Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Loc: derby city
Dear Friends I Have A Gift
    #4949709 - 11/17/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

It's been such a long time since I've posted here at the Shroomery, but I remember those days with fondness. I come to you today with nothing to sell or profit from other than that of your own satisfaction. I've worked long and laborious on a mix for your downloadable and streamable listening pleasure. The work is a product of somewhere around 100 hours, 99.9% of which spent in Sonic Foundry Sound Forge. I'll have record sets available hopefully before the New Year.

The name of this available mix is Firma Groove and is a musical arrangement conducted by myself under the moniker of a Headchange.
Feedback is always greatly appreciated and I hope to provide you with further aural excursions of the like and eventually of my own production. Enjoi!

www.demostreams.com/?ID=headchange

This is the artwork for Firma Groove, done by yours truly.

[url=http://myspace-697.vo.llnwd.net/00314/79/65/314095697_l.jpg]
[url=http://myspace-242.vo.llnwd.net/00314/24/21/314391242_l.jpg]
[url=http://myspace-352.vo.llnwd.net/00314/25/36/314476352_l.jpg]

--------------------
The times are good. The living is easy. The vibes are zingy.

Edited by Prodijal_Son (11/18/05 04:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Re: Dear Friends I Have A Gift [Re: Prodijal_Son]
    #4950344 - 11/18/05 04:09 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Can I get a mod to move this to the music forum? It'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-S. Dorias

--------------------

Offlineprotected_son
Stranger
    #4950416 - 11/18/05 04:32 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

heard first thing that is HOT WHEW.

--------------------
*~-READ-~*

The creator of this reply or this post takes no responsibility or liability for anything that happens as a result of, you, reading or trying anything on this page or anything contained in subsequent pages. By reading this. you are implying that you are in agreement with this disclaimer.

OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Re: Dear Friends I Have A Gift [Re: protected_son]
    #4951036 - 11/18/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks holmes, glad to hear your like it!

--------------------

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

#4951249 - 11/18/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prodijal_Son said:
somewhere around 100 hours, 99.9% of which spent in Sonic Foundry Sound Forge.

Dang dood, you know there are much more efficient ways of doing this these days? I don't mean to trivialize what you've done, (its an enjoyable mix) but in a program like ableton live, this could be prepared, mixed in realtime, recorded and edited all in one sitting if you were gung ho about it. You should really think about checking out ableton if you're planning on doing more of these. You'll dig it I am almost positive....

www.ableton.com

Good selections though.

--------------------
µgrammar

OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Re: Dear Friends I Have A Gift [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #4951452 - 11/18/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I've used it and it doesn't compare to the level of detail and exactness that SoundForge allows, and you can't match two sources of music when they're imperfectly timed. Furthermore, DJ mixing isn't of the most esteemed practices of musical expression, and if I'm going to partake the least I can do is work on the closest level of participation possible.

Ableton is great for live mix, but you can't just slap some mp3's in and call it a mix. Thanks for the input and supportive words.

--------------------

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

#4951656 - 11/18/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prodijal_Son said:
I've used it and it doesn't compare to the level of detail and exactness that SoundForge allows, and you can't match two sources of music when they're imperfectly timed.

I think you are mistaken, it allows one to easily match imperfectly timed music. And as for level of detail, one can zone down far past a millisecond so, I don't know what you are talking about in regards to exactness. No offense, but I think you should revisit the program, because obviously you didn't know how to use it the first time you tried it.

Quote:

Furthermore, DJ mixing isn't of the most esteemed practices of musical expression, and if I'm going to partake the least I can do is work on the closest level of participation possible.

So what you are saying is, just because you spent 100 hours of time cutting, pasting, and overdubbing a bunch of other people's music in an archaic fashion, somehow it is more valid than doing the same thing with a program that allows one to do it in approx 90% less time?

Quote:

Ableton is great for live mix, but you can't just slap some mp3's in and call it a mix.

Why not? How is it any less valid than what you did?

--------------------
µgrammar

OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Re: Dear Friends I Have A Gift [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #4951850 - 11/18/05 01:48 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If you you're not familiar with SF in regards to exactness, I implore you to investigate. I will revisit Ableton, however I found it to be flawed when mixing imperfect tempos. I found it easier and more fulfilling to do the mixing manually than to have Ableton do it.

What I'm saying is efficiency doesn't improve quality either. And had you listened more closely you would have found more afoot than cut .. paste .. overdub.

You can use Ableton and call it a mix. Be my guest.

Archaic? You sunk my battle ship Huckleberry!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags