Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSThomas
enthusiast
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Gyms (pics)
    #492411 - 12/15/01 10:56 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ok here are the Gym pics. I believe I have narrowed them down to G. hybridus...although I could be wrong. I have tried them and they were very nice. In some of the photos you can notice some blueing/greening, and some photos look very similar to some of our other favorite wood lovers. What do you guys think?

Sorry for so many pics guys. So what kind of Gym are they? I think shitdog mentioned that he found some similar to these. Anyways, they are a real cool mushroom and are active.

Cheers

--------------------
And that is all the news that's fit to print

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSThomas
enthusiast
Re: Gyms (pics) [Re: SThomas]
    #492616 - 12/16/01 03:40 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Wow nobody interested in my Gyms....=(

--------------------

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
    #492705 - 12/16/01 08:17 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I can't comment on the species as I know nothing about them - but those are some very nice pics! Nice find!

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
Re: Gyms (pics) [Re: _JJ_]
    #492768 - 12/16/01 10:49 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Damn! Have you struck a magic mycological gold mine or what!?! First those purple-brown spored things, and now these.Way to go S.T. Are you sure you're not Lizard King in disguise..hehehe.... ; ), I figured only him or GG could get this lucky,at least of us hunters east of the Mississippi.
I would guess they are some type of gymno,which one, I have no clue.Unless maybe they're Galerina steglichii,which is an active species.I have very little info on this species,it's habitat,description,range,size etc.I would guess that being in the Cortiniacea family it would also possess a rusty or rust-orange sporeprint.But I would go with some kind of gymno.
Did you find these fruiting around the same time as you did the psilocybes you've found?

Awesome! I'm jealous,dammit.

doo

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #492933 - 12/16/01 02:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting mushrooms!

Nice score.

What color are the spore prints?

OfflineSThomas
enthusiast
Re: Gyms (pics) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #493668 - 12/17/01 09:48 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I find them very interesting, they share many of the characteristics of the other Gymnopolis that I have found, but in many aspects look more like psilocybes...only my opinion of course. The spore print is the same as spectabilis as is the flesh color and the smell anise like, and there is noticable blueing/greening on stems and sometimes caps...maybe MJ and some of the others can help me out here.

--------------------

Offlinefrankthefreak
Stranger
    #493877 - 12/17/01 03:17 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Damn, I'm jealous...you are in the northeast right? how come I can never find these suckers? I have found a shitload of oyster mushrooms the last few days though....but I'm dying to find some gyms....talk about a yield! what could be better than that?

Thought I had a gym a while back....too bad it was galerina autumnus....can't find the ones that make you trip, but i sure can find the ones that kill you!

Great find, SThomas....keep up the good work

Offlinebrewinb
journeyman

Loc: straya as in OZ
    #494578 - 12/18/01 05:53 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

those look gross. the pics are fine mind ya. I am a cope and cube man so those are far from anything I would consider putiing in my body. Make sure 100 percent.
Have fun
Brewin

--------------------
Cool Buzz, tasty waves

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Gyms (pics) [Re: brewinb]
    #495044 - 12/18/01 04:24 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah those are gross man, I'd rather eat mushrooms that grow from feces.

Whatever dude, magic is magic, don't discriminate man. I'd eat 'em up with out a second thought :)

LK,

--------------------

OfflineSThomas
enthusiast
Re: Gyms (pics) [Re: Lizard King]
    #495540 - 12/19/01 12:32 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hey I actually think they look real purdy. Except for the older slug eaten ones, look at those caramel caps, they look like smurf land mushrooms...all cute and stuff in the young stages. So many have read this post but not many replies, come on people what do yall think? Where did MJ go?

--------------------

Offlinebrewinb
journeyman

Loc: straya as in OZ
    #495711 - 12/19/01 07:17 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

No worries Mr lizard. opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one. I get shitty sometimes maybe that is why I am satisfied with copes. Maybe it is because they are so damn powerful.
If they are what ya think they are StThomas than how many of those buggers would ya have to eat? Is it psilocybin that gives them there kick beocystin(spl?) or muscimol(spl?). Dont know anything about them. How are you going to dry that many before they go off? If they are indeed psychoactive then that is one hell of a haul.
Hope you get positive id. Did not mean to sound negative
brewin

--------------------
Cool Buzz, tasty waves

OfflineSThomas
enthusiast
    #495781 - 12/19/01 09:24 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

No probs Brewinb. It is mainly psilocybin that gives them their kick. As to how many you have to eat, more than most psilocybes...about 10g or so to feel the real hammer. I have felt in on less though, just depends on the mushrooms, not sure yet whether the younger pins are more potyent than the fully mature ones, like some other wood lovers. I knwo they are Gyms, just not certain as to which species, these ones aren't as bitter as the big Gyms either. They were dried in a few days on plain old paper towel, no mold or anything like that. They are now in a big zip-lock bag in the freezer, alltogether I got about 4 ounces dried.

Cheers

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #496383 - 12/19/01 08:50 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Brewinb, no need to spout the whole opinions and assholes bit, my post wasn't meant to offend you, it was more of a joke with a bit of opinion added in. I even put a smilely in my post, don't take things so personal :)

LK,

--------------------

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia Flag
    #2041222 - 10/24/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Time to once again beat a dead horse...or beat a horse dead from a while back...what do people think these are...still not Id'd and found more this year...anyone...anyone...Buller?

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Anonymous

Re: Gyms (pics) [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #2042546 - 10/25/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds