (ie: in a bad mood, depressed, lost something, whatever) - Its my problem, my issue to deal with - I'm not going to bring you down by placing this burden onto you.

I guess I put tripping into the same category. The only time I'd do otherwise, is if I felt my health was at risk and needed medical attention.

I've come close to doing that once actually - over-did it on drugs at a party (meth, k, mushrooms, bunch of E), noticed I was getting /very/ cold, had stopped sweating and felt like my heart was gunna jump out of my chest. I was basicly over-heated and dehydrated and nearing a 'bad situation' Instead of going into 'freak out my friends' mode - just told them I needed to rest, ran around and did everything I need to do to get myself back to being OK - got a gatorade, got a glass full of ice, drank the gatorade, held the ice against my neck to cool me down - stopped moving to give my heart a rest, etc.

in the end - people ultimatly need to be responsible for themselfs, and need to be as educated as possible.

Offlinelwm
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4969452 - 11/22/05 06:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

"meth, k, mushrooms, bunch of E'

What's wrong with this picture?

Something else is going on in your life and drugs have become a crutch instead of a recreation for you. Why would anyone do so much (anything) that it made them miserable? You're supposed to enjoy this shit remember?

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: Avoiding or getting out of bad trips. [Re: lwm]
    #4969544 - 11/22/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

In short

- Long weekend, on vacation
- In montreal for pride
- Had been partying for 3 days
- For me, 'bunch of E', is 3 pills.
- Those were consumed over the span of approx 14 hours (got to club at 11pm, left club at noon)

That night, was the last night of pride event/parties. I was feeling a bit tired. Did a small bump of meth on the way to the club as a pick me up (I never do alot of meth when I do do it, just tiny tiny ammounts, not even a line). Get into the club, pop an E, I like how E+K work, so was bumping K fairly regularly, first E was a bit of a dud, popped a 2nd pill, was a good pill, started to wear off after a few hours, so did a hippy-flip, and tossed back a 3rd pill while I was at it.

That is the most E I had ever done in one night (and in one weekend actually) - once my heart calmed down, got myself rehydrated and relaxed, I continued to enjoy my night. It was probably ~1 hour out of 12 hours of partying that night that was 'not fun'.

Typically, when I do drugs - I use far more moderation. Its very rare that I'll do more than 2 pills in a weekend. Using meth is a once in a blue moon thing - did it a total of, 6 times in 4 months, and always in very small ammounts (and havnt touched it since that weekend actually)

I was on summer vacation from school, had a week long vacation from work - was my first time doing any drug in a month - and was a weekend of exess, and was planned as such.

Now, if doing that many drugs / that combo of drugs was a weekly thing for me - I would agree - there are problems, and using drugs as an escape, and not as a way to enchance an already good time.

I like to think I have my head on fairly straight (as straight as a tripper can :smile:), I know where my  priorities are - health/school, family, work, boyfriend, friends, and then at the bottom of the list is drugs.

At /that/ time, I was on vacation and having a celebration - and used that combo to 'boost' an already amazing weekend. I ended up over doing it just a little and found myself uncomfortable - but I dealt with it.

But, thanks for your concern.

Offlinewhitegreyhat
Huge

Loc: Northeast USA
    #4970121 - 11/22/05 08:32 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Even if you do drugs only on the weekends or once or twice a month. When you stop doing them you realize how much they really did effect you and you never thought they did. And I dont think that use of drugs is excessive per say. You just have to assess your risks and priorities and be aware that drugs are risky business.
I dont want to sound like im preaching but I am only 23 and I've done a lot of drugs since I was probably about 17. But it gets old after a while, maybe someone you care about will bring it up or you will have a bad experience. Hopefully nothing bad will happen in order for you to stop. Human nature is too keep repeating a good experience which is why drugs are dangerous, its not a fault. Ive seen a lot of people messed up and people who throw away their lives for meth or even prescriptions to percocet. Just be careful that's all.
You just sound nice and I wanted to let you know.

Edited by whitegreyhat (11/22/05 08:33 PM)

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: Avoiding or getting out of bad trips. [Re: whitegreyhat]
    #4970238 - 11/22/05 08:57 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, I'd say that the year before last - I did let things slip a bit. I was going out almost every weekend and doing E/etc. I didnt realize how I was feeling / doing and how the drugs affected me untill in ~July or so, I decided "sick of gettings just 70s, gunna push for 80s/90s in school this year", and have /greatly/ cut back the ammount of E/etc I do.

I havnt touched K or Meth since mid Aug, and have only done E twice since then. I've tripped on Mush and LSD a few times - but they dont seem to have the same long-term affects of MDMA/Meth.

and must say - after ~6 weeks of not doing any E - I started to realize how I was feeling, and didnt realize how negativly E had been impacting me for the last few months. And, the time I did do E, I noticed how dramaticlly it affected my school work for the week after, which I didnt notice the previous school year (as I was always like that)

Either way, I've only been using drugs (E, mush, etc) for about ~2 years now, - had the expirmental year, then had the fun year - trailing off with the "This just isnt fun to do anymore" :P

But, amazing the 'cycles' I went through in that time. First while was the 'doing to enhance an already good time', got to a bit of an ugly period where it was doing it to escape. Then I stopped, dealt with the issues I was trying to escape from - all was well, partied a few times to enhance a good time - then the high just started to get boring.

I enjoy going out sober now more so than I do rolling. Or, I'd rather go for something like LSD or Mushrooms and have a different expierence then "lets go out and get fucked up and dance". As I told my BF - I'm just bored of extacy, it's lost its appeal.

(also, I'm 23 also.. heh)

But.. either way, back on topic -: how to avoid/get out of bad trips, not my drug history :P *laugh*

Edited by kaniz (11/22/05 09:08 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order