Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrumbles420
El Duderino

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Re: do you guys think lsd could affect dna??? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #5058443 - 12/13/05 04:27 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, been
over the edge for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even
if you're not mad..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: do you guys think lsd could affect dna??? [Re: Grumbles420]
    #5058513 - 12/13/05 04:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

The same question is also addressed somewhere in another thread

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Forum1&Number=5041293&page=0&fpart=4

Oh, and hooray for thread necromancy!  W00T! :headbanger:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Offlineboatshow
Stranger

Re: do you guys think lsd could affect dna??? [Re: Grumbles420]
    #5058635 - 12/13/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

LSD effect your DNA? No. Effect your children? Not directly, but how about something like this:

So you're a college kid in the '60s. You're a sexist, racist, and a homophobe who hates music and art, and think that the Vietnam war is the greatest thing since the KKK. You are ignorant, dumb, and think that women should be seen and not heard. But then you take some LSD. It's life changing. You see the errors in your life. You realise that all people are equal, and that there is no reason for war. Subsequently you burn your draft card. You learn to appreciate music and art. Your friends change, and so do your views. You crave intelligent conversation. You try to improve yourself as a person. You get married to a woman who is intelligent and independent, and who you truly love. You have a son, and raise him to appreciate art and music, and see people for who they really are. He gets married to someone he loves, and they have a son. The son goes to Harvard, and becomes the best President since FDR.

But let's say you never took LSD. You drop out of college to fight in Vietnamm. You come back, and knock up the first girl you see. You get married, even though you hate each other. You beat her, and become an alcoholic. You treat your son even worse. As he grows up he learns to beat women, drink whiskey, and hate "slopes". He drops out of high school, lives off welfare, knocks up some gril he met at the bar, and has a son. The son goes to a trailer park and smokes crack.

Unrealistic, but not entirley impossible.

--------------------
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,
Dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,
Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night

Offlinepsychedelix
Growling MadScientist
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
Re: do you guys think lsd could affect dna??? [Re: boatshow]
    #5058668 - 12/13/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

You beat her, and become an alcoholic. You treat your son even worse. As he grows up he learns to beat women, drink whiskey, and hate "slopes". He drops out of high school, lives off welfare, knocks up some gril he met at the bar, and has a son. The son goes to a trailer park and smokes crack.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
:rofl2:

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: do you guys think lsd could affect dna??? [Re: psychedelix]
    #5061917 - 12/14/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

there actually was a theory about LSD damaging the DNA, but this has long been disproven.

i even think someone checked Learys DNA due to that theory (or maby it was mckenna, cant really recall which one), but they could not find any evidence of changes. and i doubt that your, or you dads, consumption can match either of those guys.

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies