Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: comradelucifer]
    #4947736 - 11/17/05 05:07 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If you're in high school my best advice to you is treat this as a proffessional problem. Either arrange a sit down with your teacher and the highest authority in school to address the problem. Or write a letter to the appropriate people in proper form. EITHER way, make sure your complaint is heard. If your topic was valid BEFORE the issues with the other student, and subsequently your topic is now banned because of the actions, then you have to make it clear to everyone your situation and what you think a fair course of action would be.

Dress nice for the meeting, speak intelligently, treat these people with respect and most importantly, dont be an asshole about ANYthing. If you disagree with something that they say, dont be adamant, work with it and see if you can swing it your way. You got fucked, you need to change that, but always remember the old adage of flys and honey. If you address this problem in a proper manner there's no reason why your school wont be willing to work for you. If anything lay it on THICK about your college situation. Believe me it looks great for the school when the students go directly to a 4 year univ right after grad.

Good luck man, it really sucks you couldnt use this oppurtunity to spread the light of LSD to everyone. If i were you, and it was a really nicely done paper, save that shit for college! No doubt you will be taking comp and other english classes, and once you get there the limitations on papers are usually endless in certain courses.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Edited by coda (11/17/05 05:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: coda]
    #4947758 - 11/17/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Get a lawyer involved, if possible. Might not be worth your money, but often times one has friends of the family, or actual family that can help. If you sit down and talk in a professional manner with a lawyer, they'll not only take it seriously, they might just back down to not get publicity from this issue.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4947783 - 11/17/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

you dont even usually have to get your lawyer involved,
i did have the advantage of being a spoiled child of a corporate leader, so money wasnt really an issue, and my mom is a hippy, so she would be all "you need to be behind your beliefs 100% and do what YOU think is right"
so i had a lawyer to call...
but if you mention it, they usually drop it, esp. if it is petty,
and like coda said, and i assumed, there is no need to be a disrespectful asshole, that will get you no where,
sell them

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: coda]
    #4947890 - 11/17/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i see no need for a lawyer, if you need some extra help your parents would be the first step to take for assistance.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#4947906 - 11/17/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

wrong
parents mean nothing to the people that he is going to have to deal with
these people are megalomaniacs by nature, in my experience,
and a lawyer probably wont be necesary, but the mentioning of one may be

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinecomradelucifer
Stranger
Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: incubaby_421]
    #4947939 - 11/17/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I think he's right Coda-I don't think my parents would have an impact on the administration-it might even put them under "suspicion." I LOVE this prohibition shit, don't you guys?

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: My research paper on entheogens has been shot down, and I need some help!! [Re: comradelucifer]
    #4948056 - 11/17/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

prohibition is AWESOME!!!!
its my favorite!

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
start here? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #4948149 - 11/17/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order