Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRu
Lord of the Rings
    #496863 - 12/20/01 10:38 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I saw lord of the rings on the 19th and all i could thing of was how i wish i was tripping in some parts of the movie. Like when the characters went to the elvish forrest and it was all heavenly. Has anyone else seen the movie and would they think it would be a good movie to trip to? I ask this because there are a shit load of monsters but the special effects are killer. I think the movie would send you to heaven then hell and back again. Anyone else?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSlimly007

Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Ru]
    #497147 - 12/20/01 04:55 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

lol im trippin this weekend , and i was asking in an earlier post about if i should dose my mushies and go straight to the movies to see LOTR, it will be my first trip, good movie to trip for a first time?

OfflineSir Tokes-A-Lot
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Slimly007]
    #497420 - 12/20/01 10:44 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

like i said before, dont go to a movie for your first trip. just stay home and have fun with people

--------------------

"If god liked midgets, he woulda made 'em come on stilts."- ChemicalMonkey (The Early Years)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #497435 - 12/20/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Try going while high off some nice bud. I did. Was great. I was 100% into the movie. Not that I wouldn't have been, sober.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #497478 - 12/20/01 11:40 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

WHWen I first opened this thread I was like NOOO!!WAIT hes gonna give away the movie......then I remembered I read the trilogy like 7 times;) I bet it would be cool on about 2 grams or so.. or just blazed

OfflineFamine
Stranger
    #497720 - 12/21/01 10:03 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Watched Lord of the Rings last night, I was on two grams of mush and smoked a joint before I entered the theatre..

I went with a friend who was also shrooming, after the movie was over neither of us really had any idea what was going on in the movie. I somewhat knew what was going on since I have the read the books, but if someone asked me anyting more then the basic plot of the movie I wouldn't be able to tell you :/

OfflineWhiteBoy
journeyman

Loc: California
    #497927 - 12/21/01 02:04 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I saw it when it opened on the 19th, and I was thinking, "I wish I had eaten a few grams before I came. This is intense."
I definitely recommend a friendly trip at that movie...at least I plan to make a go of it. But, again, listen to tokes-a-lot. Don't go to a movie (or into any other public place) on your first mushroom trip. Stay home and enjoy it properly.

--------------------
"Pain for pleasure; pain for adoration; pain is to godliness; bleeding for ecstasy...Divine Pain."
-Morbid Angel

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #498281 - 12/21/01 10:39 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I just saw it tonight and I was really baked. I probably would have been scared out of my mind if I saw that tripping. The monsters and dark imagery kind of freaked me out a little bit anyway, I don't think I could've handled it tripping. I usually prefer more pleasant and happy inputs, there's no need for that kind of negativity. But to each his own.

OfflinePsillyKat
Loc: Southern IL
    #498438 - 12/22/01 01:29 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Saw it a few min ago actually, so the image of bilbo flipping out and going for the ring is still fresh in my mind. Lemme say, if i were tripping on anything i would have run out of the theater like a wittle bitch. =P but that's just me...if you can handle that kinda shnit fine, more power to ya. Just brings back when i was a little little kid and was scared to death of the hobbit. lol
If you've tripped before i'de say go for it...much neato visuals...if not, well you shouldn't be in public anyway

p.s. did you notice that one of the wizard's fireworks looked exacltly like an amanIta cap? hummmmm

--------------------
"I could do without the snot"
"IN YOUR FACE SPACE COYOTE!"
"Mabey the dingo ate your baby"

InvisibleNGC4414
unknowable

Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: PsillyKat]
    #498444 - 12/22/01 01:50 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I saw it yesterday sober and was (originally) planning on seeing it a secong time while tripping. However some parts of the movie were pretty intense, so I will have to think about tripping during it.

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: PsillyKat]
    #498494 - 12/22/01 07:07 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I noticed that firework, that was awesome. I though it was hilarious how Gandolf smoked up all the time. One time somebody (I forget) said to him "the ring was under your nose for so long and you never realized? that devil weed must have dulled your wit" or something like that. Plenty of drug references in that move if you look for them.

Offlinecrazyeric
Stranger
Loc: usa
    #499371 - 12/23/01 01:44 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

alright froto, thats enough.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #499502 - 12/23/01 05:46 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Saw it last night. That film is amazing...special effects are mofoing incredible....Could never watch it tripping though, that would be damn frightening. There's probably more dark/scary imagery in there that positive. Damn good though.

--------------------

OfflineD_Tox
Boddhisattva

Loc: Lab 23
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Revelation]
    #499518 - 12/23/01 06:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Some drug references in LOTR

1. Bilbo and Gandalf sitting on a hill smoking a pipe before the party. Bilbo says to Gandalf "This is the best weed in the whole South Farthing." Then Gandalf blows a smoke-sailship through Bilbo's smoke-ring.

2. Gandalf staring into the fire at Bilbo's house after Bilbo leaves, mumbling to himself while taking constant tokes off his pipe.

3. When Merry and Pipping meet up with Frodo and Sam and they all fall down the hill. The conversation goes:
"That was just a shortcut....."
"A shortcut to what?"
"MUSHROOMS!"
Then they all gather around some psilocybe looking mushrooms all excitedly, examining them, and harvesting some on the spot.

I think Gandalf is just under a bunch of stress, and needs to smoke a lot of Bilbo's 'weed' to keep his calm vibe going.

--------------------
-----------------------
D_Tox

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: D_Tox]
    #499552 - 12/23/01 06:33 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I saw that movie yesterday too. It was awesome sober, next time Im gonna blaze it up. It would be too much too much tripping, but nicely stoned it would be f'n incredible.

Yah, I caught all them drug references too.

OfflineFoxGurl
Stranger

Loc: Lake La, CA
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: GringoLoco]
    #499858 - 12/24/01 01:48 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I went to see it a second time this weekend, and I am even more willing to dose at the movie now. The imagery was so much fun...not to mention the mental things going on.

--------------------
ALWAYS & forever,
FEATHERWOOD

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
    #501934 - 12/26/01 10:32 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I just saw LOTR last night........awesome! Most worthwhile movie that I have ever watched.
Referring to a post before: Sarumon says to Gandolf something like "Your love of the [devil?] weed has dulled your wits..."
Yeah throughout the movie the GOOD guys were smoking the weed.
Yummy yum, now I want to carve myself a wood pipe like they had and go get some weed!
I haven't read any of the books, but a little later tonight I'm going to start reading The Hobbit.

MUSHROOMS!

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineWhiteBoy
journeyman

Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: KeepAskingTime]
    #501978 - 12/26/01 11:37 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

"your love of the halflings' leaf has dulled your wits."
And yeah, I love those kickass pipes. Every good guy in the movie seemed to have one. There is even a nice close-up of Strider's bowl (hmm..that doesn't look like tobacco to me) when he is tokin' up in The Prancing Pony.

--------------------
"Pain for pleasure; pain for adoration; pain is to godliness; bleeding for ecstasy...Divine Pain."
-Morbid Angel

OfflineNacNac
journeyman
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: WhiteBoy]
    #515597 - 01/09/02 05:05 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Just saw it while tripping... the scariest thing ever.. It diddnt help that I was cold and sick .. it was just amazingly scary... I was and am still so freaked out... I hate watching movies in movies theathres.
Well the main reason it was bad was that people were surrounding me and it kept feeling like they were orcs and god it was freaky..
sorry for ramblings im still trippin

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#515905 - 01/09/02 11:24 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure about all these drug referances... Tolkein wrote it many many years ago, it seems more like a coincidence that they call it weed. Besides, ask most any old person of he smoked a pipe. If he didn't, he knows 20 guys who did, and I doubt many of them were smoking ganja... If you've read the books the mushrooms are fairly obviously culinary, not hallucinogenic, no matter what they look like in the movie. I guess I could be wrong though.

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Ulysees]
    #515909 - 01/09/02 11:27 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, but let's not forget that even if it's not marijuana they're smoking, they're definately smoking a lot of something, and even if it was similar to an ancient tabacco blend or something along those lines... much different than todays tobacco. At least the stuff you buy outside of South America.

--------------------

Anonymous

#515918 - 01/09/02 11:39 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I was already a huge Lord of the Rings fan before the movie. The ending is dissapointing because it is only one third of the story. but if i was tripping i probably wouldn't notice the plot because of all the crazy special effects.

Invisiblemrdasani
enthusiast
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Anonymous]
    #516959 - 01/10/02 11:45 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I saw the movie sober too, and I gotta say people shouldn't expect it to be a better movie if they are on shrooms. It would probably be best to go stoned. But has anyone actually gone to watch this movie on more than 2.5 grams of shrooms? Let me know! If you have, what was it like, good bad or ugly?!?

--------------------
"Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!" - Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here 1975)

"Never underestimate the power of denial." -from American Beauty.

Invisiblemrdasani
enthusiast
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: mrdasani]
    #516962 - 01/10/02 11:49 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Oh yea, more than anything else. this movie is freakin good cause all the things you rmember after you watch it. Especially when your stoned and thinking back, "Damn LOTR was a great movie, let me just try to remember what the hell happened: 1) A small dude and a wizard smoke out 2) 4 small guys find a bunch of shrooms 3) Oh shit I've been sitting there for 3 hours!" Hehe, what a trip....w h a t a t r i p~~

--------------------
"Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!" - Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here 1975)

"Never underestimate the power of denial." -from American Beauty.

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Slimly007]
    #517117 - 01/11/02 04:54 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think you should trip your first time in such a public place, people are freaky when your tripping,, and you might go crazy

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
    #521314 - 01/15/02 06:12 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I've seen it twice, the first time I took a little E because I was nervous of shrooms, in case the film was too scary for actual visual hallcinations. It wasn't, and I decided to see it again and eat some more shrooms. So the second time I saw it (Sunday night) I ate about a gram of copelandia and took some MDMA powder. It was fuckin' great! I was so into the movie! I mean, it is long and my mind was wandering during some parts of it but I really understood how tolkien organized his story in such a unique way, it is definitely an epic in the norse/icelandic tradition rather than your usual beginning-middle-end type of story that is so common nowadays. I was also really into the archetypical nature of the characters, how they have wormed their ways into our psyche. I think that movie was made with a psychedelic sensibility, because I didn't realize how hard I was tripping until I got out of the theater and felt like I had to push through this wierd narrow tunnel to get out. However, I was really irritated at the other people in the theater, making noise and talking the whole time! Grrr... Still, the whole thing was great and I would recommend it to anyone who is not too hyperactive to sit still for three hours.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: champ]
    #521814 - 01/15/02 11:15 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You should read the books, as the movie isn't much of a representation of how Tolkein arranged anything... it follows along more or less, but it's a hideously disfigured bastard child compared to the books. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineWhiteBoy
journeyman

#521875 - 01/16/02 12:08 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

agreed

--------------------
-Morbid Angel

Offlinezappadean
    #525009 - 01/18/02 08:58 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I really, really, really, really, really (i could go on like this) want to see The Lord of the Rings on mushrooms...or, failing that, pot.

--------------------
"If you do acid wait an hour before swimming."
- Kids in the Hall

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: zappadean]
    #528031 - 01/22/02 08:17 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

for all of you who think this is a good idea, read my "always bring a sitter post" in this forum

--------------------

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

#528034 - 01/22/02 08:20 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Gandolf was smoking a form of pot, They said "the finest weed in the south pacific" or something,
then Aroman said "your love of the halflings leaf has clearly slowed your mind" like he was a dumb stoner.

ALSO one of the fire works is distinctly a Anmianta mushroom

--------------------

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
    #529997 - 01/24/02 09:26 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't read the books for a few years, and now I think I will read them again, to see how they compare to the movie--when I was watching the movie I couldn't really remember the books very well.

OfflineCatzeye

Loc: The South
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: mrdasani]
    #531068 - 01/25/02 01:46 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I thought it was a great movie! I've read the books...although it was a long time ago. The imagery is there. I loved Christopher Lee as Saruman. Many of you may be too young to remember the old Hammer Vampire flicks with Chris in them but he's scarry!
Not to mention the fact that the dude is old has hell. I liked all the Characters and the intonations to what they were smoking was a hoot! I especially liked it when the hobbits came across a patch of shrooms. They greedily started yanking them. I wasn't tripping when I watched this movie cause I thought it would be too intense but when those little buggers started grabbing up those shrooms I started howling. My friend turned and looked at me with a big smile on his face cause we had eaten some fatties the night before on the beach. I'm thinking about dosing and going to see the movie again. I'd also like to see Harry Potter cause I've heard its cool.

Happy Shrooming Everyone!

Catzeye

--------------------
~It is Green, It Is AquaMarine~
It is Colors I have Never Seen.
I can See Past You
To the White Sands.
Stevie Nicks

Offlineaverage_dude
Stranger
    #645328 - 05/25/02 09:32 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

my friend and i had (dumbassedly) gone to Swordfish on the gods flesh and we had to leave during (what i would call cheesy when sober) f****g insane car chase. It scared the dickens out of us, exspecially john travolta (he looks about half as scary as Robert Blake in Lost Highway - still damn scary).

anyway, we were at LOTR a few months later, (sober) but in a brand new theater so it had mondo sound. my friend thought she was having a heart attack during the intense parts, and vowed never to trip i another movie again. I would give it a go though, if i ate a little.

--------------------
real lived experience is the most valuable thing - all of it is, too.
(although my name implies I am an abstract mathematical construct, I am actually a real guy, emodying many essences of "dudeness")

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Anonymous]
    #645417 - 05/26/02 01:43 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Was always a big fan but one thing is for sure: Tolken was trippin when he wrote this stuff it's just too far out for a streight mind to write.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineAGN
Stranger
    #1533050 - 05/09/03 12:22 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i watched LOTR on one hit and it wasnt as scary as i thought it would be. Fucking awsome though, bilbo scared the fuck out me when he freaks. i love LOTR i can watch it over and over. cant wait for part three, i think im gonna have some cookies for that one.

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: AGN]
    #1533570 - 05/09/03 03:15 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

For those interested I have a bunch of random info for ya's.

As you should know, The Two Towers DVD pre-purchase went up today. It doesnt come out til August 26th, but if you really want a copy as soon as possible there are some bootlegs availible on ebay for sure. Or if you have a friend or family member visiting asia you can have them pick up a copy, like I did. The cd quality sucks (scratches easily) but the picture quality is pretty good.

The Extended Edition (which comes out November) is going to have an extra 43 minutes tapped onto it, making it almost 4 hrs long. Hey, the longer the better I say.

From my guess, and readings of recent rumors, ROTK theatrical will probably be around 3 1/2 hrs, while the EE of that will most likely be 4 1/2 hrs.

Just thought I'd share.
Peace.

PS. there is a kool countdown clock you can download at Clockdown

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

OfflineSquid
withdrawn fromthe everdayworld

Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1533959 - 05/09/03 07:42 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yes I was wondering about that. Thank you for the info :laugh:

--------------------
A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move towards higher levels. -A. Einstein

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1533993 - 05/09/03 08:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, you're right about the release dates :smile: I had a look today, because I'm dying to get ALL 3 Extended DVD versions and do one insane acid trip to the entire trilogy. All of those who really dig the movie, WAIT and get the Extended DVD, trust me. It's a bit more expensive, but all the extra scenes and documentaries are well worth it. 

OfflineSquid
withdrawn fromthe everdayworld

Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Sheepish]
    #1534624 - 05/09/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thats pretty crappy how they put out a regular version and then a few months later one with extra footage. I think those greedy bastards are hoping people will buy it twice. jease didn't they make enough money off the film as it is.

--------------------
A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move towards higher levels. -A. Einstein

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Squid]
    #1534717 - 05/09/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yea of course that's what they're thinkin' :crazy:

I'm waiting until all three movies have been released on DVD so I can get the absolute Final Release of the extended package... none of this havin' to mess with three different boxes (maybe more if I wanted to buy the additional commentary).

Anyways, I can't wait until ROTK comes out.  I wanted to see the first two, but was in the midst of reading the text and didn't want to watch a bunch of shit that I had only read half way through.  Thus, I'm going to rent the first two movies and trip this summer - and I'll catch the final flick in theaters on one and a half grams the following december :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
    #1535543 - 05/09/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Usually stuff that sounds fun to watch tripping when you aren't tripping, isn't. I've stared for hours at the carpet, and I've been bored to death watching the new southparks (my favorite show)

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1535734 - 05/09/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I watched part of LOTR while I was Shrooming once, and when it showed that dark, evil guy(I forget his name) who was after the Ring, and it showed all the fire, I was scared shitless.  I was all like, " :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Negativity!!!!"

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
    #1539441 - 05/11/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

when lord of the rings firts hit theatres i did a quad, it was sweeet!!!

when the second one hit theatres i wnated to go on shrooms, but this pussy fuckin bitch sorta-friend of mine pussied out and we went just a little stoned..

and they smoke the "finest weed" in the land in that movie! ya ya

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: silversoul7]
    #1540339 - 05/11/03 11:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I watched part of LOTR while I was Shrooming once, and when it showed that dark, evil guy(I forget his name) who was after the Ring, and it showed all the fire, I was scared shitless.  I was all like, " :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Negativity!!!!" 

LMFAO!!! That was hilarious.  :cool:

--------------------
:poison: :poison: :poison:

Edited by Lunatik (05/11/03 11:11 PM)

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: ARIZONA,TRANSLVANIAA,ETC....
Re: Lord of the Rings [Re: Darkcloud]
    #3893293 - 03/09/05 03:36 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

why did this thread pop up outta no hwere?

--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds