Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: ImNeverGonnaDie]
    #4965281 - 11/21/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Imnevergonnadie,
Considering you've only smoked pot 3-4 times, it's possible that you may eventually enjoy the experience. My experience with pot has changed much over the years, and I keep finding out new ways to enjoy it and reasons i enjoy it.
The first few times I smoked, I didn't even get high. I hardly felt a thing except extra energy. Of course, the pot that my friends and i got back then was on the shitty end of mids, whereas now i get the finest!

But, yes. Shrooms are completely different from pot. It's going to be new frontier for you, so I'd say go light the first time. Maybe half and eighth or just a little bit more. You can always work your way up later, but you don't want your first time to scare you away from a potential future of great trips.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: nycomyco]
    #4965370 - 11/21/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i don't know if this has been mentioned, but the first few times you smoke weed it can be real hard to manage.....

like i mean, nausea, it means you're hitting that shit way too hard..... i remember the first "real hit" i took from my pipe.... it made my mouth bubble and i wigged out and felt my stomache gurgling and stuff and i was like "damn! i forgot how intense this was"

but with time, maybe 2-3 more smoking sessions, you'll stop getting hit that hard, and you'll know how to regulate the smoking better...... so instead of inducing nausea it will RELIEVE nausea.... etc.

the danker you're smoking probably the more difficult it is to enjoy weed, too... until you adjust to the intensity.

weed IS a psychedelic, you just have to work with it.... so..... don't listen to people that dismiss it as just a "casual" thing... it can be, depends on the dose, but even just taking 2 hits the other day for hangover relief I saw some extremely intricate visuals.

I'm an exception though, I work at "inducing visuals" ... i dunno.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlineilikefatnugs
Stranger
Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: leery11]
    #4965497 - 11/21/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Never knew there were people in the world who dislike weed!!!

Just kidding, I just love weed to death.

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: ilikefatnugs]
    #4965669 - 11/21/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

you'd bee surprised, the majority of people here dislike weed, it surprised the shit out of me too

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineImNeverGonnaDie
Stranger

Loc: Houston, TX
Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #4965791 - 11/21/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks ALOT. Now I know that shrooms are different than weed. And i'll take the advice to try smoking weed a few more times, and to only eat a small dose of shrooms. I forgot who asked but yes, I want to have out of body experiences, and totally trip out. Peace.

--------------------
When you've got to fly above the desert
because the plants grow too tall.
When the moon wails
and the sun rains fire balls.
You are not alive
but you are not dead
when your pupils leave your eyes
and your body's somwhere in the sand.

Offlinepsychedelix
Growling MadScientist
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
    #4965815 - 11/21/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hey speaking of weed, I'm planning on trying this black currant/lemon juice shroom mix, last night I tried just the lemon juice with 1.5g p.cubensis, the visuals only hit me when I smoked weed. Anyone here notice smoking before dosing shrooms will give less of an impact or what. I wanna smoke a joiint right now, but I dunno whether I should. I know yesterday the joint after 30 mins of injestion brought on the color and geometry... anyone ideas?

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: psychedelix]
    #4965842 - 11/21/05 09:00 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

weed never affected me whilst bemushroomed...
nor did alcohol, or cocaine, well coke numbed me but that was it

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinepsychedelix
Growling MadScientist
 User Gallery

#4965948 - 11/21/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

AHAHAHAHA, coke is awesome, but only if money is good, but then again it destroys you slowly... why do ppl cut coke with creatine and shit like that. Cocaine should be free

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#4965987 - 11/21/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

ummm... people cut coke with anyhting to increase thier product without increasing thier overhead silly...
i love coke, occasionally though, coke and heroin definitly need to be used in moderation only

--------------------

OfflineImNeverGonnaDie
Stranger

Loc: Houston, TX
    #4966037 - 11/21/05 09:36 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

That's wierd... I told myself a few days ago that I coke and heroin are the only drugs I will never try.

--------------------
When you've got to fly above the desert
because the plants grow too tall.
When the moon wails
and the sun rains fire balls.
You are not alive
but you are not dead
when your pupils leave your eyes
and your body's somwhere in the sand.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#4966111 - 11/21/05 09:53 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

good. dont.

--------------------

InvisibleTheDemon
has typed IDDQD,Godlike!

#4966121 - 11/21/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, Well it depends on what your metabolism is. Luckly, Some people get high the first time they smoke. It doesent matter what kind of ganj it is man, Most people get high their 3-4 time.

Offlinepsychedelix
Growling MadScientist
 User Gallery

Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: TheDemon]
    #4966311 - 11/21/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I think coke is crazy, but it's one of the most dangerous substances to play with. I've seen ppl lose alot of shit because of that gold de blanco. The best is rubbing that shit on your cock before you pop a snatch. Damn this talk about coke is getting me worked up inside... but heroin is something that should be used with extreeeeeme caution. Take my word for it, horse is fucked. On top of it all, I think doing Peruvian Torch is the best psychedelic.

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
    #5648143 - 05/18/06 10:28 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

eh i think crystal meth is a lot more dangerous than coke or crack.

i got high the 1st time i smoked it was out of an apple and i had a fever boy did it make that day a lot better haha.
i kept smoking cus i was like "i cant feelit smoke more!" haha

--------------------

OI OI OI

Invisiblehoboblues
Male
Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: mitchdot]
    #5648240 - 05/18/06 10:45 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mitchdot said:
if weed makes you feel bad, stick to tylenol, drugs aren't for you. nothing personal, it just gets heavier the further you go out there.

I know you were already called out on this, but in more direct words... What an ignorant thing to say.

I can't smoke pot. It makes me too paranoid and anxious. However, I love mushrooms.

--------------------

OfflineChill808
modern dayrenaissance man
Male
Loc: West , USA
Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: hoboblues]
    #5648954 - 05/19/06 02:35 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I smoked weed for the later part of my teen years into my 20's, I used to love it and above all other things it was the one drug I'd make room for in my life. If I had to quit a job I did, if I had to not apply for one because of a test, I stayed at home. But now I can't stand weed, makes me waaaay to paranoid and lazy completely not my taste, but just a little while ago I aquired shrooms again, after a few years of no tripping I had a great trip I ended up hiking for 6 hours up in the Uintas and had a blast. If you want to know if you'd like shrooms because you don't like bud, take a little bit if you like how it makes you feel take a little more, only way to know is to take the journey and free your mind, be like neo and follow the white rabbit and see how far the rabbit hole goes, thats the only way you're going to know.

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: Chill808]
    #5649080 - 05/19/06 03:45 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Pot used to be intense and psychedellic for me, now it gets me tired and boring minded. I hate it now, too. And I always end up smoking it, even though I know I wont enjoy it past the still decent body high.

Mushrooms, however, are amazing to me and I do them very little in order to retain the magic. I've always wondered why I am in such a comfortable state while I'm on shrooms, or better yet, a heavenly state, and I thought maybe weed prepared me for it. But possibly not. Maybe I'm just tolerant to weed and thats why it is so weak/boring for me. Whatever.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

OfflinefreshlyPLUMP
Toke the Smoke
Male

Loc: My Shelter of Dark Tranqu...
Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: Oakbear]
    #5650944 - 05/19/06 05:06 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Oakbear said:
Quote:

ImNeverGonnaDie said:
Does "cannabis" mean things like weed?

Thanks for the help.

Ummm...Sorry to be personal, but how old are you?

I was thinkin' the sammmmmme thing!

--------------------

I bring myself down a level to make you feel better about yourself!

Offlinedohminator
Re: I dislike weed... will I like shrooms? [Re: mitchdot]
    #5652197 - 05/20/06 02:10 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mitchdot said:
my suggestion: get better bud.

just cause it's hydro, doesn't mean its dank, it just means it was grown in an aqueous medium.

if weed makes you feel bad, stick to tylenol, drugs aren't for you. nothing personal, it just gets heavier the further you go out there.

Yeah, it has been said in this thread already, but this is bullshit.
I personally really don't like weed. I get sick if I smoke too much. The world begins to vibrate and pulse out of control and I sit there in misery waiting for myself to sober up. Plus I don't like the overall effect that it has on me. Heady weed in extreme moderation and I might be alright, but I just don't feel a desire to do it.

However, I love the hell out of mushrooms. I have never gotten sick on them, and I always have a beautiful, positive, energetic time on them. I think some people naturally react better to certain drugs, and it may be the case that marijuana is not a good choice for him whereas mushrooms could be.

Edited by dohminator (05/20/06 02:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract