Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewacamaster
Efficiency = Evolution
    #495604 - 12/19/01 02:39 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Here it goes... the efficient use of time is what caused humans to evolve much faster then other animals.

Other animals seem as though they have a very vague sense of time. Say two wolves had to meet. They both have a general idea of when to meet, but because of the lack of time measurment or calculating in the brain, one wolf might sit around for an hour or two waiting for the other wolf.
Now if this happened say 3 times a day, the wolves would be wasting 6 hours per day. If the caveman had a better understanding of time and they only waited say 30 minutes at most, they would be gaining over 4 hours per day on the wolf. So cavemen would get done in 6 days, what it took the wolves 7 days to do. They would have extra time to store food and whatnot.

Now in current times, time efficiency is becoming remarkable. E-mail, Video Conferencing (saves travel time), ect...

Now, one day of human evolution time would be equivalent to say 20 days of wolf evolution time. Therefore we will evolve faster and faster as time efficiency becomes greater. If something happened and we became less efficient with time then the wolves, wolves would eventually evolve past us (assuming we don't kill them first.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: Efficiency = Evolution [Re: wacamaster]
    #495606 - 12/19/01 02:46 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

lol, dude what are you talking about? In what sense do you mean "evolve"?

Evolution is a biological function, based int he theory of natural selection.
Sure wolves took a different evolution rout, however, I don't think they are anymore evolved than us, i mean sure humans are smarter, but wolves are faster, stronger, better hearing better smelling, better suited to living in the cold, and cooler looking.

Evolution is a result of natural selection induced adaptations. a single organism does not "evolve" in the course of its own life.

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Offlinewacamaster
Re: Efficiency = Evolution [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #495613 - 12/19/01 02:54 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

We evolved or should I say "advanced" in a way that we are faster, stronger, better fit for the cold, ect.. then the wolf. We have cars, forklifts, jackets.

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #495620 - 12/19/01 03:12 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

but those "things" arn't people, they're just things.

And if your original point was that we are more advanced than wolves, then shit man! its no revelation!

i'll agree that time has helped us advance quicker, but i think we where already more advanced than wolves even before the invention of time.

even after the invention of time, most cities didn't have clocks, never mind towns

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #495958 - 12/19/01 01:18 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Our grasp of time and our ability to make good use of it quickened our cultural evolution, not our biological evolution. To evolve biologically there needs to be natural selection (which virtually does not exist today). Instead we have chosen to evolve culturally, by transmitting knowledge one person has gained to others in the present and to future generations through language. No other animal can do this (excpet maybe a few apes) and as a result we have progressed incredibly rapidly over the past few thousand years, a progress unmatched by anything this world has ever seen. So yes, good use of time is important, and this is achieved mainly through efficient communication.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Efficiency = Evolution [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #495998 - 12/19/01 02:19 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I think we owe our progress to communication more than anything. The ability to not only exchange complex ideas, but record them for future generations so they don't have to figure it out themselves is what got us where we are today. Efficient use of time definately played a big part in it though. If you carried out your calculations over a longer period of time, even leaving a large margin for error, it would be quite surprising. I don't know if it would really mean anything, but it would be interesting to think about.
Efficient use of time is a relatively new thing though. I remember hearing something about the crappy time system they had not too long ago. Whenever someone would come into town on a train, they would look at the clock in the station and find it was totally different than the last town... I believe that's what led to the invention of the "TIme Zones", though I could be mistaken.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale