Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Psilocybe Cyanescens on grain, cardboard, alder chips (pics)
    #4952522 - 11/18/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hi, all...

Tried to post in the 'grow log' but can't figure it out. This is a jar of grain (bought at an online auction) that was shot up with about 10cc of psilocybe cyanescens spores. This was a homemade syringe from a homemade spore print (i.e., probably not very sterile). I made two jars, one got mold... It says samoa cyans because the mushrooms were gathered in the general area of the "Samoa Peninsula". -- hope that's not too specific...

It took about 6 weeks to get to the point where the whole jar was colonized. Then I broke out chunks and put some on pre-soaked alder chips:

and some on pre-soaked cardboard:

The mycelium is really pretty. I'm trying to determine the best way to get a lot of mycelium spawn going... cardboard seems to grow really fast, but if it's going to end up alder, I dunno.

I guess the next step is to get a whole bunch of alder chips/cardboard thoroughly shot-through with the mycelium?

Any advice or encouragement would be welcomed. This may be a long-term project, given that I'm living in a damn cold region.

Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens on grain, cardboard, alder chips (pics) [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #4952588 - 11/18/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Very good, you are on the right track!

>I guess the next step is to get a whole bunch of alder chips/cardboard thoroughly
> shot-through with the mycelium?

Yup, so you have loads of it in the spring when it's time to prepare outdoor beds.

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Thanks! [Re: Anno]
    #4952914 - 11/18/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, Anno. Supportive comments are very helpful -- especially coming from you.

Peace

OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
Re: Thanks! [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #4953941 - 11/18/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Great Job :thumbup:
If in your shoes, i would isolate some rhizomorphs and make an LC.
Once you have cyan LC, load a syringe full of the stuff and spray it all over your spawn-chips. I would think doing that once a week would greatly increase growth
G/L :thumbup: :crazy2:

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Thanks! [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #4954044 - 11/18/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

awesome man, man i want to get into wood loving myc

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Cyanescens on grain, cardboard, alder chips (pics) [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #4955214 - 11/19/05 09:47 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Psilocybe Cyanescens from Samoa?

are you sure those aren't Copelandia cyanescens?

I've never heard of Psilocybe Cyanescens growing in Samoa.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Samoa Peninsula located in Humboldt County, California [Re: Roadkill]
    #4955827 - 11/19/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, it's the Samoa Peninsula, which is also refered to as the "north spit" near Humboldt Bay, California. Samoa is a strange name for the location, but I think it stems back to when the Redwoods were first logged and exported all over the Pacific Rim. I think the early sea captains and lumber barons fancied themselves to be world travelers -- as they were. And as it happens, Samoa, California is just a few miles from Manilla, California...

And they are definately psilocybe cyanescens, native to the dune grass in that area. I was trying to be a little bit general -- but I don't think mentioning the name of the peninsula is too specific? And the spores from these "samoa cyans" are themselves travelers, since they're now spawning in the eastern U.S., in the "lake effect" zone from the Great Lakes. Right now they're inside, but hopefully when the snow melts they can be transplanted outside in the yard.

Hope I don't sound in any way like a smart ass or a know-it-all, I have immense respect for the folks on the shroomery that share their experience and hope. And, as far as trying a LC (liquid culture?), that's a great idea. I've got some more alder chips soaking in distilled water, maybe after they've soaked a few days, I'll try spraying them with some mycelium, ground up in a juicer, mixed with water. I realize that's probably a poor excuse for a LC, but I'll give it a shot.

Peace

Edited by BobHumboldt (11/19/05 02:53 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale