Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Gay Marriage [Re: daimyo]
    #4951992 - 11/18/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

All these anti-gay marriage people talk about it opening the door for polygamy. Am I the only one who sees nothing wrong with this? I don't care how many spouses you have or what their gender is, as long as you don't go prying into my private life either.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Silversoul]
    #4951998 - 11/18/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You're not the only one. :grin:

Let's hear it for love, in whatever package it chooses to appear. :cheers:

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Veritas]
    #4952036 - 11/18/05 02:36 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Jundge not and ye shal not be judged..

InvisibleVoidOfsPg
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Bhairabas]
    #4952160 - 11/18/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

First off let me state that I personally dont agree with gay marriage.

HOWEVER, with the way our country is set up with the certain rights alloted to people, I think gay marriage should be allowed. It all falls back to the religious thing. And with that, there should be a seperation of church and government. When religious beliefs and government are put together, thats when there will be conflict. Again, I don't agree with gay marriage, but in a country that has "seperation of church and state" ...religion should NOT stop something like homosexuals getting married.

Besides, I don't want my kids (when I have some) reading a book in school and seeing two guys holding hands and think it's okay. I don't want them to think it's okay for them to be homosexual.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Vvellum]
    #4952235 - 11/18/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
Why do you assume that gay marriage is a "degradation" of the institution of marriage?

Never said I did. I am making the case of those that do.

IMO, marriage is a waste. But for those that believe in it as a union of man and woman under the auspices of their lord, I don't think that they should have someone elses way forced on them.

If gays/lesbians want to have a union that is fine. Just don't call it a marriage. It is not their word to pervert.

Quote:

bi0 said:
Why is the act of solidifying and ritually/legally recognizing love such a bad thing?

Never said it was. The whole idea means nothing to me personally.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4952248 - 11/18/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If these people stop listening to crazy Pat Robertson, their lives would be a lot better.....

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Gay Marriage [Re: lid]
    #4952253 - 11/18/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lid said:
the word "god" should be removed from currency, the pledge of allegiance, and from every single court and government institution in this country.

Fine by me.

Quote:

lid said:
Let gays get married, there is nothing wrong with it

Union.  Not marriage.

Quote:

lid said:
anybody who says that it is is basing it completely off of religious bias.  This is bull shit and childish.

Yea, because religion is bullshit and childish :rolleyes:

Quote:

lid said:
I think all these fanatic christians in this damn country should be forced to live somewhere they are the minority, and deal with extreme prejudice against their way of life.  That way they can feel like the all gay people they persecute here in the US.

You think they don't?  The only people who like the fanatics are the fanatics.  No matter what the group.
And wishin prejudice on one group but not the other...that my friend is childish.

Quote:

lid said:
The whole anti-gay thing makes me sick.

Does that make you better than the ones who get sick from the whole gay thing?

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Gay Marriage [Re: idiotek]
    #4952257 - 11/18/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

idiotek said:
i've never understood fanatical christians.  if they'd actually pick up their bibles and read the shit that Jesus actually said.. they'd realize that we should all just get the fuck over what we think others should be and accept and love them for who they already are.

that includes people who don't believe what they do.

:thumbup:

I knew someone could make a point without resorting to bashing another group.

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4952259 - 11/18/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
All these anti-gay marriage people talk about it opening the door for polygamy. Am I the only one who sees nothing wrong with this? I don't care how many spouses you have or what their gender is, as long as you don't go prying into my private life either.

Agreed.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4952277 - 11/18/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
All these anti-gay marriage people talk about it opening the door for polygamy.  Am I the only one who sees nothing wrong with this?  I don't care how many spouses you have or what their gender is, as long as you don't go prying into my private life either.

I don't either, to be frank. Anyone damned foolish enough to want more than one woman deserves what they get - I.E. an early grave..... :tongue:

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Gay Marriage [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #4952289 - 11/18/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Think hard on this one, judiasm, christianity, and islam all forbid sodomy. homosexuality is sodomy. so, when we say one nation under god, and yet we say we approve of sodomy being holy. which is what asking to be married is, it is a holy ritual.

now, i don't see what's wrong with a civil union. Civil Union Definition: a legally recognized and voluntary union of adult parties of the same sex

but it is invading another mans belief to try and get them to be recognized as married. and america was founded on being able to have your own religion. it is the gays that are pushing theyre way wrongfully. america is found on religion before it is on every civil right.

and america has changed alot since it became a country. this political correctness has gone too far if you ask me. everyone is trying to make exceptiosn for everything and have things theyre way, yet at the same time another persons beliefs are being repressed. so really, everyones rights are being repressed when there is controversy like this.

so, it's simple. if you can accept the fact that america was founded on god; and you don't like it, then, get out. It's nothing too personal, but that's just the way it is. There are other places in the world that accept gay marriages. But America does not, and we are based on religion. So don't try to change it, because that's anti-american in it's own way.

P.S.
Alot of you will likely think I'm wrong, but that's the way it is. I could have worded it better, but I'm not writing an essay. So /flame off.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#4952304 - 11/18/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Why would gays being married be a perversion of the word? I would think that the aforementioned divorce rates in this country would alone be a much bigger dent in the "sanctity" of marriage than having homosexuals marrying one another.

You can't say that it's "their" word. Last time I checked, there was no trademark or copyright on it.

Because someone believes that marriage should be between men & women only does not mean that if homosexuals were married it would suddenly force it in their faces. If they care so much to get themselves involved, they're putting their own faces into it.. not the other way around.

Live and let live and things like this won't happen.

It seems to me that the only reason gays care so much is because they want government recognition and the same rights as legally married people. That sounds fair to me, considering they pay taxes just like everyone else.

btw.. you keep pushing this subject on and whenever someone disagrees with you it's suddenly "you don't care" or you are completely indifferent. Yet you consistently support the anti-gay view on the matter. Are you a closet homophobe? Seriously. If you're going to argue on behalf of a cause that you care nothing about.. argue both sides.

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #4952370 - 11/18/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I think god decides these things not us.. It's possible that right and wrong are concepts we created not god..

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4952422 - 11/18/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

idiotek said:
Why would gays being married be a perversion of the word?

Because marriage is man:woman. Nothing else. By trying to change it the gays are perverting the word.

Quote:

idiotek said:
I would think that the aforementioned divorce rates in this country would alone be a much bigger dent in the "sanctity" of marriage than having homosexuals marrying one another.

Divorce is terrible. If people too marriage seriously, say as a holy union, instead of looking at it as a way to get benefits it would be better off.
Divorce rates are not any reason to allow gays to use the word marriage to represent their union.

Quote:

idiotek said:
You can't say that it's "their" word. Last time I checked, there was no trademark or copyright on it.

When was the last time you checked?

Quote:

idiotek said:
Because someone believes that marriage should be between men & women only does not mean that if homosexuals were married it would suddenly force it in their faces.

Are you thinking before you type? Or just spouting PC talking points?
That's like saying if the Supreme Court outlawed abortion it wouldn't be forcing it in the faces of those who believe in choice.

Quote:

idiotek said:
It seems to me that the only reason gays care so much is because they want government recognition and the same rights as legally married people. That sounds fair to me, considering they pay taxes just like everyone else.

Give them the rights under union. Just don't call it marriage.

Quote:

idiotek said:
btw.. you keep pushing this subject on and whenever someone disagrees with you it's suddenly "you don't care" or you are completely indifferent. Yet you consistently support the anti-gay view on the matter. Are you a closet homophobe? Seriously. If you're going to argue on behalf of a cause that you care nothing about.. argue both sides.

I don't care if gays have legal unions with benefits. I don't care about marriage.
I DO care however that a minority group is attempting to push their way into the lives of a religious ceremony and the government may endorse it.

Furthermore, I think any unions done outside of church should be called a union and not a marriage. All can have benefits, but do not pervert the word.

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Gay Marriage [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4952430 - 11/18/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'm glad someone else understands this position.

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#4952483 - 11/18/05 04:30 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Of course I think before I type, but obviously you don't really process the things you read because you regurgitated your own arguments instead of considering mine and forming responses to them. I didn't see anything new in that post, just the same stuff you posted earlier. Get some new material instead of injecting facetious cop-outs into a legitimate debate.

PC or not, you're not helping yourself look any less homophobic. Do you believe that homosexuals are immoral in the eyes of God, assuming you believe in God? People who aren't the least bit religious get married all the time. Should they be allowed to do so? I suppose because they are male and female it doesn't matter.. but if you're going to take a dogmatic approach to it you can't discount those who don't believe.

Also, comparing abortion to gay marriage is incredibly small-minded and the two are completely different subjects with equally differing moral values involved.

If two gay people get married, it does not involve anyone other than those two people & the people involved with the ceremony. As long as everyone is consenting and has no qualms, why would it be an issue with any 3rd party? The government's endorsement of their "marriage" only involves tax purposes anyway.

Entry Word: marriage
Function: noun
Text: 1 a union representing a special kind of social and legal partnership between two people <some religions consider marriage a sacrament>
Synonyms match, matrimony, wedlock

Hmm.. thesaurus says that marriage is synonymous with union. What's the fucking difference?! Just some silly religous connotations.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4952507 - 11/18/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

gay marriage = good.

Those people would have their chastity belts all up in a bundle if the gays tried to outlaw straight marriage.....

Stop the discrimination you intolerant whackos... Jesus told you to go love your neighbor.....

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds