Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
I'm moving!
    #4962618 - 11/21/05 12:58 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I've decided to make the move to California. I have family there who are completely awesome.
I recently made several friends from the area...they all showed me how california could be fun. I had such a good time while I was out there. I also did some job hunting while I was out there, with luck.

I know I worked hard to get this position that I'm in right now as far as my job is concered. It was real hard to tell my big boss tonight that I have made this decision.

6 Months. That is what I gave myself and him. It gives me time to save up some money and make some great changes in that store before I leave. It also gives my boss ample time to find a quality RGM.

He says they won't find anyone within 6 months. I think they'll be fine.

So I've got my mind set on Burbank. ANy other suggestions?

Anyone have any links for relocation to CA.

Any shroomerites up there willing to gve me a tour of what california has to offer me.

5 shrooms to those with creative minds!

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
Re: I'm moving! [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4962633 - 11/21/05 01:06 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Head north, my sister. Northern CA, especially along the coast, is beautiful. Expensive place to live though... my sister is living in pasadena making almost $90000 annually and still has to live in a tiny little rented apartment that costs $2100 a month that isn't even in the nice section of town... houses are even worse $400000 for a 1500 sq ft house on 1/3 of an acre? Pshhhaw! too rich for my blood.

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm moving! [Re: mediman0078]
    #4962646 - 11/21/05 01:14 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I may not be rich, but I make a decent amount to make me comfortable.

I'm looking or something decent for now. Decent neighborhood.  I have small children. Something cheap, but not ghetto, :wink:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4962657 - 11/21/05 01:19 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Cali is a great place to visit, but not somewhere I'd live.

But I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!  There is great weather and scenery to go with nice people and, of course, the Governator :lol:

Prices suck, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  I personally enjoy the San Diego/La Jolla area.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #4962693 - 11/21/05 01:35 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You should come move to canada and live with me. Everyone would be so jealous :smile: I would let you use my quadra whenever you want.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: I'm moving! [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4962696 - 11/21/05 01:37 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Damn Canadian, leave our American women alone!  Go bed with a grizzly or something :crankey:

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #4962701 - 11/21/05 01:38 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

crazy canadians....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: I'm moving! [Re: daimyo]
    #4962703 - 11/21/05 01:39 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hahaha, if I was shacked up with the one girl at the shroomery I would be the alpha male, wouldn't I?

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm moving! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4962706 - 11/21/05 01:40 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I've already sorta cyber dated a canadian...that didn't work out so well. It's cool though....I still love ya TSH!

:smirk:

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4962711 - 11/21/05 01:43 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Nor Cal is def the way to go. More beautiful in my opinion AND way less crowded.
Although some people prefer a metropolitan area.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm moving! [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4962716 - 11/21/05 01:44 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Is nor cal expensive? I'm looking for something semi cheap, but not run down. What about the Sanfrancisco area? Any news on that?

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4962730 - 11/21/05 01:49 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You looking to rent or buy? I was just in SF and remember being quite taken aback at some of the prices I saw. But I'm just a midwestern boy.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: I'm moving! [Re: daimyo]
    #4962734 - 11/21/05 01:51 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Nor cal is def. less expensive than the bay area. But bay are is less expennsive than So Cal.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4962736 - 11/21/05 01:52 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Plus NorCal has the redwoods.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

#4962759 - 11/21/05 01:59 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'me deathly afraid of earth quakes You mentioned redwoods...is that where all the fires are happening? I'm not too familiar with CA.

I've lived in Pomona, Riverside, Montclair, Ontario and Rosemead. I didn't care for those places to much, except for Rosemead. (I think it was called rosemead...I could be wrong)

I visited Burbank before and I kinda like it. I checked out some rental prices. Yes, they were pricy, but they weren't anything I couldn't already afford. I'm sure that I can get the same job position over there and get paid more. Makes rent easer for sure.

Plus I want to get a roomate. Someone I aready know.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4962859 - 11/21/05 02:36 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

No, those are in Southern California, San Diego area. Redwoods are like Eureka, Shasta, and Humboldt type areas.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4962860 - 11/21/05 02:36 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Roommate thing might be tricky.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
    #4963333 - 11/21/05 10:03 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

mmmm humboldt, nice place.

North of the bay area, it starts getting cheaper... and you can always drive down there if you wanna go the city, but SF is pretty high priced too... great place to visit, but i wouldn't live in SF or Oakland. It's expensive to live in the ghetto there... at least, thats what I saw.

...and if you're afraid of the quakes, Northern Cali is the only place they aren't a noticable daily occurance. My sister in pasadena moved there from New Mexico (never quakes in NM) and notices the tremors a lot... she says it's kinda like standing next to the train tracks when the train's going by, but without the noise. Plus, when the next biggun hits, you prolly don't want to be in San diego, LA, SF, or anything in between, cause it's going to get nasty.

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Edited by mediman0078 (11/21/05 10:08 AM)

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan
    #4963354 - 11/21/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

That's where my parents are from.

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #4963363 - 11/21/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

yes north cal is expensive all of cali is. Afoaf(the one from the shroomey lol) had some good stuff to say about not buying in Cali right now because of the Real Estate bubble. i think it's true from the little i know about whats happening now. you might find what you want a lot cheaper in a couple of years and you might not take the depreciation hit of the bubble bursting.

InvisibleVoidOfsPg
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: I'm moving! [Re: buckwheat]
    #4963373 - 11/21/05 10:13 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck with your new journey. I hope everything works out well for you. I'm sure you'll be glad you decided to move. I want to visit california one of these days.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan
Re: I'm moving! [Re: mediman0078]
    #4963380 - 11/21/05 10:14 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Up north is getting expensive as fuck. My grandparents bought a new house here 3 years ago for 350k, my parents were thinking of buying one in the same area and now they're worth 715k.

Both our houses have gone up at least 100k, and our two duplexes have more than quadrupled.

Oregon is probably way cheaper.

--------------------

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4963428 - 11/21/05 10:24 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck with your move Des.  If I knew anything about California I'd give you some advice...but I don't.  Good luck anyways, I hope everything works out for the best. :sun:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm moving! [Re: Trav]
    #4969094 - 11/22/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you guys.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #4970014 - 11/22/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well damn, I am moving too....!

Only, I am moving in a week, and it is to the east coast....  :smile:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm moving! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #4970163 - 11/22/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You should call me...it's been awhile.

Congrats on that thing you told me about before! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4970167 - 11/22/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If you are deathly afraid of Earthquakes, I would not recommend moving to California.

The big one is way overdue.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#4970200 - 11/22/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you, I get to start a new life (that is long overdue)....
A good new job, new home, new friends, new everything....!

:woot:

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4970264 - 11/22/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck Des.  I know you'll do just fine.  :cool:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #4970456 - 11/22/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Cost wise for living you can't really beat Bakersfield when it comes to how close you are to other places, like Southern Cal and Nothern Cal. Unfortunately this is not a good time to purchase a home since the prices have almost doubled in the past two years due to low interest rates. Fortunately prices have peaked and are starting to level out. Expect prices to drop within the next year, not much though. Alot of people who purchased houses previous to the increase of the cost of housing are cashing in their houses and moving out of state.

Forget about Burbank and all the other L.A. towns unless you are working inside of L.A.! No reason to pay high prices on housing if you aren't close to you job. If you have to live in the L.A./O.C. I suggest somewhere in Long Beach (Sorry, I have a bias for the LBC), Lakewood, Wilmington et al. since these places are in the central area of Both counties, that is if you have to travel around these areas alot.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: I'm moving! [Re: Its Pat]
    #4970628 - 11/22/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

hahahahaha bakersfield sucks so hard. I knew a kid from there and he was a total fuck up, another one of my friends lived there for a few years and said it was the most horrible place he's ever been.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm moving! [Re: TheDude]
    #4970638 - 11/22/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone know about Martinez, Ca.?

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#4970662 - 11/22/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

So what made you decide to go to Cali out of the whole world of choices....?

I went to "City of Industry" on a business trip about ten years ago, and it was neat to see mountains for the first time....
Went to a cool jazz club in L.A. when I was there, but didn't have a whole lotta~ time to check out too much....

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

#4970672 - 11/22/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Okay...well I think you read my blog right? Maybe, maybe not. There are reason listen in there. Yes, both men....one reason is that I just don't feel that this place is for me. I'm happy in life, but this town makes it easy for me to feel uncomfortable at times.

There is a rare coldness flowing through this town. An eerie feeling. I don't belong here, so I'm leaving.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#4970691 - 11/22/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

The coldness isn't really rare, it is the coming of winter....!  :tongue2:

--------------------

>^;;^<

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

#4970830 - 11/22/05 10:38 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

eL oH el, silly boy.

I just don't belong here.

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #4970839 - 11/22/05 10:40 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

burbank :shrug:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#4970843 - 11/22/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Are you going to be able to transfer jobs....?   
Last I knew, you did like your current job....

It all sounds like a grand adventure to me....  :smile:

--------------------

>^;;^<

InvisibleMorphrying
Innocent as Hell
Loc: seated
    #4970958 - 11/22/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If you move to the Bay and need directions getting around somewhere, lemme know.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

#4971054 - 11/22/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I do like my job. I was so scared to tell my boss about this. he looked a little upset but was apreciative that I gave him such a long time to prepare.

He kept asking me"are you sure, are you sure?"

Poor guy...yup, I'm sure.

I love my job. I've alreadt talked to people in California about work. My boss says he's sending a care package with me. Certificates, awards and a letter of recommendation.

I'm going to miss everyone I've met here at work...I just can't stand the town and most of the grown people here.

--------------------

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
Re: I'm moving! [Re: TheDude]
    #4973470 - 11/23/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TheDude said:
hahahahaha bakersfield sucks so hard. I knew a kid from there and he was a total fuck up, another one of my friends lived there for a few years and said it was the most horrible place he's ever been.

Well, if I had a choice at the moment I wouldn't be living here either. Bakersfield ain't that bad of a place, it has evolved over the past ten years. Besides people who grew up in Bako tend not to like it all that much. Also I can't help the fact that your friend is a Tweeker. Not to mention both of the weed stores in in Bako are considerably cheaper than the stores you find down in the L.A. area.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4973509 - 11/23/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Desiree said:
I'm going to miss everyone I've met here at work...I just can't stand the town and most of the grown people here.

You live in Chicago don't you?

I went through Chicago on my "Great American Road Trip" over the summer (you probably remember that I kept making annoying threads about it all of the time).  I tried to get ahold of you and biO as I swung through as I remember, but I couldn't get ahold of either of you. 

I remember being in Chicago and feeling utterly small, lost, and alone.  I remember exiting the library in the downtown (BADASS library by the way) and I had a woman get behind me on the escalator and get all annoyed sounding because I wasn't moving fast enough. 

I was the only person speaking English in the Sear's Tower  :crazy:

I wish I had had somebody to show me around.

OfflinePsilocybeSmuggla
Stranger

Re: I'm moving! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4978806 - 11/25/05 01:17 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I would say it depends on the type of person you are ... Id rather live in northern California (less crowded) don't get me wrong, Southern California (Home) has some alright less crowded spot as well. Southern is a bit more city where as northern is more country.

you said you have children....try to make a decision on their behalf. Check out the communities. The schools, parks, neighborhoods (you said you didn't want Ghetto ... don't blame you) Where can they walk to school without getting shot, is it a good environment for them to grow up in? Are there other kids their age living near by? Try a Gated Community! (even then be cautious) Kids get snatched up like an unattended bag of shrooms at an house party.

Id check into it a bit more before moving, or stay with your family while you take personal tours of different cities, I'm sure they will be willing.

Id say pick a place where you and your kids would be best...only you know what is best for your children!

Hope I offfed you a bit of help!?!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag